Members banned from this thread: The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, canceled.2021.2, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Stretch, Bigdog, TOP, countryboy, Bobb, Earl and Stone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC's COVID Came from Europe, Not Asia

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default NYC's COVID Came from Europe, Not Asia

New research indicates that the coronavirus began to circulate in the New York area by mid-February, weeks before the first confirmed case, and that it was brought to the region mainly by travelers from Europe, not Asia.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases. Both teams analyzed genomes from coronaviruses taken from New Yorkers starting in mid-March.

The research revealed a previously hidden spread of the virus that might have been detected if aggressive testing programs had been put in place. On Jan. 31, President Trump barred foreign nationals from entering the country if they had been in China — the site of the virus’s first known outbreak — during the previous two weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/u...e-updates.html

(Emphasis in bold is mine.)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (04-09-2020), PoliTalker (04-09-2020), Trumpet (04-09-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"... the coronavirus began to circulate in the New York area by mid-February, weeks before the first confirmed case..." has chilling implications for the immediate future. Apparently the pathogen brews in a given population before exploding. Be alert, Rural America.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Trumpet (04-09-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder where it was before it got to Europe.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

I heard that hospitalizations are still climbing.

Hospitalizations will peak before deaths peak.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was already known that europes came from china through italy who have strong ties via the garmet industry.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    New research indicates that the coronavirus began to circulate in the New York area by mid-February, weeks before the first confirmed case, and that it was brought to the region mainly by travelers from Europe, not Asia.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases. Both teams analyzed genomes from coronaviruses taken from New Yorkers starting in mid-March.

The research revealed a previously hidden spread of the virus that might have been detected if aggressive testing programs had been put in place. On Jan. 31, President Trump barred foreign nationals from entering the country if they had been in China — the site of the virus’s first known outbreak — during the previous two weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/u...e-updates.html

(Emphasis in bold is mine.)
    Hmm.

That means that when DT shut down travel from Europe, it was too late.

The denial and delay resulted in more American deaths.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of pathogen-deniers on this board who have been insisting that COVID is no BFD because we lose more ppl daily to other causes. Here's a sobering graphical wake-up call:

https://public.flourish.studio/visua...IVQZTEPX-WXWYY

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    That means that when DT shut down travel from Europe, it was too late.

The denial and delay resulted in more American deaths.
    Exactly.

The implications for those now in areas where cases aren't as numerous is pretty alarming.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-09-2020)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump was briefed about the dangers of the corona virus back in Nov. 2019, and Trump waited until the home was engulfed in flames before calling the fire dept. and the end results of Trump's procrastination will be a bad recession and many deaths.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-09-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This timeline bears repeating:

Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump.

Jan 8th - First CDC warning.

Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally.

Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally.

Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate.

Jan 18th - Trump golfs.

Jan 19th - Trump golfs.

Jan 20th - First case of coronavirus in the US, Washington State.

Jan 22nd - "No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine."

Jan 24th - "It will all work out well."

Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally.

Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally.

Jan 30th - "We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully."

Feb 1st - Trump golfs.

Feb 2nd - "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.

Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally.

Feb 10th - "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away."

Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42.

Feb 15th - Trump golfs.

Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally.

Feb 19th - "I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along."

Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally.

Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally.

Feb 24th - "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

Feb 25th - "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

Feb 25th - "I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine."

Feb 26th - "Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

Feb 26th - "We're going very substantially down, not up." Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

Feb 27th: "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear."

Feb 28th - "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."

Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally.

Mar 2nd - "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

Mar 2nd - "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly."

Mar 4th: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."\

Mar 5th - "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."

Mar 5th - "The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

Mar 6th - "I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down."

Mar 6th - "There is no testing kit shortage, nor has there ever been."

Mar 6th - "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."

Mar 6th - "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

Mar 6th - "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."

Mar 7th - Trump golfs.

Mar 8th - Trump golfs.

Mar 8th - "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."

Mar 9th - "This blindsided the world."

Mar 9th - "The Fake News Media & their partner, the Democratic Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power to inflame the Coronavirus situation."

Mar 10th - "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

Mar 13th - [Declared state of emergency].

Mar 13th - "No, I don't take responsibility at all."

Mar 15th - "This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over."

Mar 17th - "This is a pandemic," Mr. Trump told reporters. "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

Mar 18th - "I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning"

Mar 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."

Mar 18th - "No, I’ve always viewed it as serious, there was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar but some people said it wasn’t."

Mar 23th - Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93.

Mar 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.

Mar 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16.

Apr 1st - "Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out I’m number one on Facebook. I thought that was very nice, for whatever it means." (Trump has 25 million likes, Obama has 55 million for comparison)

Apr 1st - "I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached."

Apr 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment.

Apr 2nd - More than 1000 Americans die from coronavirus in a single day. Over 5000 dead total.

Apr 3rd - “The models show hundreds of thousands of people are going to die and you know what I want to do? I want to come way under the model,” Trump said. “The professionals did the models and I was never involved in a model. At least this kind of a model.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-09-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

There were 113 flights from China when Trump says it was closed. They went to 17 American cities. It will be a long time before Americans will learn what really happened. They already know they will not get the truth from Trump.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Trump was briefed about the dangers of the corona virus back in Nov. 2019, and Trump waited until the home was engulfed in flames before calling the fire dept. and the end results of Trump's procrastination will be a bad recession and many deaths.
    Good analogy.

"Oh, the fire is not so bad yet. Maybe if we deny it, it will just go away."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (04-09-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman, and thanks for this:

Jan 18th - Trump golfs.

Jan 19th - Trump golfs.

Jan 22nd - "No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine."

Jan 30th - "We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully."

Feb 1st - Trump golfs.

Feb 10th - "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away."

Feb 15th - Trump golfs.

Feb 19th - "I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along."

Feb 24th - "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

Feb 25th - "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

Feb 25th - "I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine."

Feb 26th - "Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

Feb 26th - "We're going very substantially down, not up." Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

Feb 28th - "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."

Mar 2nd - "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

Mar 2nd - "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly."

Mar 4th: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."\

Mar 5th - "The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

Mar 6th - "I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down."

Mar 6th - "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."

Mar 6th - "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

Mar 6th - "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."

Mar 7th - Trump golfs.

Mar 8th - Trump golfs.

Mar 8th - "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."

Mar 9th - "The Fake News Media & their partner, the Democratic Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power to inflame the Coronavirus situation."

Mar 15th - "This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over."

Mar 17th - "This is a pandemic," Mr. Trump told reporters. "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

Mar 18th - "I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning"

Mar 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."

Mar 18th - "No, I’ve always viewed it as serious, there was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar but some people said it wasn’t."

Apr 1st - "Did you know I was number one on Facebook? I just found out I’m number one on Facebook. I thought that was very nice, for whatever it means." (Trump has 25 million likes, Obama has 55 million for comparison)

Apr 1st - "I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached."

Apr 2nd - More than 1000 Americans die from coronavirus in a single day. Over 5000 dead total.

Apr 3rd - “The models show hundreds of thousands of people are going to die and you know what I want to do? I want to come way under the model,” Trump said. “The professionals did the models and I was never involved in a model. At least this kind of a model.”
    What a pathetic excuse for a president.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I heard that hospitalizations are still climbing.

Hospitalizations will peak before deaths peak.
    I think here it is being way under-reported due to lack of testing. As of this morning, we have 40 cases in the U.P. -- and five deaths. There must be hundreds of positives wandering around or holed up out there, but we'll never know unless we get enough tests.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Jan 18th - Trump golfs.

Jan 19th - Trump golfs.

Feb 1st - Trump golfs.

Feb 15th - Trump golfs.

Mar 7th - Trump golfs.

Mar 8th - Trump golfs.

It is worth repeating that Trump is a fucking moron.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post: