Page 141 of 343 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #2101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,480 Times in 52,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Yesterday was a bad day for the United States of America

Over 2000 people died.

192K found out they have the disease.

We now have over 12 million known cases.

People are being advised not to travel or visit for Thanksgiving by the CDC.

22,000 people are in Serious or Critical condition.

Hospitals and medical workers are being overwhelmed.

We need more people to take this seriously.

Masks and distancing.

It is amazing the tools to fight this are so simple and people refuse to comply, even as so many are dying.
    24 hours x 60 minutes = 1440 minutes. Every time COVID deaths are 1440 or higher, then 1 American is dying for every minute of the day.

Unless Trump starts a war with Iran killing hundreds of thousands, if not millions, then his greatest legacy as President will be fucking up the COVID response.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...irus-pandemic/
    Trump’s legacy will be defined largely by his attempt to look away from the coronavirus pandemic
    By the time the ball drops over an empty Times Square on Dec. 31, 2020, will have been the deadliest year in the history of the United States. Part of that is a function of population growth; more people are going to die in a more populous country. But it’s primarily a function of the coronavirus pandemic, which has already taken at least 242,000 American lives. That’s one death for every 12 that occurred in the United States in 2018 overall, the most recent year for which data are available.

During the Civil War, 504 people were dying every day. On 224 of the past 257 days, the country’s seven-day average of coronavirus deaths has exceeded that mark. As of this writing, the current seven-day average of coronavirus deaths is more than twice that number. That’s because the country is in the midst of its third surge in new coronavirus cases.

Over the past week, one out of every 355 Americans has contracted the virus. The average number of new cases has increased 40 percent over that same period. Since the beginning of July there’s been a consistent relationship between new cases and deaths, with the daily death toll representing about 1.8 percent of the number of cases two weeks prior. That suggests that the number of deaths nationally will continue to surge in parallel with the number of new cases.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ead-nr-vpx.cnn
    No recent presidency with legacy as dark as Trump's
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2020)

3. #2102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    24 hours x 60 minutes = 1440 minutes. Every time COVID deaths are 1440 or higher, then 1 American is dying for every minute of the day.

Unless Trump starts a war with Iran killing hundreds of thousands, if not millions, then his greatest legacy as President will be fucking up the COVID response.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...irus-pandemic/
    Trump’s legacy will be defined largely by his attempt to look away from the coronavirus pandemic
    By the time the ball drops over an empty Times Square on Dec. 31, 2020, will have been the deadliest year in the history of the United States. Part of that is a function of population growth; more people are going to die in a more populous country. But it’s primarily a function of the coronavirus pandemic, which has already taken at least 242,000 American lives. That’s one death for every 12 that occurred in the United States in 2018 overall, the most recent year for which data are available.

During the Civil War, 504 people were dying every day. On 224 of the past 257 days, the country’s seven-day average of coronavirus deaths has exceeded that mark. As of this writing, the current seven-day average of coronavirus deaths is more than twice that number. That’s because the country is in the midst of its third surge in new coronavirus cases.

Over the past week, one out of every 355 Americans has contracted the virus. The average number of new cases has increased 40 percent over that same period. Since the beginning of July there’s been a consistent relationship between new cases and deaths, with the daily death toll representing about 1.8 percent of the number of cases two weeks prior. That suggests that the number of deaths nationally will continue to surge in parallel with the number of new cases.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ead-nr-vpx.cnn
    No recent presidency with legacy as dark as Trump's
    His handling of the coronavirus has exemplified his failures of leadership. He has none, really. Everything is handled as a PR issue. He simply failed to lead, failed to use the awesome power of the presidency to address a big pressing problem. Instead, he tried to convince people it wasn't a problem.

More Americans have died of COVID-19 than died in the first two years of WWII.

And that number died in half the time.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-20-2020)

5. #2103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,480 Times in 52,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

His handling of the coronavirus has exemplified his failures of leadership. He has none, really. Everything is handled as a PR issue. He simply failed to lead, failed to use the awesome power of the presidency to address a big pressing problem. Instead, he tried to convince people it wasn't a problem.

More Americans have died of COVID-19 than died in the first two years of WWII.

And that number died in half the time.
    Agreed on failure to lead. Trump isn't a leader; he's a negotiator. As General Kelly stated, Trump is transactional. He makes deals ("the Art of the Deal") and doesn't lead.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #2104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed on failure to lead. Trump isn't a leader; he's a negotiator. As General Kelly stated, Trump is transactional. He makes deals ("the Art of the Deal") and doesn't lead.
    That book should have been called the art of the swindle. That's what he does.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-20-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2020)

8. #2105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I wish President Trump did not lie to us.

I wish I could say we are really turning the corner.

But the reality is that is just not true.

This is a very dangerous time for America.

The virus is still out of control.

200,000 New Cases yesterday.

That's a new record.

2000 deaths.

Nearly 23,000 people in Serious or Critical Condition.

Please be safe.

You don't want to think that because of your carelessness that someone died.

That would be a terrible heavy to have on your conscience.

Be careful during the Thanksgiving holiday.

9. #2106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friday

11-20

USA

Total Cases 12,277,827

New Cases +204,179

Total Deaths 260,331

New Deaths +1,999

Total Recovered 7,317,060

Active Cases 4,700,436

Serious, Critical 22,789

Tot Cases/1M pop 37,008

Deaths/1M pop 785

Total Tests 177,156,841

Tests/1M pop 533,992

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-22-2020)

11. #2107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

We have new restrictions now in our state; bars and restaurants are temporarily closed to indoor dining for the next three weeks. You should SEE the covidiots going nuts on social media about it. Ostensibly they're terribly concerned about the poor, poor businesses and how will they survive. Yet when I and others pointed out that we can still support them by getting take-out or delivery, we're dumb sheeple who should stay home and hide in our closets because reasons. In other words, they don't give a shit about the businesses or their employees. They are just selfish dicks who think they have some constitutional right to hang out in bars and restaurants while the hospital fills up with the sick. Our bed occupancy as of yesterday was 80% with 10 patients in the ICU (out of 24 available ICU beds).
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

moon (11-22-2020)

13. #2108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    We have new restrictions now in our state; bars and restaurants are temporarily closed to indoor dining for the next three weeks. You should SEE the covidiots going nuts on social media about it. Ostensibly they're terribly concerned about the poor, poor businesses and how will they survive. Yet when I and others pointed out that we can still support them by getting take-out or delivery, we're dumb sheeple who should stay home and hide in our closets because reasons. In other words, they don't give a shit about the businesses or their employees. They are just selfish dicks who think they have some constitutional right to hang out in bars and restaurants while the hospital fills up with the sick. Our bed occupancy as of yesterday was 80% with 10 patients in the ICU (out of 24 available ICU beds).
    The masses essentially go from the restaurants and bars to the hospitals.

That's the big picture.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2020)

15. #2109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Saturday

11-21

USA

Total Cases 12,450,666

New Cases +172,839

Total Deaths 261,790

New Deaths +1,460

Total Recovered 7,403,847

Active Cases 4,785,029

Serious, Critical 22,927

Tot Cases/1M pop 37,529

Deaths/1M pop 789

Total Tests 179,039,707

Tests/1M pop 539,659

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-22-2020)

17. #2110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's 262 thousand Americans dead and five million active cases. Trump has made America First in death and disease. That's his legacy.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

18. #2111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Approaching FIVE Million Active Cases in the USA...

19. #2112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Would be nice but...

No peak yet.

20. #2113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Would be nice but...

No peak yet.
    Europe is the same story.

So much for the story that it is all Trumps fault.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

TOP (11-23-2020)

22. #2114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sunday

11-22

USA

Total Cases 12,589,088

New Cases +137,010

Total Deaths 262,701

New Deaths +871

Total Recovered 7,452,616

Active Cases 4,873,771

Serious, Critical 23,113

Tot Cases/1M pop 37,945

Deaths/1M pop 792

Total Tests 180,673,023

Tests/1M pop 544,573

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-23-2020)

24. #2115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

12% of hospital beds have COVID in them!

FREAK OUT TIME!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!