Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #796 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I don't know. How many? Should we take a poll in November? How many dead Americans will it take you to realize the US might have a little problem?
    There is a problem. No one is denying that. The question is, how big of problem is it really? Is it all due to Corona? Or not so much?

2. #797 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    There is a problem. No one is denying that. The question is, how big of problem is it really? Is it all due to Corona? Or not so much?
    Popeye, is brain dead.

3. #798 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    That's the whole problem. Our CDC does not differentiate between probable & confirmed. They such combine the two into one huge total which is wrong and misleading.
    See the problem now over here?
    Aren't they using the standard procedures for any disease? Doctors and scientists like to remain apolitical....which is why I respect them so much. Sure, some do become political, but that often makes then such an outcast, all they do is politics, not science.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-10-2020), PoliTalker (07-11-2020)

5. #799 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Like 9/11, you and I know there is going to be a shitpot full of "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" about this for years. Lots of name-calling and blame-slinging all the way to election day, but also for years after no matter what happens.

In the end the reality will set in: We, the People fucked up. We became complacent. We let politics cloud common sense. The most successful and most powerful nation in the world botched an event that much smaller First World nations are handling without authoritarian rule. Part of complacency is the state of denial. The idea "it can't happen to us"....which is exactly what happened on 9/11 too. We're idiots.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-11-2020)

7. #800 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Aren't they using the standard procedures for any disease? Doctors and scientists like to remain apolitical....which is why I respect them so much. Sure, some do become political, but that often makes then such an outcast, all they do is politics, not science.
    Tell it to the CDC.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

8. #801 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Tell it to the CDC.
    Why? They're already doing it.

FWIW:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-11-2020)

10. #802 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Oh, but this makes so much sense! Naturally, the ones who are absolutely suspicious of the news, suspicious of everybody, don't believe anything but conspiracy theories, vote for the most reprehensible liar because while they won't even believe the most professional vetted careful mainstream news, they will believe that the CDC and all of science is 'on the other side.'

The big mystery is if they are so suspicious that they won't even believe science or the mainstream news, why in the world will they completely drop any pretense of trying to make sure something is believable when the cult leader says it?

That one's hard to figure.

I mean, I can understand wanting to make sure, wanting to verify. That's only logical. So why drop all of that because it's, you know, HIM?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-11-2020)

12. #803 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Oh, but this makes so much sense! Naturally, the ones who are absolutely suspicious of the news, suspicious of everybody, don't believe anything but conspiracy theories, vote for the most reprehensible liar because while they won't even believe the most professional vetted careful mainstream news, they will believe that the CDC and all of science is 'on the other side.'

The big mystery is if they are so suspicious that they won't believe science or the mainstream news, why in the world will they completely drop any pretense of trying to make sure something is believable when the cult leader says it?

That one's hard to figure.

I mean, I can understand wanting to make sure, wanting to verify. That's only logical. So why drop all of that because it's, you know, HIM?
    It's because they put politics over truth, over science and, of course, over common sense. The first big change in the US on this issue came in the 1990s when the Republican party first became a Theocratic political party by pushing both "intelligent design" and an anti-gay agenda in schools and the public. This later extended to Climate Change. It should be no surprise the same nonsense is being used to cover Trump for his leadership failures regarding COVID-19.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...o-creationist/
    15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

IN BRIEF

• Despite definitive legal cases that have established the unconstitutionality of teaching intelligent design or creationist ideology in science class, the theory of evolution remains consistently under attack.
    • Creationist arguments are notoriously errant or based on a misunderstanding of evolutionary science and evidence.
    • Hundreds of studies verify the facts of evolution, at both the microevolutionary and macroevolutionary scale—from the origin of new traits and new species to the underpinnings of the complexity we see in life and the statistical probability of such complexity arising.

13. #804 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

According to World0Meters serious/Critical cases is up .84% over the last two days....thats a serious fucking problem for the alarmists.

The percentage change from 15645 to 15777 is 0.84 %
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #805 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friday,

7-10

USA

Total Cases 3,291,786

New Cases +71,787

Total Deaths 136,671

New Deaths +849

Total Recovered 1,460,495

Active Cases 1,694,620

Serious, Critical 15,777

Tot Cases/1M pop 9,943

Deaths/1M pop 413

Total Tests 41,010,213

Tests/1M pop 123,877
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #806 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Saturday

7-11

USA

Total Cases 3,355,646

New Cases +61,719

Total Deaths 137,403

New Deaths +732

Total Recovered 1,490,446

Active Cases 1,727,797

Serious, Critical 15,819

Tot Cases/1M pop 10,136

Deaths/1M pop 415

Total Tests 41,770,336

Tests/1M pop 126,171

16. #807 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Things that make no sense about this president:

Why is it that the same guy who brags about the amount of testing the USA is doing - wants to slow down the amount of testing the USA is doing?

???

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-13-2020)

18. #808 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,484 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Blog Entries

US reports 3.3 million coronavirus cases: Live updates

The US has added more than 56,000 new coronavirus cases, including at least 15,000 in the state of Florida, pushing nationwide total to 3.3 million cases, with more than 135,000 deaths. This as President Donald Trump presses schools to reopen, threatening to cut funds to those that defy the policy.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...232253227.html

" First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-13-2020)

20. #809 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Things that make no sense about this president:

Why is it that the same guy who brags about the amount of testing the USA is doing - wants to slow down the amount of testing the USA is doing?

???
    Do not try to rationalize the behavior of irrational people. It will just drive you crazy.

Trump is delusional; he's both a long-time conspiracy theorist and self-isolated from reality. This is why he fires people who tell him things he doesn't like to hear.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-13-2020)

22. #810 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    US reports 3.3 million coronavirus cases: Live updates

The US has added more than 56,000 new coronavirus cases, including at least 15,000 in the state of Florida, pushing nationwide total to 3.3 million cases, with more than 135,000 deaths. This as President Donald Trump presses schools to reopen, threatening to cut funds to those that defy the policy.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...232253227.html

Make America Scrooge Again

Throw Tiny Tim to the the virus!