Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And Biden hasn't even tried yet. Biden up by 8

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Biden's been in prime time forever. The way righties are spreading conspiracies about him tells me they're very, very afraid that he'll beat trump in November.
    Willie Brown is a California political OG who happens to be black. Dude is a lifelong Democrat. He ran the state in the Assembly and was two time Mayor of SF. And as he makes it known in his weekly columns he has not been a fan of Trump since day one. However, maybe because he's old, he tells it like it is. And if that means saying things like the above about his own party then he does so. I'm sure as a Democrat you never want to hear another Democrat complain about Democratic politicians or Democratic candidates.

So Brown isn't some righty spreading conspiracy theories.

Edit: And being in prime time in the past doesn't mean you're necessarily ready for it today. That can be said for any politician, actor, CEO you name it.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Willie Brown is a California political OG who happens to be black. Dude is a lifelong Democrat. He ran the state in the Assembly and was two time Mayor of SF. And as he makes it known in his weekly columns he has not been a fan of Trump since day one. However, maybe because he's old, he tells it like it is. And if that means saying things like the above about his own party then he does so. I'm sure as a Democrat you never want to hear another Democrat complain about Democratic politicians or Democratic candidates.

Sorry, a bunch of forum gerontologists saying that Biden has dementia is not something I take seriously. These are the same people who gave us Pizzagate four years ago.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (06-01-2020), katzgar (06-01-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry, a bunch of forum gerontologists saying that Biden has dementia is not something I take seriously. These are the same people who gave us Pizzagate four years ago.
    People on this forum say a lot of sh*t. There are plenty of Democrats, including Willie Brown, who wonder if he has dementia or is slowing losing it. On one hand it's something that's natural and comes with age. There are sharp people in their 70's, 80's & 90's but the reality is most people at that age aren't as sharp as when they were younger. And yes, you watch some interviews with Biden and its pretty apparent he's not the same as he was. I get it, when it comes to an election and you don't like the opponent you don't want to hear that. But it doesn't mean its not true.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

People on this forum say a lot of sh*t. There are plenty of Democrats, including Willie Brown, who wonder if he has dementia or is slowing losing it. On one hand it's something that's natural and comes with age. There are sharp people in their 70's, 80's & 90's but the reality is most people at that age aren't as sharp as when they were younger. And yes, you watch some interviews with Biden and its pretty apparent he's not the same as he was. I get it, when it comes to an election and you don't like the opponent you don't want to hear that. But it doesn't mean its not true.
    It's also apparent that trump is no longer the speaker he was 20 years ago and there are videos to prove it. Yet he always gets a pass for his stupidity, hotheadedness, gaffes, misspellings, mispronunciations, forgetfulness etc. Dementia is the same ploy RWs pulled with Hillary four years ago, maybe you forgot but there are threads here with those comments. I see that two things RWs never change when there's an election: the other person has dementia and/or the other person is a pedophile.

If Biden has a complete neurological workup and his doc says he's declining in some areas, then I'll believe it. And Willie Brown didn't write about Biden having dementia either; not in the original link and not in the hyperlink in the article. You saying Biden "has to be hidden" is supposition.

― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Althea (06-01-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Biden has been on several TV interviews and showed he is mentally fine. There is no dementia. The charge is absolutely another right-wing lie. Trump seems to have skipped every single press conference. That should tell you something about him. He could not handle one. Biden did a short speech about Floyd and he showed compassion and understanding. He was presidential. Today Trumpy did not mention police violence. You guys are looking in the wrong direction for brain problems.
    Trump is threatening the American Experiment. He does not understand what powers the president has and does not have, nor does he care. He does what he wants. he wants another term and he will do whatever he thinks he can get away with to obtain it.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Might be a good time to break out the ol' "are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" line.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's also apparent that trump is no longer the speaker he was 20 years ago and there are videos to prove it. Yet he always gets a pass for his stupidity, hotheadedness, gaffes, misspellings, mispronunciations, forgetfulness etc. Dementia is the same ploy RWs pulled with Hillary four years ago, maybe you forgot but there are threads here with those comments. I see that two things RWs never change when there's an election: the other person has dementia and/or the other person is a pedophile.

If Biden has a complete neurological workup and his doc says he's declining in some areas, then I'll believe it. And Willie Brown didn't write about Biden having dementia either; not in the original link and not in the hyperlink in the article. You saying Biden "has to be hidden" is supposition.
    I'm not talking about Trump nor am I defending Trump. Joe Biden is his own person and can be talked about.

Here's Brown's column from the week before:

Joe Biden’s winning strategy: Shelter in the basement and let Trump beat himself

Joe Biden’s people called to tell me that the former vice president is leading President Trump by 11 points on average in the key states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

The latest Fox News Poll finds that nationally, voters think Biden would to do a better job than Trump on health care by 17 points and on the coronavirus pandemic by nine points. Trump still has a three-point lead on the economy, the poll says.

It wasn’t intentional, but it looks like Biden’s self-quarantine in the basement of his Delaware home is paying off. I urge him to stay in the bunker.

It’s not that I worry about Biden being exposed to the coronavirus.

I worry about him being overexposed to the media, which could do some serious damage to his chances of beating Trump in November.

And that includes interviews. He should avoid them whenever possible; they inevitably seem to trip him up.

Biden is no Barack Obama or Bill Clinton. At best Biden is an Al Gore, and that type of personality does not move the needle with voters.

The only time Biden should appear in public is in small, controlled settings where he can be seen bantering with a couple of “real people.”

I often joked that Biden, or whomever the Democrats nominated, should fly off to a remote island far from the cameras, sit back and watch Trump defeat himself.

It looks like the island has come to Biden.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...e-15290158.php

And then you saw Brown's column, Part 2, that I posted from this past Sunday. I said dementia, maybe it's not. I don't know, but pretty clearly he isn't as sharp as he's been in the past. I don't live in an echo chamber. I don't watch Fox News and I don't read Breibart. I live in the Bay Area where much of the news I receive comes from liberals. So I read and hear what liberals say and it's along the lines of what Brown is saying. They aren't saying they won't vote for Biden and they definitely aren't saying they want Trump as President but they are commenting about his mental capacity and that he's a step slower.

As far as Biden being hidden what do you think Brown means when he says Biden should stay in the basement?

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,735 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Doing nothing would be the best plan for any candidate. Just watch Trump step on rakes, slip on bananas, pick his nose and eat it...
    oh ...until about late July. Trump's performance art is a nonstop negative ad campaign against himself.
    I've been saying it for 3 years. Each day, trump has given the opposition campaign gold with respect to negative ads. He can't help himself.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Edit: And being in prime time in the past doesn't mean you're necessarily ready for it today. That can be said for any politician, actor, CEO you name it.
    My wife's mom attended a cleanup in SF where Willie Brown was to attend and help also. He showed up in a limo with a camera, took a pic with a mop
    and zoomed off leaving his faithful to do all the work alone all day.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    My wife's mom attended a cleanup in SF where Willie Brown was to attend and help also. He showed up in a limo with a camera, took a pic with a mop
    and zoomed off leaving his faithful to do all the work alone all day.
    I've met him and spoken with briefly a handful of times of the years at various events. He was friendly as can be. Dude is outgoing and gregarious. He's also known as Slick Willie for a reason. He's the ultimate politician.
    Last edited by cawacko; 06-01-2020 at 07:37 PM.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've met him and spoken with briefly a handful of times of the years at various events. He was friendly as can be. Dude is outgoing and gregarious. He's also known as Slick Willie a reason. He's the ultimate politician.
    And slickly disappears when work is involved, apparently.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not talking about Trump nor am I defending Trump. Joe Biden is his own person and can be talked about.

Here's Brown's column from the week before:

Joe Biden’s winning strategy: Shelter in the basement and let Trump beat himself

Joe Biden’s people called to tell me that the former vice president is leading President Trump by 11 points on average in the key states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

The latest Fox News Poll finds that nationally, voters think Biden would to do a better job than Trump on health care by 17 points and on the coronavirus pandemic by nine points. Trump still has a three-point lead on the economy, the poll says.

It wasn’t intentional, but it looks like Biden’s self-quarantine in the basement of his Delaware home is paying off. I urge him to stay in the bunker.

It’s not that I worry about Biden being exposed to the coronavirus.

I worry about him being overexposed to the media, which could do some serious damage to his chances of beating Trump in November.

And that includes interviews. He should avoid them whenever possible; they inevitably seem to trip him up.

Biden is no Barack Obama or Bill Clinton. At best Biden is an Al Gore, and that type of personality does not move the needle with voters.

The only time Biden should appear in public is in small, controlled settings where he can be seen bantering with a couple of “real people.”

I often joked that Biden, or whomever the Democrats nominated, should fly off to a remote island far from the cameras, sit back and watch Trump defeat himself.

It looks like the island has come to Biden.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...e-15290158.php

And then you saw Brown's column, Part 2, that I posted from this past Sunday. I said dementia, maybe it's not. I don't know, but pretty clearly he isn't as sharp as he's been in the past. I don't live in an echo chamber. I don't watch Fox News and I don't read Breibart. I live in the Bay Area where much of the news I receive comes from liberals. So I read and hear what liberals say and it's along the lines of what Brown is saying. They aren't saying they won't vote for Biden and they definitely aren't saying they want Trump as President but they are commenting about his mental capacity and that he's a step slower.

As far as Biden being hidden what do you think Brown means when he says Biden should stay in the basement?
    I did read both of them. The one you just posted was the one hyperlinked in part two.

Now about Biden, I don't recall much about him as veep; he didn't seem to be as prominent in the O administration as cheney was during the bush years. Honestly, at the top of my head I only remember him debating Palin, and then how choked up he got when Obama awarded him the Medal of Freedom. You could probably mention some other things that would give me an "oh yeah" moment. I do not recall anybody saying Biden had dementia before this election cycle.

A month or so ago I posted an article from a speech pathologist who analyzed Biden's speech patterns and said that he uses the tricks he learned when he was trying to overcome his stutter, and it made a lot of sense. So that's another angle to consider, in addition to the fact that he's long known to be gaffe prone.

I interpret Brown's comment to mean that Biden doesn't have to lift a finger to challenge trump because trump is his own worst enemy every single day. It's trump's election to lose. What would people say if there was no coronavirus and the candidates campaigned as usual? IMO this "Biden in the basement" was a godsend to repubs because it enabled them to concoct a theory that Biden was being sequestered by his handlers for his own good, and that the real deep-down reason is that Biden is suffering from dementia. It doesn't take much for nasty rumors to get traction nowadays. Look at this forum for example. All the hard-core trump supporters truly believe Biden is a pedophile with dementia. I mean, really? I wonder how many would speak of him that way if they could be charged with libel.

― Charles Dickens

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've met him and spoken with briefly a handful of times of the years at various events. He was friendly as can be. Dude is outgoing and gregarious. He's also known as Slick Willie for a reason. He's the ultimate politician.
    Slicker than the other "slick Willie?"

― Charles Dickens

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Slicker than the other "slick Willie?"
    Haha, good question. Willie Brown rose pretty high but getting to President is a whole other level. I think Bill has got him beat. I voted for Willie Brown for Mayor twice. I mean it was something to watch him on a daily basis. He was a good and popular Mayor but yet people also despised his 'pay for play' and other Slick Willie things. It was amazing to watch him pull it off.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did read both of them. The one you just posted was the one hyperlinked in part two.

Now about Biden, I don't recall much about him as veep; he didn't seem to be as prominent in the O administration as cheney was during the bush years. Honestly, at the top of my head I only remember him debating Palin, and then how choked up he got when Obama awarded him the Medal of Freedom. You could probably mention some other things that would give me an "oh yeah" moment. I do not recall anybody saying Biden had dementia before this election cycle.

A month or so ago I posted an article from a speech pathologist who analyzed Biden's speech patterns and said that he uses the tricks he learned when he was trying to overcome his stutter, and it made a lot of sense. So that's another angle to consider, in addition to the fact that he's long known to be gaffe prone.

I interpret Brown's comment to mean that Biden doesn't have to lift a finger to challenge trump because trump is his own worst enemy every single day. It's trump's election to lose. What would people say if there was no coronavirus and the candidates campaigned as usual? IMO this "Biden in the basement" was a godsend to repubs because it enabled them to concoct a theory that Biden was being sequestered by his handlers for his own good, and that the real deep-down reason is that Biden is suffering from dementia. It doesn't take much for nasty rumors to get traction nowadays. Look at this forum for example. All the hard-core trump supporters truly believe Biden is a pedophile with dementia. I mean, really? I wonder how many would speak of him that way if they could be charged with libel.
    I think Brown is pretty clear he's saying let Trump beat himself which I think is an excellent strategy as I stated. But Willie's follow up column referencing Biden's interview with Charlamagne The God was why he called Biden not ready for prime time. And the fact is Biden makes lots of gaffes when he speaks. I mean any of us would if we always had a microphone in front of us all the time so that isn't unique to Biden. But in the era of 24 hour news stations and social media everything is just magnified way more and they all make news. That's what Willie is talking about.

And Brown isn't saying he won't win the Presidency. But no candidate is perfect, everyone has faults. And as a fellow Democrat he's speaking about Biden's.