Page 126 of 343 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #1876 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'm curious to see what kind of criminal cases will be filed throughout 2021 regarding malfeasance in the Trump administration and, mostly, the disinformation campaign about the COVID pandemic coming from the Trump administration. The "I was just following orders" excuse hasn't worked since the Nuremberg trials.
    The ' followers of orders ' were hung. We're more civilized now- but the punishment ought to be severe enough to deter any other mob bosses from taking over the White House.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-22-2020)

3. #1877 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,478 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    The ' followers of orders ' were hung. We're more civilized now- but the punishment ought to be severe enough to deter any other mob bosses from taking over the White House.
    I'm good with life without parole in a Federal cell. Most would have to live solitary lives in protective custody because other inmates who lost loved ones to COVID or lost their life savings because of Trump might shiv them.

Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie...#Incarceration
    On October 13, 2009, it was reported that Madoff experienced his first prison yard fight with another inmate, also a senior citizen. When he began his sentence, Madoff's stress levels were so severe that he broke out in hives and other skin maladies soon after.

On December 18, 2009, Madoff was moved to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina, and was treated for several facial injuries. A former inmate later claimed that the injuries were received during an alleged altercation with another inmate.

Other news reports described Madoff's injuries as more serious and including "facial fractures, broken ribs, and a collapsed lung". The Federal Bureau of Prisons said Madoff signed an affidavit on December 24, 2009, which indicated that he had not been assaulted and that he had been admitted to the hospital for hypertension

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-22-2020)

5. #1878 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That would do, I suppose- but I had banishment to Palestine in mind.

Maria Ressa.

6. #1879 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    That would do, I suppose- but I had banishment to Palestine in mind.
    That would be a death sentence.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #1880 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Over 1200 Americans lost their lives to COVID-19 yesterday.

It's coming back on.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #1881 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The $64,000 question of the day is...

"How many people tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday in the USA?"

And the correct answer is +63,663.

9. #1882 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Over 1200 Americans lost their lives to COVID-19 yesterday.

It's coming back on.
    The daily death counts bounce around too much to be correct....you need to be working with the 7 day average if you are looking for reality.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #1883 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wednesday

10-21

USA

Total Cases 8,584,819

New Cases +63,663

Total Deaths 227,409

New Deaths +1,225

Total Recovered 5,602,116

Active Cases 2,755,294

Serious, Critical 15,686

Tot Cases/1M pop 25,889

Deaths/1M pop 686

Total Tests 128,660,862

Tests/1M pop 388,000

11. #1884 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Pandemic experts are warning the next 6 to 8 weeks are going to be terrible. The second wave is coming while the first wave was never handled. In the Spanish flu, the second wave was much worse than the first. We only have a quarter-million deaths in the first. How bad will it be?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-23-2020)

13. #1885 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Pandemic experts are warning the next 6 to 8 weeks are going to be terrible. The second wave is coming while the first wave was never handled. In the Spanish flu, the second wave was much worse than the first. We only have a quarter-million deaths in the first. How bad will it be?
    The problem is that we never got the number of Active Cases to drop. All we managed to do was temporarily freeze the climb. We flattened the curve as hoped, leveled off, but the second part of that, if the effort is kept up and there is enough compliance, is we needed to see the number of Active Cases start dropping. That never happened.

We have too many people blowing this whole thing off, thinking it's no big deal, thinking it has been over-hyped. (It has not.)

They are not taking distancing seriously.

Many of my friends and I have ended all social gatherings. We may see one another in passing but we are not having gatherings. I have not eaten out or even gotten take-out since March. I know plenty of others who have not either. Any splurge like that would be an unnecessary risk of transmission of the killer disease. I can't do that to my fellow human beings that I love. (Any human who does not love humanity does not love himself!) It's wrong. I minimize contact and proximity to other humans wherever possible, (I do this for THEM,) and I know lots of other people who are taking the same approach. That is what we should all be doing.

But others are not doing that. They don't want to (WHO DOES???) and they are listening to mixed messages, (coming primarily from you-know-who,) hearing what they want to hear, and they are going out, gathering, going to restaurants and bars, having parties, trying to have fun as normal, pretending there is no problem, BUT THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM.

I am not 'locked in a basement.' I have a great life. I do things with nature. I have great phone calls. I talk to people outside at a distance. Just not in large gatherings or for long periods of time. It's a different life, and I fondly look forward to the end of this terrible pandemic. Of course I want my old life back with parties and gatherings, concerts, etc. I just can't bring myself to ignore the science or take that risk.

If everyone did like me and my friends are doing we would be getting far better control of this. But they are not. So we are not. And on it goes. I realize we are in it for the long run. Partially because of this widespread irresponsibility... It's probably going to be at least another year of this.

The 1921 pandemic took several years.

I cannot ignore the science.

I cannot let my fellow Americans down by blowing this off.

We lost another 973 Americans yesterday.

74,301 people found out they have contracted this disease yesterday.

This is no BS. It's real.

14. #1886 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #1887 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Heard the other day that as of like sep 1 the economic damage of the lockdowns, which were NEVER justified.....was $37 Trillion.

CHEERS FUCKERS!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #1888 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thursday,

10-22

USA

Total Cases 8,661,651

New Cases +74,301

Total Deaths 228,381

New Deaths +973

Total Recovered 5,655,301

Active Cases 2,777,969

Serious, Critical 15,909

Tot Cases/1M pop 26,120

Deaths/1M pop 689

Total Tests 129,804,568

Tests/1M pop 391,442

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (10-23-2020)

18. #1889 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello moon,

That would be a death sentence.
    Make him an Izraeli shrapnel collector.

Maria Ressa.

19. #1890 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The virus is coming on like gangbusters. The fall wave is cranking up right now. We are not doing enough to stop it.

Over 80,000 new cases yesterday. Over 16,000 serious and critical cases. Over 900 Americans died. All in one day.

President Trump lied in the debate.

We are not turning the corner at all.

That is pure fantasy.

President Trump has failed to provide the leadership we need to combat this virus. The result is more people dying than ever needed to. His mixed messages have encouraged some to pretend there is nothing to worry about. They blow off all the advice for fighting the virus, don't wear masks, don't observe distancing. Death is the result. Maybe not their own, but if they don't see it in their own life that doesn't mean it didn't happen if they unknowingly passed the virus on. They do not know if they are carriers of the disease or not unless they have recently tested negative. Most people have not gotten a test. Even if they got tested, and time has passed since they were tested, then the results of that test become useless, as if they never tested at all.

America needs better leadership and we need it now more than ever.

It is a matter of life and death.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (10-24-2020)