Page 114 of 343 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #1696 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Yes, but you and I both know your dislike of Republicans is a little over the top.
    Naturally, you don't expect me to agree with that. I do not. It's not about liking or disliking people. It's about the issues. It's about what people do and say. If office-holders are more loyal to their party than the USA, then yes I am critical of that. Trump should have been convicted and removed already. We'd have a lot more live Americans if Vice President Pence was running the pandemic response, that's for sure.

You're smart enough to know that actual "Trump supporters" are much fewer than Republican supporters. Not everyone, including me, is in favor of the Democrats running the full show. Biden will probably win (and I'll lose $50), the Democrats will retain the House, maybe gain a much stronger edge. The Senate is a toss up and I dearly hope the Republicans haven't fucked things up so much they lose the Senate too.
    Sure looks like that is exactly what has happened. They've been tweet-shamed into shaming themselves.

I suspect Trump with see what Hillary saw in 2016: A highly motivated turnout for the opposition and a base that is so pissed off many stayed home on election day.
    Could very well happen. Did you see my link about the analysis of the Cook Political Report?

They just pulled Iowa and Ohio out of the 'Leans Republican' group and placed them in the 'Toss Up' group.

That drops the expected Electoral Vote tally for Trump.

Biden 290; Trump 163

If Biden takes all of the Toss Ups in a landslide it would be...

Biden 375; Trump 163
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #1697 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Your common sense is refreshing lol.
    Our ancestors lived through pandemics all the time, they learned what to do, we should have listened but this is the age of the Modern Moron they who have spent their lives steeped in Victim Culture, they who were never taught how to think on their own because power does not want that.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (10-01-2020)

4. #1698 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

If Biden took all of the Toss Ups in the Cook Political Report analysis, and Texas?

It would be

Biden 413; Trump 125
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #1699 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,434 Times in 52,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    ....Could very well happen. Did you see my link about the analysis of the Cook Political Report?

They just pulled Iowa and Ohio out of the 'Leans Republican' group and placed them in the 'Toss Up' group.

That drops the expected Electoral Vote tally for Trump.

Biden 290; Trump 163

If Biden takes all of the Toss Ups in a landslide it would be...

Biden 375; Trump 163
    That report fits close with other ones. Even so, 61 Electoral votes being a "toss up" could swing it either way. After Trump's on-air near-suicide last Tuesday, he could end up losing by a landslide if he doesn't unfuck himself.

He's backpedaling on the Proud Boy fiasco with his go-too excuse: "I don't know them". Other Republicans are pressuring him on the issue because they know they could lose the Senate over Trump's bullshit.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...lash-to-debate
    "I don't know who the Proud Boys are," Trump told reporters when departing for a campaign trip to Minnesota. "I can only say they have to stand down. Let law enforcement do their work."

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-01-2020)

7. #1700 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Our ancestors lived through pandemics all the time, they learned what to do, we should have listened but this is the age of the Modern Moron they who have spent their lives steeped in Victim Culture, they who were never taught how to think on their own because power does not want that.
    Sooooo, the Black Death in Europe was inconvenient for business and people should have just gotten over it?

https://www.history.com/topics/middle-ages/black-death
    The Black Death was a devastating global epidemic of bubonic plague that struck Europe and Asia in the mid-1300s. The plague arrived in Europe in October 1347, when 12 ships from the Black Sea docked at the Sicilian port of Messina. People gathered on the docks were met with a horrifying surprise: Most sailors aboard the ships were dead, and those still alive were gravely ill and covered in black boils that oozed blood and pus. Sicilian authorities hastily ordered the fleet of “death ships” out of the harbor, but it was too late: Over the next five years, the Black Death would kill more than 20 million people in Europe—almost one-third of the continent’s population.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-01-2020)

9. #1701 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sooooo, the Black Death in Europe was inconvenient for business and people should have just gotten over it?

The Black Death was a devastating global epidemic of bubonic plague that struck Europe and Asia in the mid-1300s. The plague arrived in Europe in October 1347, when 12 ships from the Black Sea docked at the Sicilian port of Messina. People gathered on the docks were met with a horrifying surprise: Most sailors aboard the ships were dead, and those still alive were gravely ill and covered in black boils that oozed blood and pus. Sicilian authorities hastily ordered the fleet of “death ships” out of the harbor, but it was too late: Over the next five years, the Black Death would kill more than 20 million people in Europe—almost one-third of the continent’s population.
    Make statements if you want my attention, this is not interrogate Hawkeye Hour.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #1702 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Make statements if you want my attention, this is not interrogate Hawkeye Hour.
    I did. You're not required to read it or agree with it. The fact remains blaming the impact of a global pandemic on "victim culture" is baseless.

11. #1703 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I did. You're not required to read it or agree with it. The fact remains blaming the impact of a global pandemic on "victim culture" is baseless.
    Well Carp, comparing COVID to the Black Plague is kinda ‘out there’ lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #1704 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The fragility of humans which has been long promoted by the Victim Culture Cult is a huge part of why we fucked up this pandemic so deeply.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #1705 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,831 Times in 17,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well Carp, comparing COVID to the Black Plague is kinda ‘out there’ lol.
    We are getting there. Trump virus has not stopped. The numbers grow. We are heading for a quarter-million deaths, just in America.

14. #1706 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    We are getting there. Trump virus has not stopped. The numbers grow. We are heading for a quarter-million deaths, just in America.
    Approximately one third to one half of which wouldn’t survive the next 13 months, regardless.

This is NOT the Plague.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #1707 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The fragility of humans which has been long promoted by the Victim Culture Cult is a huge part of why we fucked up this pandemic so deeply.
    People promote all kinds of silly ideas. If you want to fall for the "Victim Culture" bullshit, that's your choice. I doubt many mature, intelligent adults agree with you. They know, like you should know, that we're all going to die one day, but prefer our government take action to delay that day. Disagreed that Trump pushed the Victim Culture even though he plays the Victim quite often.

16. #1708 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People promote all kinds of silly ideas. If you want to fall for the "Victim Culture" bullshit, that's your choice. I doubt many mature, intelligent adults agree with you. They know, like you should know, that we're all going to die one day, but prefer our government take action to delay that day. Disagreed that Trump pushed the Victim Culture even though he plays the Victim quite often.
    People are deeply ignorant cowards for the most part now, exactly what the Victim Culture Cult wanted and promotes constantly.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #1709 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People are deeply ignorant cowards for the most part now, exactly what the Victim Culture Cult wanted and promotes constantly.
    Jesus, dude. What kind of fucking losers do you hang around with IRL???

18. #1710 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    44K new cases yesterday.

977 more dead Americans.

Active Cases not dropping.

No peak yet.

The USA, with fewer than 5% of the world population, has more than 20% of the deaths.

Bad leadership.

Bad leadership, yes. But he did bring back Big Ten football. Priorities!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

19. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-01-2020)