Page 164 of 343 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #2446 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Active Cases dipped a little yesterday.

Have we just seen a peak at last?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2447 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Active Cases dipped a little yesterday.

Have we just seen a peak at last?
    It’s either an effect of better testing [WHO finally reduced the PCR cycle guidelines, finally] which would make it an ‘artificial drop’. Or it’s Farr’s Law kicking in [virus gonna virus until it’s done virusing].

My guess is it’s a combination of those two factors. Can’t be vaccines quite yet.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #2448 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s either an effect of better testing [WHO finally reduced the PCR cycle guidelines, finally] which would make it an ‘artificial drop’. Or it’s Farr’s Law kicking in [virus gonna virus until it’s done virusing].

My guess is it’s a combination of those two factors. Can’t be vaccines quite yet.
    Could be. My guess is we have gotten past the bump from the holidays and more and more people are realizing it's really a serious pandemic and they need to be careful. That would follow after we see more and more cases where people know/knew somebody who has gotten the virus or even died from it. 450K Americans dead, had to know a lot of other Americans.

And how long has it been since Trump got cut off from Twitter? I guess since the Capitol siege, nearly a month. One of the most popular deniers is no longer tweeting nonsense.

And, of course, perhaps a bit too soon for the effect, almost 2 weeks, but after all, we do have a more responsible and consistent message from leadership now.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (02-02-2021)

5. #2449 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 12,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dont be so sure about that, nearly 80% of nursing home residents being willing to take the vaccines makes a huge difference fast if they work.

https://apnews.com/article/nursing-h...aaa6327583e8c4
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #2450 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like we are leveling the curve again!

Graph of Active Cases:

Screenshot_2021-02-02 United States Coronavirus 26,911,375 Cases and 454,213 Deaths - Worldomete.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

We have been flirting with 10 million Active Cases, but we have not reached it.

7. #2451 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Dont be so sure about that, nearly 80% of nursing home residents being willing to take the vaccines makes a huge difference fast if they work.

https://apnews.com/article/nursing-h...aaa6327583e8c4
    Good point, actually.

If I was over central planning, I would mandate that not a single dose would go out to non-nursing home residents until all nursing home residents were vaccinated.

That would cut the death rate by nearly 50% in within a month. Assuming the second dose didn’t kill them.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #2452 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Good point, actually.

If I was over central planning, I would mandate that not a single dose would go out to non-nursing home residents until all nursing home residents were vaccinated.

That would cut the death rate by nearly 50% in within a month. Assuming the second dose didn’t kill them.
    Good point, but a little draconian. Glad you're not in charge, just the same.

It's easier to get shots in arms when there is a central location for citizens to go get shots. It's not as easy when the individuals giving the shots have to travel to the person getting the shot because they live in a nursing home and no longer drive.

You can get more people vaccinated quicker when the people come to the vaccine, than you can if the vaccine has to travel to the people.

I favor the current approach of using both methods simultaneously.

9. #2453 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Monday

2-1

USA

Total Cases 26,911,375

New Cases +125,454

Total Deaths 454,213

New Deaths +1,904

Total Recovered 16,629,530

Active Cases 9,827,632

Serious, Critical 23,860

Tot Cases/1M pop 81,023

Deaths/1M pop 1,368

Total Tests 314,195,168

Tests/1M pop 945,956

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-02-2021)

11. #2454 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Good point, but a little draconian. Glad you're not in charge, just the same.

It's easier to get shots in arms when there is a central location for citizens to go get shots. It's not as easy when the individuals giving the shots have to travel to the person getting the shot because they live in a nursing home and no longer drive.

You can get more people vaccinated quicker when the people come to the vaccine, than you can if the vaccine has to travel to the people.

I favor the current approach of using both methods simultaneously.
    It’s not draconian—it’s straight forward logic based on the best data.

Nearly 50% of COVID deaths/hospitalizations occur in the nursing home population. The quickest route to gutting the death/hospitalization rate would be to get them vaccinated ASAP.

It’s also the quickest route to running the economy wide open, since, the whole point to lockdowns and other economy-stifling measures is/was to protect the hospitals and cut the death numbers.

Do it in a month or six weeks. Bingo. Done. I should take Fauci’s job. I’ll happily do it for 80k/year to supplement my retirement income. Save the taxpayers money.

12. #2455 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

It’s not draconian—it’s straight forward logic based on the best data.

Nearly 50% of COVID deaths/hospitalizations occur in the nursing home population. The quickest route to gutting the death/hospitalization rate would be to get them vaccinated ASAP.

It’s also the quickest route to running the economy wide open, since, the whole point to lockdowns and other economy-stifling measures is/was to protect the hospitals and cut the death numbers.

Do it in a month or six weeks. Bingo. Done. I should take Fauci’s job. I’ll happily do it for 80k/year to supplement my retirement income. Save the taxpayers money.
    But your logic does not consider that it takes longer to administer vaccines when the vaccines have to travel to the arms. The goal is to get 75% - 80% of the population vaccinated. That will get us to herd immunity. Then the virus will be contained. Then the economy can return.

You're trying to shortcut the process, which is not logical.

Patience is key. We will have our economy back sooner and safer with the current plan.

We must stick to the plan outlined by Dr. Fauci, and I believe he is far better qualified for the position he is in than you are.

Besides. You don't want to work to help fight the virus. If you did, you would have come out of retirement in the nation's time of need and offered your current medical skills and qualifications. You didn't do that or you would be too tired to post here.

13. #2456 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth Omar,

But your logic does not consider that it takes longer to administer vaccines when the vaccines have to travel to the arms. The goal is to get 75% - 80% of the population vaccinated. That will get us to herd immunity. Then the virus will be contained. Then the economy can return.

You're trying to shortcut the process, which is not logical.

Patience is key. We will have our economy back sooner and safer with the current plan.

We must stick to the plan outlined by Dr. Fauci, and I believe he is far better qualified for the position he is in than you are.

Besides. You don't want to work to help fight the virus. If you did, you would have come out of retirement in the nation's time of need and offered your current medical skills and qualifications. You didn't do that or you would be too tired to post here.
    There’s no surgical remedy for the CCP virus lol.

I don’t follow your logic. Nursing home residents don’t need to travel—that’s the beauty of it. Their ‘arms’ are all cooped up in the same place and not spread out like the other populations.

Why are we wasting time vaccinating people who have a 99.7 survival rate when we should be concentrating our efforts on the most vulnerable population?

We should be following the data and science but we’re not.

14. #2457 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

There’s no surgical remedy for the CCP virus lol.

I don’t follow your logic. Nursing home residents don’t need to travel—that’s the beauty of it. Their ‘arms’ are all cooped up in the same place and not spread out like the other populations.

Why are we wasting time vaccinating people who have a 99.7 survival rate when we should be concentrating our efforts on the most vulnerable population?

We should be following the data and science but we’re not.
    We are following the data and science as outlined by Dr Fauci. He is an expert. America trusts Dr. Fauci.

We are concentrating efforts on the most vulnerable, and it is not wasting time to vaccinate those older people and at-risk people who are not in nursing homes while we try to get all the nursing home people done. We must get the general public vaccinated beginning with the most vulnerable, but the goal is to get up to that herd immunity level. If we don't focus on that then we don't get the virus under control and we can't open the economy back up.

And it should be noted that there is no flipping a switch and turning the economy back on. That is going to take time because it was a hard shut-down and we didn't do it properly. Government should have paid business expenses and payroll to keep workers on the books. That wasn't done. Now that millions are on unemployment it will take much longer to get them back working again.

15. #2458 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

We are following the data and science as outlined by Dr Fauci. He is an expert. America trusts Dr. Fauci.

We are concentrating efforts on the most vulnerable, and it is not wasting time to vaccinate those older people and at-risk people who are not in nursing homes while we try to get all the nursing home people done. We must get the general public vaccinated beginning with the most vulnerable, but the goal is to get up to that herd immunity level. If we don't focus on that then we don't get the virus under control and we can't open the economy back up.

And it should be noted that there is no flipping a switch and turning the economy back on. That is going to take time because it was a hard shut-down and we didn't do it properly. Government should have paid business expenses and payroll to keep workers on the books. That wasn't done. Now that millions are on unemployment it will take much longer to get them back working again.
    See, I put out data based facts and you come back come with an appeal to Fauci. Facts and data are what they are: if the objective is to open the economy, we direct 90% of our efforts at nursing homes because *the data says* that’s were nearly 50% of hospitalizations/deaths occur.

So, let’s cut the current number by 50% within six weeks. We’d nearly be there by now but we’re trying too hard to get everyone vaccinated. After, we gut the COVID numbers, we can start with mass vaccinations and turn our attention to herd immunity.

Protecting hospitals is still the prime objective right? Or did Fauci change his mind again?

16. #2459 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 12,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good point, actually.

Thats the right thing to do, but notice how that is not what we are doing, because of political agendas mostly.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #2460 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Thats the right thing to do, but notice how that is not what we are doing, because of political agendas mostly.
    No, we're not doing that because you and Trump fucked everything up on COVID last year, and Biden now has to basically start from scratch.

The other problem is that there isn't a federal response for vaccinations...it's currently run through the states because that's what you all wanted.

So you'll inevitably end up with states going out of order for who should get the vaccine because you didn't want a federal plan because of "government hurr durr derp derp derpy doo derp derp derp derpo derpy derp derp da doo".

So really, this is on you, not Biden or leftists or liberals.

This is your fuckup.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist