Page 143 of 343 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #2131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Our prez has talked about this being the worst week of the pandemic for the USA.

We know better than to just believe everything he says, so let's try to find some real answers.

Here is a site with up to date statistics:

Worldometer

We can scroll down and see the US statistics for ACTIVE CASES and NEW DEATHS.

These are the figures which will tell us when we have reached 2 important peaks in the pandemic.

When people test positive, that data is added to the ACTIVE CASES.

When people either die or recover, they are removed from the ACTIVE CASES.

NEW DEATHS is the deaths per day for that day.

We will first see a peak in the ACTIVE CASES, followed by the peak in the NEW DEATHS.

That means we can watch these numbers change and know when we have reached those peaks.

Currently, the figures are:

ACTIVE CASES 420,611.

NEW DEATHS 1,656.

Let's try to post the daily numbers so we can watch the trends and we will know when the peaks have been reached for the entire USA.
    We're not going to peak until 2021. Trump and his supporters are determined to infect as many people as possible until the vaccine begins to be distributed. Then we'll still have a couple more months of spikes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-26-2020)

3. #2132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Since, like Tom, you didn't vote at all, there's nothing you can do about it except sit and spin.

You think I'd subscribe to the corporate sleaze-fest that you actually believe to be democracy, dumbass ?

You're dummer than you think

Haw, haw........................................haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

4. #2133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    You think I'd subscribe to the corporate sleaze-fest that you actually believe to be democracy, dumbass ?

You're dummer than you think

Haw, haw........................................haw.
    It may be a bit fractured, but it is a democracy and we are still here with it after hundreds of years.

And it just worked.

Look who we got rid of.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #2134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

13 million cases
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #2135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

It may be a bit fractured, but it is a democracy and we are still here with it after hundreds of years.

And it just worked.

Look who we got rid of.
    I wish I could agree- but you've elected another multi-millionaire god-nut with a Zionist foreign policy . Pity. You could have had Sanders- but he wouldn't cow-tow to AIPAC. He was actually worth voting for.

Trump didn't have time to attack Iran.

Maria Ressa.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (11-27-2020)

8. #2136 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

I wish I could agree- but you've elected another multi-millionaire god-nut with a Zionist foreign policy . Pity. You could have had Sanders- but he wouldn't cow-tow to AIPAC. He was actually worth voting for.

Trump didn't have time to attack Iran.
    I would have preferred Sanders. He was my first choice.

I had to give up on Sanders because his campaign was unable to convince enough voters to support him. If he had just barely won he would have been powerless with two parties against him. He would have been a guaranteed one-term president, essentially a lame duck for his entire presidency.

The only way we could have gone with Sanders would have been if America had an awakening and he had a landslide win and big majority following. That would have been the best thing for America, I believe. Maybe we can still build that. We have to try.

But we have to face current reality. We are a divided nation. We have half the country does not even believe the news. They prefer to believe in made-up baloney, and we can't tell them any different. We have to deal with that before we can have anybody like Sanders.

Corporate America likes to keep us divided so they can conquer us financially, keep people poor and in debt, unable to save.

The corporate oligarchs like being in the power position. They are afraid of general prosperity, afraid if people become more comfortable and aware, that they will vote for things that make it tougher for the super-rich to dominate and corrupt government.

I can't even get many people interested in the badly needed American Anti-Corruption Act.

9. #2137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanksgiving Thursday

11-26

USA

Total Cases 13,248,922

New Cases +108,289

Total Deaths 269,560

New Deaths +1,311

Total Recovered 7,846,890

Active Cases 5,132,472

Serious, Critical 24,396

Tot Cases/1M pop 39,932

Deaths/1M pop 812

Total Tests 187,143,721

Tests/1M pop 564,041

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-27-2020)

11. #2138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

I would have preferred Sanders. He was my first choice.

I had to give up on Sanders because his campaign was unable to convince enough voters to support him. If he had just barely won he would have been powerless with two parties against him. He would have been a guaranteed one-term president, essentially a lame duck for his entire presidency.

The only way we could have gone with Sanders would have been if America had an awakening and he had a landslide win and big majority following. That would have been the best thing for America, I believe. Maybe we can still build that. We have to try.

But we have to face current reality. We are a divided nation. We have half the country does not even believe the news. They prefer to believe in made-up baloney, and we can't tell them any different. We have to deal with that before we can have anybody like Sanders.

Corporate America likes to keep us divided so they can conquer us financially, keep people poor and in debt, unable to save.

The corporate oligarchs like being in the power position. They are afraid of general prosperity, afraid if people become more comfortable and aware, that they will vote for things that make it tougher for the super-rich to dominate and corrupt government.

I can't even get many people interested in the badly needed American Anti-Corruption Act.
    Yes, I can see your viewpoint and it's valid. However, I'm one of those people that puts morality before power. My vote would have gone to Sanders as a vote for a moral America- even if I'd have accepted that he couldn't win for the reasons you've stated. Maybe there would have been a surging emergence of hitherto non-voting Americans if a moral figurehead had been offered. We'll never know. You got the establishment choice- better than Trump, of course. We'll see where Harris can steer it.

Maria Ressa.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-29-2020)

13. #2139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Yes, I can see your viewpoint and it's valid. However, I'm one of those people that puts morality before power. My vote would have gone to Sanders as a vote for a moral America- even if I'd have accepted that he couldn't win for the reasons you've stated. Maybe there would have been a surging emergence of hitherto non-voting Americans if a moral figurehead had been offered. We'll never know. You got the establishment choice- better than Trump, of course. We'll see where Harris can steer it.
    We wish to leap but are forced to take baby steps because of all the dead weight we are burdened with.

14. #2140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friday

11-27

USA

Total Cases 13,454,346

New Cases +164,103

Total Deaths 271,029

New Deaths +1,367

Total Recovered 7,945,585

Active Cases 5,237,732

Serious, Critical 24,464

Tot Cases/1M pop 40,550

Deaths/1M pop 817

Total Tests 189,289,734

Tests/1M pop 570,500

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-29-2020)

16. #2141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fauci said we are likely to see a surge on top of a surge.

If 165,000 new cases a day is the 'calm before the storm' it's going to be a helluva storm.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-29-2020)

18. #2142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Saturday

11-28

USA

Total Cases 13,610,357

New Cases +143,373

Total Deaths 272,254

New Deaths +1,216

Total Recovered 8,041,239

Active Cases 5,296,864

Serious, Critical 24,647

Tot Cases/1M pop 41,020

Deaths/1M pop 821

Total Tests 191,033,224

Tests/1M pop 575,745

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-29-2020), Phantasmal (11-29-2020)

20. #2143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (11-29-2020), Phantasmal (11-29-2020)

22. #2144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are currently over 5 million Active Cases of COVID-19 in the USA.

23. #2145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5 million cases, 331 million people.

5/331 = .015.

.015 x 100% = 1.5%

Only 1.5% of America has this disease. We are nowhere near herd immunity, and already the hospitals are starting to reach capacity.

That's the problem.

That's why everybody needs to take this seriously and do everything possible to reduce the possibility of transmission.

Distancing is the number one best tool.

And when that is not possible, masks.