Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default And so it begins

Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (04-13-2020), Earl (04-13-2020), Truth Detector (04-13-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

They aren't "pushing for" opening up the economy, what they are doing is meeting to work out tentative plans to reopen the economy when the situation arises, unlike Trump, they want to have a plan of some sort ready. West Coast Governors are doing the same, kinda telling when the Federal Gov't has no role in any of these endeavors

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    They aren't "pushing for" opening up the economy, what they are doing is meeting to work out tentative plans to reopen the economy when the situation arises, unlike Trump, they want to have a plan of some sort ready. West Coast Governors are doing the same, kinda telling when the Federal Gov't has no role in any of these endeavors
    What does Trump have to do with this?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

anonymoose (04-13-2020), Bigdog (04-13-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

The media will bow to Cuomo and pretend that they never had a 4-ever narrative.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Bigdog (04-13-2020), Darth Omar (04-13-2020), Into the Night (04-13-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

It is obvious that we can’t go on like this for much longer. Financial damage has been done and sadly some may never recover. Sadly there are people who have died too. Some families will never be the same because of that. I was watch when Cuomo talked about this. He’s right. Trump is right. We gotta do something but we gotta be smart doing it.

I’ve got people around me who think everyone ought to stay huddled in their houses until we have a vaccine...which may be as far forward as early next year. That isn’t reasonable. I also have people around me who think this is a democratic hoax and ploy against President Trump and we should ignore it and jump back into life as it was before March. Both are idiots.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

anonymoose (04-13-2020), USFREEDOM911 (04-13-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Nothing, that's the point, Governors on their own are meeting to plan for the future, experience has shown them that the last entity they can count on to get anything right is Trump

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    The media will bow to Cuomo and pretend that they never had a 4-ever narrative.
    Again, Cuomo is not proclaiming the economy should immediately open up, what he is saying is that those Governors in that part of the country are meeting to plan for the day the economy can begin to resurface, as he said, the virus knows no geographical boundaries, and those States share the closeness and similar population densities

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    It is obvious that we can’t go on like this for much longer. Financial damage has been done and sadly some may never recover. Sadly there are people who have died too. Some families will never be the same because of that. I was watch when Cuomo talked about this. He’s right. Trump is right. We gotta do something but we gotta be smart doing it.

I’ve got people around me who think everyone ought to stay huddled in their houses until we have a vaccine...which may be as far forward as early next year. That isn’t reasonable. I also have people around me who think this is a democratic hoax and ploy against President Trump and we should ignore it and jump back into life as it was before March. Both are idiots.
    There’s a middle ground and the sooner they find it the better.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

leaningright (04-13-2020), USFREEDOM911 (04-13-2020)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anchovies View Post
    Nothing, that's the point
    Quote Originally Posted by anchovies View Post
    kinda telling when the Federal Gov't has no role in any of these endeavors

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There’s a middle ground and the sooner they find it the better.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again, Cuomo is not proclaiming the economy should immediately open up, what he is saying is that those Governors in that part of the country are meeting to plan for the day the economy can begin to resurface, as he said, the virus knows no geographical boundaries, and those States share the closeness and similar population densities
    Right lol.

And before you open up you set a plan to open.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-13-2020)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What is done isn't going to be a restoration of what we were accustomed to previously, not until there is a vaccine. Until further testing can be done so that the full extent of the virus is known any steps forward will be minor. When they feel they have a somewhat accurate portrait, they will open things up gradually, studying the results before moving on to the next step. It will be a slow process

The quick bounce back that the Munch is talking about and Trump hopes for ain't happening

20. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Micawber (04-13-2020)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

What is done isn't going to be a restoration of what we were accustomed to previously, not until there is a vaccine. Until further testing can be done so that the full extent of the virus is known any steps forward will be minor. When they feel they have a somewhat accurate portrait, they will open things up gradually, studying the results before moving on to the next step. It will be a slow process

The quick bounce back that the Munch is talking about and Trump hopes for ain't happening
    We shall see; we can be comforted by the fact that you are NEVER right about anything.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Into the Night (04-13-2020)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Life is not going to be the same until there is a very effective vaccine. And in some ways, it will forever be different.
    Still, most people have jobs, and you can still get products if you have the money. We need to work on changing
    employment, and entertainment, and food service, and travel, and many other things.

Jobs jobs jobs used to be key. IT's going to be safe jobs safe jobs safe jobs going forward. No more cramming tables together in restaurants,
    everyone wearing gloves and masks who provide brick mortar services... lots of shielded glass between businesses and customers,
    codified social distancing. Opening things up that can be opened like beaches and parks but with social distancing....
    heightened cleanliness standards for hotels and bars... Everything will change.