Page 116 of 343 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #1726 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    So you're calling Trump a fucking moron?

Sciencey science!
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #1727 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,476 Times in 52,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Sciencey science!
    Everyone knows only Biden voters wear masks.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

moon (10-03-2020)

4. #1728 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Conclusion: Wearing masks (other than N95) will not be effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as PPE.

N95s protect health care workers, but are not recommended for source control transmission.

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/
    " A study of 4 patients (July 2020, South Korea).
    https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342
    Known patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 wore masks and coughed into a Petrie dish. “Both surgical and cotton masks seem to be ineffective in preventing the dissemination of SARS–CoV-2 from the coughs of patients with COVID-19 to the environment and external mask surface.”"

OK, if they are going to cherry-pick a study with such a small group of individuals, which supports everything they are saying, and they show 0 studies which say the opposite, obviously this is a biased source. And seriously? Coughing INTO a petri dish through a mask? To show that particles can get through a mask? Give us a break here. That is hardly indicative of whether general mask usage by the public is effective in reducing transmission.

Any face covering is going to reduce the spread of the disease. Just because some tests show some particles get through doesn't mean that the masks are not blocking a lot more from getting through. It's a numbers game. The more you block from getting through, the lower the odds of transmission. Less than 100% effectiveness is still better than 0. When lives are on the line we need to take whatever we can get. Masks are better than no mask.

Some of the other studies show that medical type masks are way more effective than cloth.

"Penetration of:

Cloth masks by particles — 97%

Medical masks — 44%,

3M Vflex 9105 N95 — 0.1%

3M 9320 N95 — <0.01%"

Their selection of studies and examples completely overlooks all the nations where there was extensive mask usage and those nations turned it around. The whole thing reads like they began with the supposition that mask-wearing is of no use, and set out to support it through careful cherry-picking.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 10-02-2020 at 07:38 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #1729 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

" A study of 4 patients (July 2020, South Korea).
    https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342
    Known patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 wore masks and coughed into a Petrie dish. “Both surgical and cotton masks seem to be ineffective in preventing the dissemination of SARS–CoV-2 from the coughs of patients with COVID-19 to the environment and external mask surface.”"

OK, if they are going to cherry-pick a study with such a small group of individuals, which supports everything they are saying, and they show 0 studies which say the opposite, obviously this is a biased source. And seriously? Coughing INTO a petri dish through a mask? To show that particles can get through a mask? Give us a break here. That is hardly indicative of whether general mask usage by the public is effective in reducing transmission.

Any face covering is going to reduce the spread of the disease. Just because some tests show some particles get through doesn't mean that the masks are not blocking a lot more from getting through. It's a numbers game. The more you block from getting through, the lower the odds of transmission. Less than 100% effectiveness is still better than 0. When lives are on the line we need to take whatever we can get. Masks are better than no mask.

Some of the other studies show that medical type masks are way more effective than cloth.

"Penetration of:

Cloth masks by particles — 97%

Medical masks — 44%,

3M Vflex 9105 N95 — 0.1%

3M 9320 N95 — <0.01%"

Their selection of studies and examples completely overlooks all the nations where there was extensive mask usage and those nations turned it around. The whole thing reads like they began with the supposition that mask-wearing is of no use, and set out to support it through careful cherry-picking.
    There is no conclusive evidence masks work.

Studies are all over the lot. The NEJM called them a ‘talisman’.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #1730 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you think Trump is a superstitious fucking moron?

7. #1731 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, aren’t you one too then lol?

8. #1732 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, aren’t you one too then lol?
    It's always fun for me to see you run from your own posts by making personal attacks. Just more proof you don't know what the fuck you are talking about when you post.

The fact remains Trump caught COVID, is wearing a mask and now, out of an "overabundance of caution" was quickly airlifted to Walter Reed to receive experimental medical treatments and be on-hand for any emergency measures should problems appear.

9. #1733 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Masks are going to block something.

Something is better than nothing.

Even your source showed they block something.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #1734 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Did you see that tweet from the middle of last night?

Trump said he loves everybody?

Wow. He must really be sick.

That is SO out of character.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-03-2020)

12. #1735 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeeks.

51K new cases.

This is not "just miraculously going away."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-03-2020)

14. #1736 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Did you see that tweet from the middle of last night?

Trump said he loves everybody?

Wow. He must really be sick.

That is SO out of character.
    I'm actually looking forward to more of his Tweets over the next week....if there are any.

15. #1737 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friday,

10-2

USA

Total Cases 7,549,323

New Cases +51,403

Total Deaths 213,524

New Deaths +864

Total Recovered 4,776,824

Active Cases 2,558,975

Serious, Critical 14,166

Tot Cases/1M pop 22,773

Deaths/1M pop 644

Total Tests 109,570,446

Tests/1M pop 330,529

16. #1738 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I'm actually looking forward to more of his Tweets over the next week....if there are any.
    Let's hope he's back on his feet as quickly as possible.

17. #1739 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Let's hope he's back on his feet as quickly as possible.
    That's a very civilized and caring response. I'm not so civilized and much less caring.

Meanwhile, Trump's COVID circle widens:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...s-implications

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-03-2020)

19. #1740 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's always fun for me to see you run from your own posts by making personal attacks. Just more proof you don't know what the fuck you are talking about when you post.

The fact remains Trump caught COVID, is wearing a mask and now, out of an "overabundance of caution" was quickly airlifted to Walter Reed to receive experimental medical treatments and be on-hand for any emergency measures should problems appear.
    Carp, if you don’t care for the implications of your own logic that’s your problem and not mine lol.