Members banned from this thread: Charoite

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deplorable Blue Collars, truckers, farmers, smelly Walmarters & bitter clingers

1. #301 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    So, are you saying the middle class were the ones who lost billions in the market crash? If the rich took all their money out we would have seen a big drop when they did so for selling all their stocks. They are the ones who took the biggest losses in 2008 and 2020.]
    Yes, the middle class lost. The wealthy did just fine. A few senators, actually.

And no, the wealthy didn't take big losses. In fact, the wealthy doubled their wealth in the last 10 years.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #302 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tell me, what are these "institutions" and "devices" which protect them from market downturns?
    GOP-controlled Congress and the Federal Reserve are the institutions that saved the wealthy, and the devices are the low- or no-interest loans they and their pet corporations have access to that no one else does. Then, they have a half-a-trillion dollar slush fund for those same people and corporations with no Inspector General or oversight.

You're fooling yourself if you think the wealthy ever take a hit the way 16 million people have in the last three weeks, thanks to you spending the last three years normalizing this shit with your BoThSiDeRiSm.

3. #303 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Where do you live?Vermont? North Dakota? Idaho?
    Because you don't seem to understand the Illegals very well.

My best friend lived on Smith street in Pawling, NY.
    Often called the ghetto or Ell Bario of Pawling.

They had 4 rooms & 4 apartments.
    They all shared 1 bathroom & 1 kitchen.

Her next store neighbor was a Guatemalan family of 6.
    Living in a room not much bigger than a jail cell.
    With 3 kids who overload the Pawling schools.

Let me ask you what that does to property taxes?
    Each illegal kid costs the school about 12.5 K per year. It doesn't take a lot to cause a serious drain on school systems.

4. #304 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Members of the billionaires club received some of the worst hits during the market meltdown last Monday. The wealthier a person is, the more investments they have in the stock markets, which means they are the most vulnerable to market volatility."

https://www.albawaba.com/business/th...s-black-monday
    Let's take a look at these people your article is talking about because the thing missing from this link are what their actual wealth is.

Bernard Arnault: Link says he "lost" $30B...but his net worth was $88B...so even with the temporary market losses, he still has $58B that he's doing nothing with.

Jeff Bezos: Link says he "lost" $18B...but his net worth was $128B...so even with the temporary market losses, he still has $110B that he's doing nothing with.

Mark Zuckerberg: Link says he "lost" $4.1B...but his net worth was $69B...so even with the temporary market losses, he still has $65B that he's doing nothing with.

Elon Musk: Link says he "lost" $4B...but his net worth was $37B...so even with the temporary market losses, he still has $33B that he's doing nothing with.

Amancio Ortega: Link says he "lost" $2.9B...but his net worth was $67B...so even with the temporary market losses, he still has $64B that he's doing nothing with.

Bill Gates: Firstly, he's been out of work for about a decade. Link says he "lost" $3.8B...but his net worth was $108B...so even with the temporary market losses, he still has $104B that he's doing nothing with.

The poor babies. Thank God they have Flash there to defend them. I'm sure they appreciate it.

5. #305 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Each illegal kid costs the school about 12.5 K per year. It doesn't take a lot to cause a serious drain on school systems.
    Complete and total lie.

6. #306 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Complete and total lie.
    You are correct. I just looked it up again. Its only $11,762 per student on average nation wide. In New York its $22,366 per student.. If you are being paid off the books you aren't paying school taxes. In Texas where I live its a HUGE drain on the school systems.

https://www.governing.com/gov-data/e...upil-data.html

7. #307 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

You are correct. I just looked it up again. Its only $11,762 per student on average nation wide. In New York its $22,366 per student.. If you are being paid off the books you aren't paying school taxes. In Texas where I live its a HUGE drain on the school systems.

https://www.governing.com/gov-data/e...upil-data.html
    Illegals are the lifeblood of the DEMOCRAT Party.

8. #308 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yes they are.

9. #309 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes they are.
    And the snobbish bi-coastal elitists continue to alienate the people who inhabit what they derisively term "flyover country".

10. #310 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    That is just so damn stupid.

11. #311 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Yes they are.
    Is that why Amnesty Reagan invited them in?

12. #312 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    That is just so damn stupid.
    DEMOCRATS are just so damn stupid.

13. #313 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What rights did citizens have that corporations did not have?
    The Founding Fathers America wasn't so mega Libertarian as many believe.

https://reclaimdemocracy.org/corpora...rporations-us/

https://hbr.org/2010/04/what-the-fou...hers-real.html

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...ership-for-all

http://addictinginfo.com/2013/06/09/founding-fathers/

14. #314 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Are you? You've said -MANY TIMES- the wealthy pay most of the taxes, so your personal contribution to this is nominal at best.
    And you think there is a contradiction in the wealthy paying most of the taxes and me also paying taxes? It is still a lot of money for me since I will owe about $18,000 this year. That is a lot of food stamps.

Again, who cares? It's not unemployed people who are sucking up trillions in welfare...that's all corporations and the wealthy.
    Corporations and the wealthy are at least working for their money.

People currently losing their jobs is a rare situation. Before the crisis unemployment was only 3.8%. There was no reason a person who "couldn't" find a job and collecting benefits couldn't work--you are always telling us we need infrastructure spending.

Why couldn't a SNAP or Medicaid recipient work at a food bank, homeless shelter, women's shelter?--this would show that empathy you are always harping about; yet, you would deprive those people of workers to help them with their problems.

You think this is about people working? No, Flash, this is about you projecting the worst possible version of yourself on people you know nothing about, and don't care to know. That's because you have no empathy. You're a sociopath.
    As usual, you quit discussing anything of substance and turn to personal insults.

The problem is that we've tied someone value to their work, and that's precisely why we are in this mess today.
    I don't care if you work, but the American taxpayers should not have to pay for your living expenses if you are able-bodied with no minor dependents. I bet I give more to charities than you do--a sign of real empathy opposed to parlor pinkos.

15. #315 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And you think there is a contradiction in the wealthy paying most of the taxes and me also paying taxes? It is still a lot of money for me since I will owe about $18,000 this year. That is a lot of food stamps.

Corporations and the wealthy are at least working for their money.

People currently losing their jobs is a rare situation. Before the crisis unemployment was only 3.8%. There was no reason a person who "couldn't" find a job and collecting benefits couldn't work--you are always telling us we need infrastructure spending.

Why couldn't a SNAP or Medicaid recipient work at a food bank, homeless shelter, women's shelter?--this would show that empathy you are always harping about; yet, you would deprive those people of workers to help them with their problems.

As usual, you quit discussing anything of substance and turn to personal insults.

I don't care if you work, but the American taxpayers should not have to pay for your living expenses if you are able-bodied with no minor dependents. I bet I give more to charities than you do--a sign of real empathy opposed to parlor pinkos.
    Eh, not always true.
    There are wealthy who don't work, and just rely on stocks to generate wealth.

Also what a CEO does is mostly negative, looking to gouge the system at our expense to maximize profits & stocks.
    A great cause for outsourcing, automation, H2B Visas & Illegals hired.

Also the working poor can exist,

And yes there are many with disabilities who can't work, including Veterans.