Page 145 of 343 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #2161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,512 Times in 6,255 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Phantasmal,

We must endeavor to understand it and work to oppose it lest it be repeated.

I preferred Trump over Billary but I had no idea whatsoever of the depths to which he could descend. It's hard to believe even now. As to opposing it ever happening again- well- how is that done ? Even today I shudder at what Billary might have inflicted upon the Middle East . Given a choice of just two assholes what is the method of divining which will be the worst ? I believe that Obiden will be yet another slave to AIPAC and the Izrael lobby and I can only hope that Harris takes over and makes for a real, admirable, presidential leader- but there's no guarantee, is there. Maybe the system of having a president at all is outdated. Certainly, the 4-year voting interval is archaic in these days of near-instant, world-wide communications from your own home.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. #2162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

More people died yesterday than there are posts in this 8 month long thread.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-04-2020 at 06:30 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #2163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thursday

12-3

USA

Total Cases 14,535,196

New Cases +218,576

Total Deaths 282,829

New Deaths +2,918

Total Recovered 8,561,427

Active Cases 5,690,940

Serious, Critical 26,196

Tot Cases/1M pop 43,803

Deaths/1M pop 852

Total Tests 201,769,463

Tests/1M pop 608,054
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (12-04-2020)

5. #2164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow.

235 Thousand new cases in one day.

Another day like yesterday and we will be at 15 Million Total Cases.

Distancing and masks grow more important with each passing day, people.

If you want to do your part for America you will take this seriously.

We are in a national crisis every day that just won't stop.

2700 Americans died yesterday.

6. #2165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's almost a quarter million people who found out they have coronavirus in just one day.

How many of them will die?

How many other people have they infected?

How many of THEM will die?

7. #2166 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friday

12-4

USA

Total Cases 14,772,535

New Cases +235,272

Total Deaths 285,550

New Deaths +2,718

Total Recovered 8,658,882

Active Cases 5,828,103

Serious, Critical 26,153

Tot Cases/1M pop 44,518

Deaths/1M pop 861

Total Tests 203,884,001

Tests/1M pop 614,417

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (12-05-2020)

9. #2167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,447 Times in 52,463 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Friday

12-4

USA

Total Cases 14,772,535

New Cases +235,272

Total Deaths 285,550

New Deaths +2,718

Total Recovered 8,658,882

Active Cases 5,828,103

Serious, Critical 26,153

Tot Cases/1M pop 44,518

Deaths/1M pop 861

Total Tests 203,884,001

Tests/1M pop 614,417
    The daily body count is equivalent to a Katrina or 9/11. It's expected to worsen as we get closer to Trump's Special Christmas.

COVID-19 is now the leading cause of death in the United States. This will go on for awhile.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-05-2020)

11. #2168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yayyyy Trump! Couldn't have done it without him. He deserves the largest share of the credit.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...tes-this-week/
    COVID-19 was the leading cause of death in the U.S. this week

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-05-2020)

13. #2169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Yayyyy Trump! Couldn't have done it without him. He deserves the largest share of the credit.

Trump is the greatest...

con man.

Imagine being able to con half of the nation so bad that they look the other way as hundreds of thousands of Americans are being killed needlessly.

It's phenomenal.

Phenomenally sad.

14. #2170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

What a sobering article.

It is extremely hard to understand how deniers can see something like that and think it is a hoax, fake news, or overblown.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (12-05-2020)

16. #2171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Trump is the greatest...

con man.

Imagine being able to con half of the nation so bad that they look the other way as hundreds of thousands of Americans are being killed needlessly.

It's phenomenal.

Phenomenally sad.
    While Trump doesn't bear full responsibility for the half million dead Americans we'll see by next Spring, he certainly bears a large amount of responsibility.

It'd be one thing if he didn't understand the dangers or made an error in judgment among offered solutions, but Trump did know the dangers and chose to deliberately play down the danger to give his businesses time to adjust for a Pandemic economy. Bush traded blood for oil, Trump traded lives for money.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-05-2020), PoliTalker (12-06-2020)

18. #2172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,
    What a sobering article.

It is extremely hard to understand how deniers can see something like that and think it is a hoax, fake news, or overblown.
    In psychology it's called conditioning. Much like pedophiles "groom" their target or a man seduces a married woman, Trump has conditioned many Americans to distrust anything said by anyone except for himself. Note the sources his fans use; all are simply quoting Trump himself or writing something that Trump has already endorsed.

The claims the relationship between Trump and his fans as being a cult of personality is accurate. Additionally, then the Cult Leadership praises scientific advancement as Hitler did, then followers develop new technology like jets and rockets. When the Cult Leader attacks science and praises pseudoscience, then pseudoscience is supported by his followers.

Several years ago Fox News kept talking about "Sheeple" and the blind masses following a "Messiah". Now Fox News itself is the Sheeple and pushing pseudoscience on COVID and claims of election fraud. I expect several court cases on fraud and abuse of power in 2021. Probably a few murders or severe beatings too as Americans exact revenge on those who have mislead our nation into killing over 270,000 fellow Americans. Trump will be safe due to his guards, but every public figure who supported Trump's agenda is at risk regardless if they were in government, media or simply on Twitter.

It's like Six Degrees of Seperation: Every American who died of COVID has relatives. Most relatives will accept the loss as part of nature or even blame themselves for following Trump. OTOH, all it takes is a few really pissed off Americans to take down several members of Trump's cult.

https://psychology.wikia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality
    A cult of personality or personality cult arises when a country's leader uses mass media to create a larger-than-life public image through unquestioning flattery and praise. The term often refers as well to leaders who did not use such methods during their lifetime, but are built up in the mass media by later governments.

A cult of personality differs from general hero worship in that it is specifically built around political leaders. However, the term cult of personality is often applied by analogy to refer to adulation of non-political leaders; an argument could easily be made, however, that the only notable differences to be found between the terms "hero worship," "cult of personality," or even, more simply, excessive admiration are largely in the context of the person making the accusation.

19. #2173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,512 Times in 6,255 Posts
    Blog Entries

By the middle of next week the virus fatalities will exceed the American fatalities during the whole of World War 2.

If the daily death rate remains as it is today then Americans killed by the virus will exceed the total American fatalities of WW2 and WW1 combined by Christmas day
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-06-2020)

21. #2174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

In psychology it's called conditioning. Much like pedophiles "groom" their target or a man seduces a married woman, Trump has conditioned many Americans to distrust anything said by anyone except for himself. Note the sources his fans use; all are simply quoting Trump himself or writing something that Trump has already endorsed.

The claims the relationship between Trump and his fans as being a cult of personality is accurate. Additionally, then the Cult Leadership praises scientific advancement as Hitler did, then followers develop new technology like jets and rockets. When the Cult Leader attacks science and praises pseudoscience, then pseudoscience is supported by his followers.

Several years ago Fox News kept talking about "Sheeple" and the blind masses following a "Messiah". Now Fox News itself is the Sheeple and pushing pseudoscience on COVID and claims of election fraud. I expect several court cases on fraud and abuse of power in 2021. Probably a few murders or severe beatings too as Americans exact revenge on those who have mislead our nation into killing over 270,000 fellow Americans. Trump will be safe due to his guards, but every public figure who supported Trump's agenda is at risk regardless if they were in government, media or simply on Twitter.

It's like Six Degrees of Seperation: Every American who died of COVID has relatives. Most relatives will accept the loss as part of nature or even blame themselves for following Trump. OTOH, all it takes is a few really pissed off Americans to take down several members of Trump's cult.

https://psychology.wikia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality
    A cult of personality or personality cult arises when a country's leader uses mass media to create a larger-than-life public image through unquestioning flattery and praise. The term often refers as well to leaders who did not use such methods during their lifetime, but are built up in the mass media by later governments.

A cult of personality differs from general hero worship in that it is specifically built around political leaders. However, the term cult of personality is often applied by analogy to refer to adulation of non-political leaders; an argument could easily be made, however, that the only notable differences to be found between the terms "hero worship," "cult of personality," or even, more simply, excessive admiration are largely in the context of the person making the accusation.
    We all thought it was so bizarre when Trump had his first cabinet meeting and when each member spoke it was nothing but suck-up praise for Trump.

That was all part of the cult training.

22. #2175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Approaching 15 million Cases in the USA.

Another few thousand dead yesterday.

They died of a hoax.

The thousands of deaths per day are way overblown.

No need to distance.

Just get right up in people's faces. Go ahead. Shake hands. Wipe your face after. Rub your eyes.

Nothing to be afraid of.

You probably won't die.