Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #1081 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Deaths yesterday were held to under 600.

At this point that's probably a good thing.

Here is a very good thing:

Active Cases dropped yesterday!

Are we finally peaking???
    Farr’s Law lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #1082 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

If yesterday was really a significant peak (at last) then we should see the number of Active Cases begin to drop and continue dropping day after day.

We know it's got to happen sooner or later.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #1083 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Deaths yesterday were held to under 600.

At this point that's probably a good thing.

Here is a very good thing:

Active Cases dropped yesterday!

Are we finally peaking???
    Unlikely, unfortunately. That's probably either a testing or reporting anomaly. But if it continues for a week, then we can start feeling hopeful.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #1084 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Farr’s Law lol.
    I don't see this as a laughing matter at all.

People are dying needlessly because of indifference and stupidity.

If only we had better leadership...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (08-04-2020)

6. #1085 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Unlikely, unfortunately. That's probably either a testing or reporting anomaly. But if it continues for a week, then we can start feeling hopeful.
    We've seen this before. If a State has been sitting on statistics, or changes the way they count things, then all of a sudden there is a disruption of the curve. That could very well be the case.

Or maybe people are really starting to get it.

After all, DT finally started wearing mask.

And the more people who die, the more people who know someone who died.

When it starts to hit closer to home people start to take things seriously.

A lot of people blew off the guidelines and had July 4th parties. If they realize they messed up, or knew somebody who did, they may be getting remorseful and finally taking things seriously.

7. #1086 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

I don't see this as a laughing matter at all.

People are dying needlessly because of indifference and stupidity.

If only we had better leadership...
    It’s always been a question of ‘how many’, exactly.

Maybe at some point there will be an audit of some of the records. Or not.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #1087 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Daft Omar61;3817335]It’s always been a question of ‘how many’, exactly.
    Haw, haw......................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

9. #1088 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

It’s always been a question of ‘how many’, exactly.

Maybe at some point there will be an audit of some of the records. Or not.
    Do you think it's more than 61?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-04-2020)

11. #1089 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Do you think it's more than 61?
    61 lol.

Do you recall that I pointed out that a third of the 61 deaths came from a single nursing facility in Washington State? This was in March.

What percentage of COVID deaths involve nursing home residents in August? How much lower would our totals be had Democrat governors properly ‘interpreted the March data’ and protected their nursing facilities accordingly?

12. #1090 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

61 lol.

Do you recall that I pointed out that a third of the 61 deaths came from a single nursing facility in Washington State? This was in March.

What percentage of COVID deaths involve nursing home residents in August? How much lower would our totals be had Democrat governors properly ‘interpreted the March data’ and protected their nursing facilities accordingly?
    Ya know what that sounds like?

It sounds like an attempt to just flat deny there is a crisis.

Looking for any way to challenge the validity of even a small portion of deaths.

People who act like that change their views when someone close to them dies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (08-04-2020)

14. #1091 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

61 lol.

I'm guessing there's a few weasels in your family tree. LOL

What I recall is you posting these and hundreds of posts in a similar vein: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-explode-to-61
    WV has 5 deaths and we peak on Easter.

It’s not going to keep until November lol. Just sayin.
    It surpassed that and now the 60,000 deaths are being celebrated because it may finally mean the end of Trump.

How’d OH turn out with their 100,000 COVID cases?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    If flu deaths were counted like COVID-19 deaths, the worst recent flu season evidently killed 15,620 Americans
    The Week
    Peter Weber
    ,The Week•May 1, 2020

The U.S. now has more than 63,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths, and most experts say that's almost certainly an undercount. Still, if you compare that number to the 2017-18 flu season, which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates killed 61,000 people, it looks like COVID-19 might be similar to a bad flu — President Trump has made this point, as have many conservative media personalities. But the data so far show that this new coronavirus is much more lethal than the flu, and Dr. Jeremy Samuel Faust has an explanation.

Faust, a Harvard Medical School instructor and emergency physician at Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, wrote in Scientific American that he started wondering about the flu-to-COVID comparisons when it occurred to him that in nearly eight years of hospital work, "I had almost never seen anyone die of the flu." Neither had any of the colleagues he called around the country. So he did some research, and this is what he found:

The 25,000 to 69,000 numbers that Trump cited do not represent counted flu deaths per year; they are estimates that the CDC produces by multiplying the number of flu death counts reported by various coefficients produced through complicated algorithms. These coefficients are based on assumptions of how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths they believe went unreported. In the last six flu seasons, the CDC's reported number of actual confirmed flu deaths — that is, counting flu deaths the way we are currently counting deaths from the coronavirus — has ranged from 3,448 to 15,620. [Jeremy Faust, Scientific American]

So in an apples-to-apples comparison, matching the second week of April's COVID-19 deaths to the worst week of the past seven flu seasons, "the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu," Faust writes. Read his entire essay at Scientific American.
    I read that and get the impression I’m being baffled with bullshit lol.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #1092 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Uncle Carp is getting an early start lol.

16. #1093 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Uncle Carp is getting an early start lol.
    Why try to downplay the crisis?

That is not helpful.

People need to take this seriously.

We need everyone on board.

Our best chance to deal with the pandemic comes from all of us working together.

We are all on the same side in this one.

The coronavirus doesn't care about politics.

No good can come from trying to make it political.

17. #1094 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

Why try to downplay the crisis?

That is not helpful.

People need to take this seriously.

We need everyone on board.

Our best chance to deal with the pandemic comes from all of us working together.

We are all on the same side in this one.

The coronavirus doesn't care about politics.

No good can come from trying to make it political.
    I’ll let that irony stand on its own merits lol.

At the end of the day the virus is a natural phenomenon that can only be mitigated by degrees. Like all other natural phenomena, it will run its course.

See: Farr’s Law.

18. #1095 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I’ll let that irony stand on its own merits lol.

At the end of the day the virus is a natural phenomenon that can only be mitigated by degrees. Like all other natural phenomena, it will run its course.

See: Farr’s Law.
    Humans are a factor. When humans act in a coordinated way, they can affect the outcome.

I notice you never comment on Taiwan. A perfect example of humans acting in a coordinated way to affect the outcome.