Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Pence bars coronavirus task force members from appearing on CNN: report"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Default "Pence bars coronavirus task force members from appearing on CNN: report"

"Vice President Pence's office has barred members of the coronavirus task force from appearing on CNN for the past week, according to a report from the outlet."

"The contention appears to stem from CNN not carrying portions of the daily White House coronavirus task force briefings"

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...-on-cnn-report

That's pretty funny, Trump better be careful, given the Networks no longer show the Trump/Pence show, and most print journalists don't even bother to show up anymore, it won't be long before Fox, OANN, the Blaze, etc are the only networks to cover the "briefings," as it should be given the amount of misinformation offered daily

2. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-09-2020)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-09-2020), PoliTalker (04-09-2020), Trumpet (04-09-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Vice President Pence's office has barred members of the coronavirus task force from appearing on CNN for the past week, according to a report from the outlet."

"The contention appears to stem from CNN not carrying portions of the daily White House coronavirus task force briefings"

That's pretty funny, Trump better be careful, given the Networks no longer show the Trump/Pence show, and most print journalists don't even bother to show up anymore, it won't be long before Fox, OANN, the Blaze, etc are the only networks to cover the "briefings," as it should be given the amount of misinformation offered daily
    They always keep surprising me and even more surprising is the Republicans don’t care.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-09-2020), Trumpet (04-09-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    They always keep surprising me and even more surprising is the Republicans don’t care.
    Subservience is dangerous.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Subservience is dangerous.
    Agreed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Trumpet (04-09-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

I was wondering if anybody was paying any attention to those mock TV rallies any more.

Didn't take us long to see what was going on and make sure we did NOT tune in.

I supposed the final 'news briefing' will be cancelled for lack of interest.

It's always the same-old same-old, and people are getting tired of it.

If he says anything noteworthy it will be reported in the news.

If the news isn't even showing up to hear him speak then it's his own darn fault.

He seems to be the last one to come out with information everybody else already knew anyway. (And of course claiming credit if it's good)
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (04-09-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

TBH, that smells more like Trump than Pence. I like Vice President Pence and believe him to be a straight arrow. To straight and narrow for some, but still honest. The bad news is that he works for one of the most deplorable Presidents ever elected to office. IMHO, Pence has no problem standing up to the media because he's a true believer. Trump, in comparison, is a petty conman and bully. Hence, I think this has Trump written all over it and Pence is just doing what the "duly elected" POTUS orders. It's a legal order, so Pence is following it no matter how petty, childish or self-defeating.

Lastly, the best thing that could ever happen to the US is for Trump to resign or drop dead and for Pence to run for President in November. I'd vote for him. I won't be voting for either Trump or Biden.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello archives,

I was wondering if anybody was paying any attention to those mock TV rallies any more.

Didn't take us long to see what was going on and make sure we did NOT tune in.

I supposed the final 'news briefing' will be cancelled for lack of interest.

It's always the same-old same-old, and people are getting tired of it.

If he says anything noteworthy it will be reported in the news.

If the news isn't even showing up to hear him speak then it's his own darn fault.

He seems to be the last one to come out with information everybody else already knew anyway. (And of course claiming credit if it's good)
    You are correct, I'll give the daily scenario offered by a reporter who quit attending from the Times:

"Mr. Trump typically starts by reading a somber statement that he seems to have never seen before. Next come remarks from other administration officials or corporate executives involved in the relief effort, generally laden with praise for the president’s peerless leadership. Vice President Mike Pence is particularly gifted at this."

"After the testimonials comes the Q. and A., which is where the president lets his id off the leash. His constant goal seems to be to stress that he is in no way responsible for this nightmare — including any glitches in his administration’s response. All failures he assigns to past administrations, Democrats, governors, the media and so on."

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-09-2020), PoliTalker (04-09-2020), Trumpet (04-09-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    TBH, that smells more like Trump than Pence. I like Vice President Pence and believe him to be a straight arrow. To straight and narrow for some, but still honest. The bad news is that he works for one of the most deplorable Presidents ever elected to office. IMHO, Pence has no problem standing up to the media because he's a true believer. Trump, in comparison, is a petty conman and bully. Hence, I think this has Trump written all over it and Pence is just doing what the "duly elected" POTUS orders. It's a legal order, so Pence is following it no matter how petty, childish or self-defeating.

Lastly, the best thing that could ever happen to the US is for Trump to resign or drop dead and for Pence to run for President in November. I'd vote for him. I won't be voting for either Trump or Biden.
    You have a moral quagmire there, if Pence is as honest and straightforward as you believe, how can he continuously fabricate and mislead all to the benefit of Trump who you find seemingly corrupt?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-09-2020)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good CNN is little more than the DNC's propaganda wing.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You have a moral quagmire there, if Pence is as honest and straightforward as you believe, how can he continuously fabricate and mislead all to the benefit of Trump who you find seemingly corrupt?
    Please cite the evidence Pence is continuously fabricating and misleading all. The fact remains, Trump is POTUS and Pence has a duty to the Constitution, but also to follow the orders of POTUS. Has Pence done anything illegal?.....or just shit you disagree with? How is what Pence has done different than what Gore or Biden did? Pelosi? Feinstein? Any other politician?

Pence isn't perfect and I disagree with his views on some things, but I can disagree with your views without calling you a liar and a dishonest person who continuously fabricates and misleads people.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Bullshit. Same reply for those who claim Fox News is the RNC's propaganda wing. That fact remains both are businesses and they cater to their viewers. It's all about the money.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Please cite the evidence Pence is continuously fabricating and misleading all. The fact remains, Trump is POTUS and Pence has a duty to the Constitution, but also to follow the orders of POTUS. Has Pence done anything illegal?.....or just shit you disagree with? How is what Pence has done different than what Gore or Biden did? Pelosi? Feinstein? Any other politician?

Pence isn't perfect and I disagree with his views on some things, but I can disagree with your views without calling you a liar and a dishonest person who continuously fabricates and misleads people.
    “I don’t believe the president has ever belittled the threat of the coronavirus.”

Pence is VP, but being the VP doesn't mean you have to go out infront of the American public seemingly daily and praise Trump's leadership when you know that that isn't the case, that would be dishonest

20. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-09-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    You are totally missing the point, if the cable networks pull off covering Trump's daily briefings the only one providing coverage will be the right wing outlets as Fox, OANN, the Blaze, etc, in other words, Trump will be preaching to the choir, and he wants to get to the independent voter not the kool aid drinkers

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

PRE-EMPTING THE PROVEN LIARS OF CNN LYING ABOUT WHAT THE PRESIDENT (ETAL) ACTUALLY SAY.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“I don’t believe the president has ever belittled the threat of the coronavirus.”

Pence is VP, but being the VP doesn't mean you have to go out infront of the American public seemingly daily and praise Trump's leadership when you know that that isn't the case, that would be dishonest
    Neither does being a Senator from New York or a Representative from California. It's modern politics. If we each based our opinions of people who give opinions we don't like, then who can you trust to be in office? Certainly not Biden, Hillary, Pelosi or anyone else.

Please name three honest politicians in national office. Okay, just kidding. Just name one.