1. #781 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Phantasmal,

Equal opportunity at spreading lies and disease ...
    COVIDiots

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-10-2020)

3. #782 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

US COVID-19 cases and deaths increase, dimming economic recovery
    More than 60,000 new coronavirus infections reported in US - the highest single-day tally of cases by any country.

More than 60,000 new COVID-19 infections were reported on Wednesday, the greatest single-day tally of cases by any country since the virus emerged late last year . US deaths rose by more than 900 for the second straight day.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...185713542.html
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

4. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Stretch (07-10-2020)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-10-2020)

6. #783 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    COVIDiots
    Mother Jones had a piece in a recent issue called 'Covidiocracy.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #784 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    More than 60,000 new coronavirus infections reported in US - the highest single-day tally of cases by any country.

More than 60,000 new COVID-19 infections were reported on Wednesday, the greatest single-day tally of cases by any country since the virus emerged late last year . US deaths rose by more than 900 for the second straight day.

Time to open up the schools!

This is really good:

Maria Ressa.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (07-10-2020), Phantasmal (07-10-2020)

9. #785 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Because the U.S. gives false numbers by combining the confirmed & probable numbers together. Other countries do not!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Sailor (07-10-2020)

11. #786 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How are cases reported?

We have three levels of case definition: suspected, probable and confirmed cases. What is measured and reported by governments and international organizations?

International organizations – namely the WHO and European CDC – report case figures submitted by national governments. Wherever possible they aim to report confirmed cases, for two key reasons:

1. They have a higher degree of certainty because they have laboratory confirmation;

2. They held to provide standardised comparisons between countries.

However, international bodies can only provide figures as submitted by national governments and reporting institutions. Countries can define slightly different criteria for how cases are defined and reported. Some countries have, over the course of the outbreak, changed their reporting methodologies to also include probable cases.

One example of this is the United States. Until 14th April the US CDC provided daily reports on the number of confirmed cases. However, as of 14th April, it now provides a single figure of cases: the sum of confirmed and probable.

Suspected case figures are usually not reported. The European CDC notes that suspected cases should not be reported at the European level (although countries may record this information for national records) but are used to understand who should be tested for the disease.
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cas...cases-reported

Even your heroes at the NYT provide the disclaimer now....................

In data for the United States, The Times is now including cases and deaths that have been identified by public health officials as probable coronavirus patients. Some states and counties only report figures in which a coronavirus infection was confirmed through testing. Because confirmed cases are widely considered to be an undercount of the true toll, some state and local governments have started identifying probable cases and deaths using criteria that were developed by states and the federal government.

Confirmed cases and deaths are counts of individuals whose coronavirus infections were confirmed by a laboratory test. Probable cases and deaths count individuals who did not have a confirmed test but were evaluated using criteria developed by national and local governments. Some governments are reporting only confirmed cases, while others are reporting both confirmed and probable numbers. And there is also another set of governments that are reporting the two types of numbers combined without providing a way to separate the confirmed from the probable. The Times is now using the total of confirmed and probable counts when they are available individually or combined. Otherwise only the confirmed count will be shown.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...es.html#states

So, if you don't like the ECDC who have stated the guidelines or
    the left-wing NYT for confirming that those data methodology guidelines are correct......just what data are do you follow? Twitter & FB????
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

12. #787 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Because the U.S. gives false numbers by combining the confirmed & probable numbers together. Other countries do not!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Which ones out the 900 reported deaths in one day are not dead ?

Maria Ressa.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-10-2020)

14. #788 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Which ones out the 900 reported deaths in one day are not dead...due to with or from WuFlu?
    You don't know because the U.S. lumps them all together into one big "scary" total.
    pain in abortion.

15. #789 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

"Hey, all you dead people: Any of you who are not really dead, please speak up so we can post accurate numbers!"

Hmmm.

I don't hear anybody.

I'm thinking the numbers are quite real.

And very tragic.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Stretch (07-10-2020)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (07-10-2020)

18. #790 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How are cases reported?

We have three levels of case definition: suspected, probable and confirmed cases. What is measured and reported by governments and international organizations?

International organizations – namely the WHO and European CDC – report case figures submitted by national governments. Wherever possible they aim to report confirmed cases, for two key reasons:

1. They have a higher degree of certainty because they have laboratory confirmation;

2. They held to provide standardised comparisons between countries.

However, international bodies can only provide figures as submitted by national governments and reporting institutions. Countries can define slightly different criteria for how cases are defined and reported.4 Some countries have, over the course of the outbreak, changed their reporting methodologies to also include probable cases.

One example of this is the United States. Until 14th April the US CDC provided daily reports on the number of confirmed cases. However, as of 14th April, it now provides a single figure of cases: the sum of confirmed and probable.

Suspected case figures are usually not reported. The European CDC notes that suspected cases should not be reported at the European level (although countries may record this information for national records) but are used to understand who should be tested for the disease.
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cas...cases-reported

Even your heroes at the NYT provide the disclaimer now....................

In data for the United States, The Times is now including cases and deaths that have been identified by public health officials as probable coronavirus patients. Some states and counties only report figures in which a coronavirus infection was confirmed through testing. Because confirmed cases are widely considered to be an undercount of the true toll, some state and local governments have started identifying probable cases and deaths using criteria that were developed by states and the federal government.

Confirmed cases and deaths are counts of individuals whose coronavirus infections were confirmed by a laboratory test. Probable cases and deaths count individuals who did not have a confirmed test but were evaluated using criteria developed by national and local governments. Some governments are reporting only confirmed cases, while others are reporting both confirmed and probable numbers. And there is also another set of governments that are reporting the two types of numbers combined without providing a way to separate the confirmed from the probable. The Times is now using the total of confirmed and probable counts when they are available individually or combined. Otherwise only the confirmed count will be shown.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...es.html#states

So, if you don't like the ECDC who have stated the guidelines or
    the left-wing NYT for confirming that those data methodology guidelines are correct......just what data are do you follow? Twitter & FB????
    pain in abortion.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Darth Omar (07-10-2020)

20. #791 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The USA has 25% of the world's virus deaths and it's just 4% of the world's population.

That's GROSS mismanagement.

Maria Ressa.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

tff (07-10-2020)

22. #792 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hey, stretch- are they counting the undead ?

Haw, haw.............................haw............... ...except it's not funny.

Maria Ressa.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-10-2020)

24. #793 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Hey, stretch- are they counting the undead ?

Haw, haw.............................haw............... ...except it's not funny.
    "Bring our yer dead! Bring out yer dead!"

" Hey, this one's not dead yet!"

"Yes, he is"

"No, I ain't"

Bop!

"Well 'e is now!"

"Bring out yer dead!"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-10-2020)

26. #794 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,631 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Which ones out the 900 reported deaths in one day are not dead...due to with or from WuFlu?
    You don't know because the U.S. lumps them all together into one big "scary" total.
    I don't know. How many? Should we take a poll in November? How many dead Americans will it take you to realize the US might have a little problem?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

27. #795 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I don't know. How many? Should we take a poll in November? How many dead Americans will it take you to realize the US might have a little problem?
    That's the whole problem. Our CDC does not differentiate between probable & confirmed. They such combine the two into one huge total which is wrong and misleading.
    See the problem now over here?
    pain in abortion.