Page 129 of 343 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #1921 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    If people are going to restaurants and violating CDC guidelines for distancing, then they are contributing to the spread of the virus.

Florida had over two thousand three hundred new cases yesterday. Florida is averaging 35 deaths per day. That is likely to increase as snow birds travel from colder climates to winter in Florida, bringing the virus with them.

You can't out-spin a virus. It doesn't care what you say. It thrives where people ignore precautions and allow close proximity. The virus is airborne. It travels through the air from one human to another. The best way we can fight this war is to keep distance between humans. Going to restaurants is not wise, and risks transmission of the disease and potential deaths being caused.

We are in a war, not of our choosing, but a war just the same.

This is a different war.

It is the humans against the bug.

The major weapon humans have to fight the bug is to stay apart. When humans spend time in close proximity, especially indoors, the bug can jump from one human to another. Humans need to stay apart.

Humans who observe the guidelines are fighting the war, fighting for humanity.

Humans who ignore the guidelines are actually helping the enemy.

Everyone needs to ask themselves which side they are on.

Are you with humanity? Or against it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #1922 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump bungled pandemic response, 200K died, the economy cratered, and so he is gone.

What else is there to know?

3. #1923 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Trump bungled pandemic response, 200K died, the economy cratered, and so he is gone.

What else is there to know?
    Well, there is this little chore of actually winning the election.

Minor detail...

The 'I got the puppy' phone call? Very nice. But we ain't go no puppy until you bring that puppy HOME.

You hear what I'm saying?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #1924 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

70,000 new cases yesterday is a really bad indicator.

Mondays are usually a low figure for the week.

We could be seeing 100,000 new cases per day by election day.

Trump is spewing deadly lies.

We have to vote him out.

5. #1925 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The numbers of hospitalizations and Serious and Critical Cases are all shooting up.

6. #1926 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"COVID COVID COVID."

The president thinks the news should not be covering something that is killing hundreds of Americans per day, and thousands of people on Earth per day.

Russia claims to have a vaccine, but numbers have spiked so badly they have instituted a national mask mandate.

Numbers are spiking in Europe as colder weather forces people inside.

Some American cities have begun to have curfews.

Others have had to set up temporary overflow hospitals.

States are looking at imposing crisis-care healthcare rules where decisions are made based on who lives and who dies.

We can set up additional ICU capacity, but we cannot rapidly expand the number of healthcare professionals available to treat the victims of COVID. We only have so many Doctors, Nurses and other trained health care professionals in this country.

Schools are reducing the number of students they can graduate because under the pressures of the pandemic health care providers are reluctant to take on students for their required clinicals needed prior to graduation.

Some people believe we have already reached herd immunity, that the media is lying, etc, but that is not the case. Most people still do not have COVID. It is going to get A LOT WORSE before herd immunity is reached.

Previous World Pandemics have taken YEARS to finally burn themselves out.

7. #1927 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Monday

10-26

USA

Total Cases 8,962,783

New Cases +69,841

Total Deaths 231,045

New Deaths +529

Total Recovered 5,833,824

Active Cases 2,897,914

Serious, Critical 16,611

Tot Cases/1M pop 27,027

Deaths/1M pop 697

Total Tests 134,476,092

Tests/1M pop 405,504

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (10-27-2020)

9. #1928 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A thousand dead Americans yesterday.

75K new cases.

10. #1929 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Milestones:

We just hit 700 Deaths per million. 700 out of every million Americans have died from COVID.

We just hit 9 million Total Cases.

We are about to flip 3 million Active Cases (a new high figure, thanks to surge #3.)

11. #1930 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tuesday

10-27

USA

Total Cases 9,038,293

New Cases +75,099

Total Deaths 232,083

New Deaths +1,038

Total Recovered 5,877,971

Active Cases 2,928,239

Serious, Critical 16,761

Tot Cases/1M pop 27,254

Deaths/1M pop 700

Total Tests 135,425,346

Tests/1M pop 408,360

12. #1931 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No peak yet in Active Cases.

13. #1932 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

81K New Cases yesterday.

Over 1000 Active Cases concluded in death yesterday.

A thousand Americans took their final breath yesterday. Their lives are done.

But the virus is spreading so rapidly now that the number of Active Cases continues to rise.

These are terrible numbers.

14. #1933 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wednesday

10-28

USA

Total Cases 9,120,751

New Cases +81,581

Total Deaths 233,130

New Deaths +1,030

Total Recovered 5,933,212

Active Cases 2,954,409

Serious, Critical 16,866

Tot Cases/1M pop 27,502

Deaths/1M pop 703

Total Tests 140,194,814

Tests/1M pop 422,735

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (10-29-2020)

16. #1934 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

WATCH: Paris roads choked by record-setting, pre-lockdown traffic jams as citizens flee capital en masse

Notorious for its extraordinary traffic congestion, Paris outdid itself on Thursday evening, with a record-breaking 700km traffic jam as residents fled the capital ahead of the second coronavirus lockdown.
    Many Parisians apparently opted to spend the impending lockdown in the countryside, in scenes reminiscent of the first lockdown earlier this year, before which residents fled the major population centers. Eyewitness footage from the French capital captured the chaos.

https://www.rt.com/news/505006-paris...irus-lockdown/
    Just like the movies.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-30-2020)

18. #1935 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The numbers are spiking.

We will soon be seeing 100,000 New Cases per day. It will probably happen today.

91,530 New Cases yesterday.

Serious and Critical Cases are close to 17,000. That's 3,000 more than the low point in late summer.

We will probably flip to 3 Million Active Cases today.

These numbers should be a wake-up call, but because of terrible leadership they will fall on deaf ears.

Donald J Trump is just spewing empty words with that 'rounding the corner' nonsense. Looks instead like we took a wrong turn and we're getting into big trouble.

What a slick talking conman.

Anti-maskers are being very foolish.

People are not respecting distancing guidelines, either.

It's like they are asking for it.

And the virus is saying here ya go, have this.

Totally foolish.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (10-30-2020)