Page 132 of 343 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #1966 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Gamewell45,

Quote Originally Posted by Gamewell45 View Post
    One thing cannot be denied; the numbers do not lie. Great post!
    That's why I like math. Numbers are numbers. No spin required!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-02-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Gamewell45 (11-13-2020)

4. #1967 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Gamewell45,

So what does the CDC say when it comes to "numbers"?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (11-02-2020)

6. #1968 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Hello Gamewell45,

But math doesn't account for spin, and that's where you reside.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Granule For This Post:

Earl (11-02-2020)

8. #1969 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,520 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

PT just commented on spin.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-02-2020)

10. #1970 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Joe wouldn't help the pandemic....He'll just have everyone hide, and, with that, the Spirit of America dies....
    What a load of fucking horseshit.

You already killed the Spirit of America by choosing Trump.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

11. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-02-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-02-2020)

13. #1971 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    What a load of fucking horseshit.

You already killed the Spirit of America by choosing Trump.
    No....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (11-02-2020)

15. #1972 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, thank you. Worldometer is and has been the source for all the data throughout this thread.
    That's the one I've been looking at too. Being able to see how other nations are faring all on one page is helpful.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-02-2020)

17. #1973 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's the one I've been looking at too. Being able to see how other nations are faring all on one page is helpful.
    I am pretty impressed with Taiwan.

7 deaths total.

They did things right.

They got really burned in the SARS pandemic, and then decided to act proactively after that. As soon as they heard there was a possible novel coronavirus in Wuhan, they sent a team to investigate. They knew better than to listen to Bejing. What they learned shocked them. Taiwan went into immediate mobilization against the new pandemic. There are normally thousands of people going back and forth from Wuhan to Taiwan. Taiwan immediately imposed travel restrictions. Anyone entering Taiwan from anywhere was forced to quarantine for 2 weeks. The government checked on them and monitored their status. Each quarantined person was given 14 face masks, a thermometer, food, and a log to fill in. They had to take their temperature several times a day, fill in their log, and report to monitors about their condition.

Smart proactive measures have resulted in Taiwan having only 7 deaths total at this point.

Very impressive!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

19. #1974 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I am pretty impressed with Taiwan.

7 deaths total.

They did things right.

They got really burned in the SARS pandemic, and then decided to act proactively after that. As soon as they heard there was a possible novel coronavirus in Wuhan, they sent a team to investigate. They knew better than to listen to Bejing. What they learned shocked them. Taiwan went into immediate mobilization against the new pandemic. There are normally thousands of people going back and forth from Wuhan to Taiwan. Taiwan immediately imposed travel restrictions. Anyone entering Taiwan from anywhere was forced to quarantine for 2 weeks. The government checked on them and monitored their status. Each quarantined person was given 14 face masks, a thermometer, food, and a log to fill in. They had to take their temperature several times a day, fill in their log, and report to monitors about their condition.

Smart proactive measures have resulted in Taiwan having only 7 deaths total at this point.

Very impressive!
    Do you know how or if these measures affected their economy? Are they still practicing them?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-02-2020)

21. #1975 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Do you know how or if these measures affected their economy? Are they still practicing them?
    I believe their economy was never shut down, because they successfully blocked the virus from entering their nation through early and stringent measures. I can find no stories about

Here is a recent story about their success:

AIPEI, Taiwan -- Taiwan hit 200 days without any domestically transmitted cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, highlighting the island's continued success at keeping the virus under control even as cases surge in other parts of the world.

Taiwan’s Center for Disease Control last reported a domestic case on April 12. CDC officials noted the milestone and thanked the public for playing a role, while urging people to continue to wear masks and to wash their hands often.

Since the pandemic began, Taiwan has recorded 553 cases of COVID-19, and just seven deaths. While it has stopped domestic transmission, it continues to record new cases in people arriving from abroad.

Taiwan has been pointed to as a success story in how to respond to the pandemic, especially considering its close business and tourism ties with China, where the virus first emerged late last year.

Its success has in part been attributed to acting very early on.

Taiwanese officials were checking passengers on flights from Wuhan, the Chinese city where the pandemic began, as early as Dec. 31 for fever and pneumonia symptoms, according to researchers writing in JAMA, a medical journal.

On Jan. 20, the government formally initiated the Central Epidemic Command Center to coordinate the government response between different departments and branches. The government also communicated effectively about the importance of wearing masks, while trying to prevent panic buying and price-gouging by rationing them.

The island was also quick to tighten its borders, suspending flights from Wuhan on Jan. 23, and banning the entry of Chinese nationals who reside in Wuhan.

Taiwan has a strict 14-day quarantine for all arrivals, whether Taiwanese or foreign."

Taiwan marks 200 days without domestic COVID-19 infection

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

23. #1976 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I believe their economy was never shut down, because they successfully blocked the virus from entering their nation through early and stringent measures. I can find no stories about

Here is a recent story about their success:

AIPEI, Taiwan -- Taiwan hit 200 days without any domestically transmitted cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, highlighting the island's continued success at keeping the virus under control even as cases surge in other parts of the world.

Taiwan’s Center for Disease Control last reported a domestic case on April 12. CDC officials noted the milestone and thanked the public for playing a role, while urging people to continue to wear masks and to wash their hands often.

Since the pandemic began, Taiwan has recorded 553 cases of COVID-19, and just seven deaths. While it has stopped domestic transmission, it continues to record new cases in people arriving from abroad.

Taiwan has been pointed to as a success story in how to respond to the pandemic, especially considering its close business and tourism ties with China, where the virus first emerged late last year.

Its success has in part been attributed to acting very early on.

Taiwanese officials were checking passengers on flights from Wuhan, the Chinese city where the pandemic began, as early as Dec. 31 for fever and pneumonia symptoms, according to researchers writing in JAMA, a medical journal.

On Jan. 20, the government formally initiated the Central Epidemic Command Center to coordinate the government response between different departments and branches. The government also communicated effectively about the importance of wearing masks, while trying to prevent panic buying and price-gouging by rationing them.

The island was also quick to tighten its borders, suspending flights from Wuhan on Jan. 23, and banning the entry of Chinese nationals who reside in Wuhan.

Taiwan has a strict 14-day quarantine for all arrivals, whether Taiwanese or foreign."

Taiwan marks 200 days without domestic COVID-19 infection
    Thanks. New Zealand did a good job too. It helps to be an island nation, for sure.

24. #1977 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Thanks. New Zealand did a good job too. It helps to be an island nation, for sure.
    No doubt, being a small island nation helps but that's not the whole metric. Madagascar is about the same population as Taiwan and more removed from Wuhan, without as much traffic back and forth, but they have 30 times the deaths per million of Taiwan.

25. #1978 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The number of Serious and Critical Cases is exploding.

We seem to have rounded the corner and now we are headed for more death.

26. #1979 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Monday

10-2

USA

Total Cases 9,567,543

New Cases +88,905

Total Deaths 236,997

New Deaths +522

Total Recovered 6,171,402

Active Cases 3,159,144

Serious, Critical 17,576

Tot Cases/1M pop 28,847

Deaths/1M pop 715

Total Tests 149,694,768

Tests/1M pop 451,345

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-03-2020)

28. #1980 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

88 thousand new cases.

Not good.

Not rounding the corner.

Still increasing.

No peak yet.