Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're doing good work, PoliTalker.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-02-2020)

3. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    You're doing good work, PoliTalker.
    Thanks. One of the things I like about data and math is that the numbers do not lie or spin. They are what they are.

Our political world is so full of lies, diversions and spin it is often hard to know the truth. That graph, these numbers, cannot be spun into something they are not.

Obviously, there is no one day when we can say we finally reached the peak on that same day. We won't really know that until days later, possibly a week after the fact. It will be SO encouraging to see us finally reach that peak, and to see the Active Cases begin to drop. We might be there right now. If so, we will know it next week.

I only hope that we don't screw it up by pretending that reaching a peak means it's all over, and by dropping our guard too soon.

Sadly, it looks like that may be exactly where we are headed. I am seeing fewer and fewer people wearing masks or keeping distance out in stores and in public.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (06-02-2020)

5. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Proof.

The virus from Wuhan was not contained by China and allowed to spread to every country. They lied about its origin, the number of fatalities and refused the help of US health professionals. They nailed shut the homes of those who had the China virus.

Wake up and stop being a CCP “useful idiot.”

proof doesnt matter to you, you have a need to be stupid

6. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,622 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

One would think so.

We shall see.
    I'm guessing the 4th of July will be especially memorable this year.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'm guessing the 4th of July will be especially memorable this year.
    I bet you're right. I predict we are screwed no matter if we reach the peak prior to then or not.

If we don't reach the peak, of course we are screwed simply by remaining in the grips of the deadly disease that has already taken over 100K Americans.

If we DO reach a peak before than, and it may be happening right now, then airhead people are going to think the danger has passed and party like there is no problem.

The 4th of July is a huge holiday for America, a time when people traditionally gather in great groups to watch fireworks, wave flags, and pretend that's what patriotism is all about. People are tired of being cooped up and avoiding crowds. That was easier in cold weather, but winter is gone and spring has sprung. People have gone stir-crazy and they want to get out and have some entertainment. There have been no big sports events, no concerts, no crowded bars in which to blow off steam. (exceptions noted)

People are itching to get out and enjoy life the way it used to be.

If we pass the peak, they are gonna think the danger has passed.

We are screwed either way.

Either they have already blown off fighting the war with the bug, and we see our second wave before the 4th of July, or if things begin to improve they are going to use that as justification to drop their personal fight.

The bug wins either way.

If only we had really good leadership...

SMH
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    proof doesnt matter to you, you have a need to be stupid
    Please be kind to the mentally ill. Earl was once a veteran who, AKAIK, never committed any crimes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

katzgar (06-02-2020)

10. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

So we all sacrifice for 3 months, jobs, being able to go out, our children missing proms and graduations, and Democrats allow 10's of thousands of people to gather enmasse in the streets during a pandemic in the name of some warped sense of political correctness because somebodies want to vent their pent up anger toward police

Voting Americans are watching
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

11. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I bet you're right. I predict we are screwed no matter if we reach the peak prior to then or not.

If we don't reach the peak, of course we are screwed simply by remaining in the grips of the deadly disease that has already taken over 100K Americans.

If we DO reach a peak before than, and it may be happening right now, then airhead people are going to think the danger has passed and party like there is no problem.

The 4th of July is a huge holiday for America, a time when people traditionally gather in great groups to watch fireworks, wave flags, and pretend that's what patriotism is all about. People are tired of being cooped up and avoiding crowds. That was easier in cold weather, but winter is gone and spring has sprung. People have gone stir-crazy and they want to get out and have some entertainment. There have been no big sports events, no concerts, no crowded bars in which to blow off steam. (exceptions noted)

People are itching to get out and enjoy life the way it used to be.

If we pass the peak, they are gonna think the danger has passed.

We are screwed either way.

Either they have already blown off fighting the war with the bug, and we see our second wave before the 4th of July, or if things begin to improve they are going to use that as justification to drop their personal fight.

The bug wins either way.

If only we had really good leadership...

SMH
    Only 3% will be screwed. About 20% will have a bad time. 80% of us will be fine. I want to get tested for antibodies since there is a small chance I've ready been infected and over it. It'd be nice to know for sure.

Even so, the 4th of July will be minus a few Grandmas and Grandpas. Maybe the family can go plant a flag on their graves instead.

12. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Democrat Governors just set us back 3 months
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

13. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Democrat Governors just set us back 3 months
    How so?

BTW, great picture of the flaming bisexual liberal Storm Large. Are you also a flaming bisexual liberal?

14. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only 3% will be screwed. About 20% will have a bad time. 80% of us will be fine. I want to get tested for antibodies since there is a small chance I've ready been infected and over it. It'd be nice to know for sure.

Even so, the 4th of July will be minus a few Grandmas and Grandpas. Maybe the family can go plant a flag on their graves instead.

check your math

15. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

This reality stuff sucks sometimes.

I could have already had it myself, don't know. Would like to know, but I see not point in taking any of the current antibody tests because they are so inaccurate, what's the point? You'd still be guessing. I wish we had one that worked well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-02-2020)

17. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The troubling thing about the latest data is 22K New Cases just yesterday.

And we also don't like the 16.9K in serious / critical condition.

18. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

The troubling thing about the latest data is 22K New Cases just yesterday.

And we also don't like the 16.9K in serious / critical condition.
    It's a bummer, but we'll likely see some huge spikes from everything that's happening right now...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-02-2020)

20. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    It's a bummer, but we'll likely see some huge spikes from everything that's happening right now...
    I hope not but it seems inescapable.

If that happens, we'll be able to see it in the data.