Page 139 of 343 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #2071 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Pretty bad numbers for a Saturday.

157,000 New Cases.

This is preventable.

This is avoidable.

People need to take this more seriously.
    Yesterday our governor (Whitmer of Michigan) issued new restrictions beginning today. #COVID45's idiot "doctor's" response? He told the citizens to "rise up" and "resist" obeying them. WTF????

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b6a37e7e332fbf
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

moon (11-16-2020), PoliTalker (11-16-2020)

3. #2072 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    It is indeed You might want to try it sometime...cutting and pasting numbers and complaining isn't "knowledge", you know....Certainly not "power"
    Fuck off, snide cunt. Why so angry today? Woke up again with your face in dog pee?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #2073 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

From a friend....
    "We are now a solid 8 months into this. If you are not working/not getting a paycheck/struggling to make ends meet and run out of food or necessities...please don’t let yourself or your kids, even your fur kids, go to sleep with an empty stomach. Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to send me a private message. I am more than happy to help WITH WHAT I CAN. I will drop and go, or order for delivery. No one has to know and I will pretend it never happened. What's understood never has to be explained. I am lucky to be where we are in life and I am willing to help...We are all in this together."

5. #2074 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From a friend....
    "We are now a solid 8 months into this. If you are not working/not getting a paycheck/struggling to make ends meet and run out of food or necessities...please don’t let yourself or your kids, even your fur kids, go to sleep with an empty stomach. Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to send me a private message. I am more than happy to help WITH WHAT I CAN. I will drop and go, or order for delivery. No one has to know and I will pretend it never happened. What's understood never has to be explained. I am lucky to be where we are in life and I am willing to help...We are all in this together."
    Wow, you even stolen-valor your "friends" now -- and use them to virtue-signal. It's hard to imagine anything more pathetic. Well done!

6. #2075 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yesterday our governor (Whitmer of Michigan) issued new restrictions beginning today. #COVID45's idiot "doctor's" response? He told the citizens to "rise up" and "resist" obeying them. WTF????

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b6a37e7e332fbf
    Pretending the pandemic is a fake is what got him thrown out of office. He just doesn't get it, so it would be a surprise if he changed now.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-16-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-16-2020)

8. #2076 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pretending the pandemic is a fake is what got him thrown out of office. He just doesn't get it, so it would be a surprise if he changed now.
    Yep. But in this case, I'm appalled that a PHYSICIAN is telling people not to obey restrictions meant to save lives, even if it is one of #COVID45's pet toadies. Our hospitals up here are at almost full capacity. God forbid you should have a non-COVID health emergency requiring ICU right now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

moon (11-16-2020), PoliTalker (11-16-2020)

10. #2077 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,397 Times in 6,144 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK I'm not surprised you support such highlighting/celebration. Chatting up the negative always works so well.....
    Wouldn't this be the better message? From a friend....
    Yes, Thanksgiving....you should try it
    You clearly missed the Universal Basic Income post. Go away.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

11. #2078 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yep. But in this case, I'm appalled that a PHYSICIAN is telling people not to obey restrictions meant to save lives, even if it is one of #COVID45's pet toadies. Our hospitals up here are at almost full capacity. God forbid you should have a non-COVID health emergency requiring ICU right now.
    He probably searched high and low until he found someone who would kowtow to his beliefs, or the physician know he has to match 45's view or get fired from cushy job with one patient.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #2079 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He probably searched high and low until he found someone who would kowtow to his beliefs, or the physician know he has to match 45's view or get fired from cushy job with one patient.
    "Only the best people." I hope this assclown loses his medical license, if he even has one.

13. #2080 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

55 million cases in the world.

Over a million dead.

Death rate is 3%.

14. #2081 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Monday

11-16

USA

Total Cases 11,538,280

New Cases +162,346

Total Deaths 252,652

New Deaths +740

Total Recovered 7,019,364

Active Cases 4,266,264

Serious, Critical 21,184

Tot Cases/1M pop 34,781

Deaths/1M pop 762

Total Tests 170,137,170

Tests/1M pop 512,866

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-17-2020)

16. #2082 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From the OP:

(4-9-20)Our prez has talked about this being the worst week of the pandemic for the USA.
    This is 11-17-20. Now we can see that was tragically incorrect.

Obviously the president either:

a) Didn't know what he was talking about.

or

b) He did, but he lied to us.

Either way it was a failure of leadership.

He needs to give up fighting the election results, accept what has happened, and allow the transition to proceed for the good of America. That would be putting America first.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-17-2020)

18. #2083 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

For a medical professional to be parroting Trump by playing down the dangers of covid-19 is just irrational and outrageous.

Trump’s COVID advisor urges Americans to visit elderly for Thanksgiving because it may be their ‘final’ one

President Donald Trump’s highly controversial COVID-19 advisor,Dr. Scott Atlas, is urging Americans to visit their elderly family members for Thanksgiving because it may be their final one. Atlas warns against isolation despite the coronavirus pandemic’s near-exponential explosion.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/tru...eir-final-one/
    Lock Him Up

19. #2084 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Tumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    For a medical professional to be parroting Trump by playing down the dangers of covid-19 is just irrational and outrageous.

Trump’s COVID advisor urges Americans to visit elderly for Thanksgiving because it may be their ‘final’ one

President Donald Trump’s highly controversial COVID-19 advisor,Dr. Scott Atlas, is urging Americans to visit their elderly family members for Thanksgiving because it may be their final one. Atlas warns against isolation despite the coronavirus pandemic’s near-exponential explosion.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/tru...eir-final-one/
    What an idiotic thing to say.

Choosing to visit could be choosing death.

Staying away this year could result in many more years to enjoy regular visits.

Drive by and wave from outside the house instead.

We are running out of doctors and nurses to treat COVID patients.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (11-17-2020), Trumpet (11-17-2020)

21. #2085 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yesterday was a big day for Americans dying of COVID.

1600 dead.

We have got to do better.

I know there is COVID fatigue. Wanting this to all be over will not make it be over.

Pretending it is no problem is making the problem worse.