Members banned from this thread: Legion, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, CFM and Earl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: h1n1 vs COVID 19

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    This is how how pandemics run amuck and destroy our economy and kills 10's of thousands of Americans and millions of others around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    That was a flu, not a coronavirus disease.

However, you make a valid point. Almost 80,000 Americans died. I would be interested in how many of those that died actually had got that year's flu shot.
    The flu shot wasn't very effective against that Type A variant flu virus, which is why so many died. Also all these amateur virologists have never heard of Parr's Law or indeed the role UV plays in killing viruses.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is how how pandemics run amuck and destroy our economy and kills 10's of thousands of Americans and millions of others around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    We aren't dying off as fast as you'd like. You'll go first
    Can't help thinking that there will be a baby boom in 8-9 months time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

RB 60 (04-08-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, we wish Boris a speedy recovery and Best Wishes for you and your wonderful country!

Boris was man enough to admit he was wrong about underestimating the Virus and he has demonstrated his regret for doing so publicly.
    Prof. Neil Ferguson of Imperial College was claiming that his computer model said millions would die in the UK. He knows days at most 20,000 of which the vast majority would die in the next year regardless. So was that worth hamstringing the UK economy for decades?

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,617 Times in 51,912 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Remember when poster were talking about Obama and h1n1 deaths. They didn’t believe the COVID 19 deaths would reach those numbers...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that swine flu infected nearly 61 million people in the United States and caused 12,469 deaths. Worldwide, up to 575,400 people died from pandemic swine flu.
    Feb 20, 2020

Verywell Health
    Time period April 2009-August 2010

COVID 19 as of 4/8/2020

Confirmed

Recovered

Deaths

Updated less than 30 mins ago·
    Source:Wikipedia·
    About this data

Trump is visibly sweating that those numbers will hit six figures by Election Day.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-08-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Prof. Neil Ferguson of Imperial College was claiming that his computer model said millions would die in the UK. He knows days at most 20,000 of which the vast majority would die in the next year regardless. So was that worth hamstringing the UK economy for decades?
    I don't know. I do know that this virus has scared the shit out of King Rama X so much he skipped his own country with 20 hookers and is hiding out in Germany until it's all over.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Gladys needs to understand, I posted this because of posters who claimed COVID 19 would not claim as many lives as h1n1 did during the Obama administration.

I am well aware of the flu that stressed hospitals in Texas and other areas
    two years ago. I still say, according to the experts that COVID 19 is not a flu and if the stay in order had not been enacted that there would have been far more than 80,000 deaths.

Why is it so hard to understand that COVID 19 is some very nasty stuff.
    So nasty that it's worth destroying the West's economy and handing it on a plate to the Chinese? You'll have plenty of time to think about that when your nearest and dearest lose their jobs, houses and relationships over it. I think Billy may be right that more people will commit suicide over this than will lose their lives to the CV virus.

My son is in Tokyo, they've gone down the route of targeted testing anybody showing symptoms and tracing everyone in contact with them. They haven't shut down the country and people still go on trains and buses. They have some hotspots in seven Tokyo precincts and have a discretionary ban on social contact for the next two weeks. Of course the Japanese all wear masks without even been told to, why wasn't that made mandatory in the US? It's absolutely bloody crazy to stop fit and healthy 20-50 year olds from going back to work.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 04-08-2020 at 10:13 PM.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So nasty that it's worth destroying the West's economy and handing it on a plate to the Chinese? You'll have plenty of time to think about that when your nearest and dearest lose their jobs, houses and relationships over it. I think Billy may be right that more people will commit suicide over this than will lose their lives to the CV virus.
    King Rama-rama-ding-dong certainly thinks it's worth leaving his own country to do so. If it's so innocuous, why did he skip out on his own people to hide out with 20 hookers?

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Yeah remember when h1n1 shut down the schools and everyone stayed inside? Remember when we decided to keep 6 feet apart back then? Yeah, that was so much worse.

11. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-09-2020)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    80,000 died in the US from A(H3N2) just two years ago, think about that. Also think about the many lives that are about to be destroyed by the coming economic apocalypse. You must have those nearest and dearest to you, sons and daughters who will in all likelihood lose their jobs, businesses, houses and relationships. I hope you'll think about in the days, week and months to come. Hubris doesn't pay the bills, remember that!

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,172 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

80,000 died in the US from A(H3N2) just two years ago, think about that. Also think about the many lives that are about to be destroyed by the coming economic apocalypse. You must have those nearest and dearest to you, sons and daughters who will in all likelihood lose their jobs, businesses, houses and relationships. I hope you'll think about in the days, week and months to come. Hubris doesn't pay the bills, remember that!
    Don't bark at the moon now Moondoggy! Because I'm mostly with you on and hear your every point. And I am not here to disagree with you on the important points you made.

The experts agree that this strain is the most deadliest strain seen in 100 years since the Spanish Flu invaded the world. And obviously one of the most contagious we've had to experience as well.

My point in having back to back videos demonstrating how Trump Vs. Obama approached the virus threat was to show a contrast of what works and what does not work. Doing nothing for 3 months while the virus spread around the world certainly doesn't work. That was my main point.

Obama had a Pandemic Committee and Emergency Plan already established and Medical Experts with boots on the ground in the countries of of origin with the viruses he faced to create a vaccine and test therapeutics, logistics, and etc. His plan worked to box in the dangerous viruses before they were able to go pandemic in any country- not just our own. And any number of the Viruses that Obama, Bush, Clinton and Bush sr. presidents faced could have turned into the same disaster that the Covid19 has now become due to the failure of Donald Trump to do anything about it.

That is what a world leader like Obama and all other previous presidents has done before in each case- Not what a going-it-alone selfish and reckless OAF in office like Donald Trump DIDN'T DO or refused to do.

Donald Trump owns this one!