Page 181 of 343 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #2701 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

It's too soon to count any chickens, and I don't think Trump had much to do with what happened in America as far as major Big Pharma corporations seizing an opportunity to profit heavily - which is precisely what they are doing from this crisis, never letting a good crisis go to waste is the nefarious capitalist and political motto.
    Have you thanked a capitalist today lol?

The greedy bastards came through for us and as they are want to do, they followed the money.

Who was dangling the most money in front of their noses? The EU or the US? Which has the most per capita vaccinations? Which is heading for another lockdown and which isn’t?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #2702 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Saturday

3-20

USA

Total Cases 30,482,127

New Cases +55,908

Total Deaths 554,871

New Deaths +792

Total Recovered 22,683,617

Active Cases 7,243,639

Serious, Critical 8,732

Tot Cases/1M pop 91,705

Deaths/1M pop 1,669

Total Tests 388,699,199

Tests/1M pop 1,169,391
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (03-21-2021)

4. #2703 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Have you thanked a capitalist today lol?

The greedy bastards came through for us and as they are want to do, they followed the money.

Who was dangling the most money in front of their noses? The EU or the US? Which has the most per capita vaccinations? Which is heading for another lockdown and which isn’t?
    If I thought big pharma did this out of altruism I would be very thankful. I know better. We are talking about American big pharma, the same institution which has zero interest in seeking any cures for any ongoing disease, yet instead always seems to be able to come up with a remedy, thus guaranteeing them a lifetime of profit from each individual inflicted with a disease. I am convinced they may have 'accidentally' discovered cures but immediately sealed them and shelved them; because if they produce a cure for ANYTHING they cut themselves off from ongoing profits.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (03-21-2021)

6. #2704 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

If I thought big pharma did this out of altruism I would be very thankful. I know better. We are talking about American big pharma, the same institution which has zero interest in seeking any cures for any ongoing disease, yet instead always seems to be able to come up with a remedy, thus guaranteeing them a lifetime of profit from each individual inflicted with a disease. I am convinced they may have 'accidentally' discovered cures but immediately sealed them and shelved them; because if they produce a cure for ANYTHING they cut themselves off from ongoing profits.
    Why do we care about their motives in terms of providing ‘vaccines’ for the CCP virus? Trump dangled the carrot in front of their noses so we have good access to them—in this country, and there’s reason to be optimistic that they are driving our numbers down.

I’m not fan of Big Pharma but I don’t go full tin foil hat with it. Whoever cures cancer will be the next Bezos so there would be no keeping that under the rug.

Also since I’m not a fan, it’s one of the reasons I’m hesitant about taking the shot: I don’t trust them.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. #2705 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Why do we care about their motives in terms of providing ‘vaccines’ for the CCP virus? Trump dangled the carrot in front of their noses so we have good access to them—in this country, and there’s reason to be optimistic that they are driving our numbers down.

I’m not fan of Big Pharma but I don’t go full tin foil hat with it. Whoever cures cancer will be the next Bezos so there would be no keeping that under the rug.

Also since I’m not a fan, it’s one of the reasons I’m hesitant about taking the shot: I don’t trust them.
    Wise to be suspicious of the rich and powerful who got that way by oppressing the masses.

We need more Dr Jonas Salk(s) and fewer Martin Shkreli(s) in this world.

8. #2706 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Wise to be suspicious of the rich and powerful who got that way by oppressing the masses.

We need more Dr Jonas Salk(s) and fewer Martin Shkreli(s) in this world.
    The rich and powerful were made more rich and powerful over the last 12 months.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-21-2021)

10. #2707 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The rich and powerful were made more rich and powerful over the last 12 months.
    They never let a good crisis go to waste.

11. #2708 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

They never let a good crisis go to waste.
    Neither are they beyond manufacturing one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-22-2021)

13. #2709 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,395 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Says Daft Omar 61.

Haw, haw.......................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

14. #2710 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Totally agreed. I have long wondered if a nefarious big pharma operative would even go as far as manufacturing a new disease and releasing it just so they can sell the remedy for it.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 03-22-2021 at 06:00 AM.

15. #2711 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sunday

3-21

USA

Total Cases 30,521,774

New Cases +39,505

Total Deaths 555,314

New Deaths +455

Total Recovered 22,754,252

Active Cases 7,212,208

Serious, Critical 8,640

Tot Cases/1M pop 91,823

Deaths/1M pop 1,671

Total Tests 389,786,114

Tests/1M pop 1,172,643

16. #2712 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Totally agreed. I have long wondered if a nefarious big pharma operative would even go as far as manufacturing a new disease and releasing it just so they can sell the remedy for it.
    The way bioweapons work is they try and develop the vaccine for the virus before it’s released. There’s good circumstantial evidence Covid was released/escaped from a lab under control of the CCP in Wuhan.

Nothing would surprise me.

17. #2713 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

The way bioweapons work is they try and develop the vaccine for the virus before it’s released. There’s good circumstantial evidence Covid was released/escaped from a lab under control of the CCP in Wuhan.

Nothing would surprise me.
    It is certainly identified the glaring fact that Asian societies deal with a pandemic better than the USA does with all our freedom to believe and act upon anything people wish.

A coordinated approach is far superior in dealing with a virus than each person deciding for themselves the best way to handle it.

An effective social response to a pandemic is one where the best policy is determined and then each individual does their best to carry out that centrally determined policy.

Having individuals care only for themselves does not work in a situation where everyone is depending on others for their survival.

It's sad when people say they are not afraid.

What are they not afraid of? Hurting/killing others carelessly? Well, of course, a very selfish mind would not fear such a thing. A selfish mind only fears something which threatens their own survival. If they don't see a threat as something which could mean the end of their own life then the selfish mind does not care about that threat.

A selfish mind is incapable of realizing all that they actually get from a vibrant healthy society, It never occurs to them that if society in general is impacted, that a part of that impact filters down to them. It never occurs to them that if they help others, and others act the same, that the benevolence goes full circle and comes back to the individual. It is the epitome of the saying: "What goes around comes around."

It is the basis of why individuals in a society SHOULD care about others.

18. #2714 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

It is certainly identified the glaring fact that Asian societies deal with a pandemic better than the USA does with all our freedom to believe and act upon anything people wish.

A coordinated approach is far superior in dealing with a virus than each person deciding for themselves the best way to handle it.

An effective social response to a pandemic is one where the best policy is determined and then each individual does their best to carry out that centrally determined policy.

Having individuals care only for themselves does not work in a situation where everyone is depending on others for their survival.

It's sad when people say they are not afraid.

What are they not afraid of? Hurting/killing others carelessly? Well, of course, a very selfish mind would not fear such a thing. A selfish mind only fears something which threatens their own survival. If they don't see a threat as something which could mean the end of their own life then the selfish mind does not care about that threat.

A selfish mind is incapable of realizing all that they actually get from a vibrant healthy society, It never occurs to them that if society in general is impacted, that a part of that impact filters down to them. It never occurs to them that if they help others, and others act the same, that the benevolence goes full circle and comes back to the individual. It is the epitome of the saying: "What goes around comes around."

It is the basis of why individuals in a society SHOULD care about others.
    What’s an even better question is there’s a distinct possibility this was a bio weapon attack and why it’s so difficult to get people to care about it.

19. #2715 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,395 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lockdowns return or are extended as third wave of Covid sweeps Europe
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-covid-europe
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.