Page 56 of 343 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #826 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Death rates continue to decline despite aggressive testing.
    https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d....&country=~USA
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. #827 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

How are cases reported?

We have three levels of case definition: suspected, probable and confirmed cases. What is measured
    and reported by governments and international organizations?

International organizations – namely the WHO and European CDC – report case figures submitted by
    national governments. Wherever possible they aim to report confirmed cases, for two key reasons:

1. They have a higher degree of certainty because they have laboratory confirmation;

2. They held to provide standardised comparisons between countries.

However, international bodies can only provide figures as submitted by national governments and
    reporting institutions. Countries can define slightly different criteria for how cases are
    defined and reported.4 Some countries have, over the course of the outbreak, changed their
    reporting methodologies to also include probable cases.

One example of this is the United States. Until 14th April the US CDC provided daily reports on
    the number of confirmed cases.
    However, as of 14th April, it now provides a single figure of cases: the sum of confirmed and probable.

Suspected case figures are usually not reported. The European CDC notes that suspected cases should
    not be reported at the European level (although countries may record this information for national records)
    but are used to understand who should be tested for the disease.
    https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cas...cases-reported

ECDC reported correct numbers for cases and deaths.
    The U.S. CDC has inflated ours by COMBINING probable & confirmed reports.
    You've been lied to. We all have. Get woke.

And, death rates continue to decrease.
    https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d....&country=~USA
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. #828 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Why don't you see RW hatred as also simply being immaturity?

I completely disagree with making excuses for one's own behavior. "I did XXX because he's an asshole!" Bullshit. People are responsible for themselves. Too bad our culture doesn't emphasize that people who can't live honorably have a duty to their family to remove themselves from the gene pool.

Human beings are 99.9% identical, regardless of beliefs, culture, skin tone or any other superficial difference. Their behavior and abilities fall within a specific range. Therefore, to a certain extent, they are predictable. There are no magical or God-given differences between Left and Right, Democrat or Republican. It's a choice, albeit based on the knowledge of certain variables, the choices of others are predictable.

Note the variables in this link such as age, gender and education:
    https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...dentification/

This link notes the variable of income levels by political affiliation/leaning: https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...00000-or-more/

Does higher education make a person more liberal on average? Short fucking answer: No, it does not.

Any college graduate who says his education made him a liberal should have his degree taken away and then beat him with it. Blaming others for one's own actions is immature and wrong.

Pastor Charles R. Swindoll once wrote "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it." Goddamn right!
    "Why don't you see RW hatred as also simply being immaturity?" - I totally do. Sorry my post didn't convey that.

It's an immature reaction to an immature reaction. And that is the essential definition of a feud.

And we both know that, being so similar, with our only difference being we are on different sides of the midpoint but not that far from it.

We both know that the extremists on both sides are unreasonable and have no workable vision of how the nation could function if they got everything they wished for. Because it couldn't. Our nation needs conservatives just as much as it needs liberals. The public sentiment works in much the same way as our branches of government - functioning as checks and balances against one another.

And we both fully know, I am sure, that even if the political pendulum swings to the left in the November election, it's not staying there. The left will become too full of themselves at some point, piss off the middle, and things will go back to the right. The only unknown is how long it will take for that to occur.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #829 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14 States have ICU bed capacity utilized at 70% or greater:

CDC
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #830 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We have not reached the peak of Active Cases yet.

An estimate based on extrapolation of the current rise in Active Cases indicates we will reach 2 million Active Cases by July 25th.

Here is a graph of the rise in Active Cases:

Screenshot_2020-07-13 United States Coronavirus 3,479,483 Cases and 138,247 Deaths - Worldometer.jpg

(click to enlarge image)

Source

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-14-2020)

7. #831 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sooooooo....I was watching DirecTv Newsmix about 1500C today. CNN was going on and on about COVID-19 deaths and how severals schools will not be opening. Fox was raging about everything but the pandemic. Fox ignored the pandemic completely.

Where's the Goldilocks news channel? The one where it reports the news of the day and moves on?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #832 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Sooooooo....I was watching DirecTv Newsmix about 1500C today. CNN was going on and on about COVID-19 deaths and how severals schools will not be opening. Fox was raging about everything but the pandemic. Fox ignored the pandemic completely.

Where's the Goldilocks news channel? The one where it reports the news of the day and moves on?
    I like PBS Newshour and BBC America.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-14-2020)

10. #833 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Monday

7-13

USA

Total Cases 3,479,483

New Cases +65,488

Total Deaths 138,247

New Deaths +465

Total Recovered 1,549,469

Active Cases 1,791,767

Serious, Critical 15,934

Tot Cases/1M pop 10,510

Deaths/1M pop 418

Total Tests 43,252,833

Tests/1M pop 130,645

11. #834 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The number of New Cases is not solely a function of more testing.

The percentage of positive test results is rising.

Hospitals are filling up.

Don't fool yourself.

This must be taken seriously.

DT began wearing a mask.

If you are a true fan, then you must stay current with what he says when he contradicts himself. The latest thing always replaces the previous, in the case of differing positions.

His position is now that wearing a mask is appropriate.

No longer can it be said that: 'The president doesn't wear a mask so I shouldn't have to either.'

That's gone.

138,247 Americans are now gone, too.

Please get with the times and do your part to fight the virus.

We are all depending on one another to fight the virus.

The more people who take this seriously, the better our national response will be.

All we have to do is buy some time. We will get our regular lives back. We just need to buy time until there is a vaccine. Hopefully that begins to happen around the end of the year. We are already half way through this year. Just hang in there, take it serious, and do your part. We will get through this. This never should have been political! It is a fight between all humans and a bug. We are all on the same side. Don't help the virus. Be on the human side of this war. It is surely a war, and not one of our choosing, but one we must fight. Get with the program and fight it with us. Do like the president. Start wearing a mask. Keep distance from other humans. Reduce contacts with other humans.

If we all act in a coordinated way, we can have a much better experience.

Taiwan has done a fantastic job. Taiwan, with the same population as Florida, has 7 deaths total. Florida has 4,277 deaths and rising by 71 per day. Florida is our new epicenter. Taiwan took it seriously. Florida has blown it off. The statistics show which is the better approach. Forget politics. Fight the war. Do your part.

12. #835 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How bad are the latest numbers?

Almost another thousand dead Americans...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-15-2020)

14. #836 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    How bad are the latest numbers?

Almost another thousand dead Americans...
    Not as bad as they'll be on election day. Too bad Trump fucked this up from the beginning; he'd not only probably won reelection but saved himself a Billion bucks.

15. #837 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tuesday

7-14

USA

Total Cases 3,545,077

New Cases +65,594

Total Deaths 139,143

New Deaths +935

Total Recovered 1,600,195

Active Cases 1,805,739

Serious, Critical 16,337

Tot Cases/1M pop 10,708

Deaths/1M pop 420

Total Tests 44,030,877

Tests/1M pop 132,993

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (07-15-2020)

17. #838 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Not as bad as they'll be on election day. Too bad Trump fucked this up from the beginning; he'd not only probably won reelection but saved himself a Billion bucks.
    Isn't that the ultimate irony, the ultimate 'reality show?'

If he had simply been able to do what he always claimed, and been a superior leader, he could have skillfully navigated us through this thing and we would be far better off; and able to gauge that success against other nations which did not do so well, and he would have surely secured far more support, thus giving him the best chance at reelection.

But no. He had to try to fake his way through it without really doing the work, nor take it seriously, tried to brush it off with media manipulation (really his only tool) and the results glaringly show what a substandard job it has been. And because of that, his reelection chances are looking pretty darn slim.

COVID is what separates the leaders from the fakers.

Too bad we don't have a leader.

Now he risks not only losing the election, but a lot of money, AND facing criminal charges.

Couldn't happen to a sleazier crook.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-15-2020), moon (07-15-2020)

19. #839 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Isn't that the ultimate irony, the ultimate 'reality show?'

If he had simply been able to do what he always claimed, and been a superior leader, he could have skillfully navigated us through this thing and we would be far better off; and able to gauge that success against other nations which did not do so well, and he would have surely secured far more support, thus giving him the best chance at reelection.

But no. He had to try to fake his way through it without really doing the work, nor take it seriously, tried to brush it off with media manipulation (really his only tool) and the results glaringly show what a substandard job it has been. And because of that, his reelection chances are looking pretty darn slim.

COVID is what separates the leaders from the fakers.

Too bad we don't have a leader.

Now he risks not only losing the election, but a lot of money, AND facing criminal charges.

Couldn't happen to a sleazier crook.
    Agreed. Trump talks a good game but he couldn't lead a Girl Scout troop to MacDonald's.

20. #840 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

For every death, 19 people are hospitalized, 18 have permanent heart troubles,10 have lung damage, 3 have strokes and 2 have neurological damage. Those who walk out still have problems to deal with. Fixating on deaths is inadequate. We may have learned how to keep people alive. But there is much more to worry about.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-15-2020), PoliTalker (07-15-2020)