Thread: Hardest Week in Our Lives Day #4

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default Hardest Week in Our Lives Day #4

Everyone still with us?

Anyone notice that as soon as Dr. Birx admitted that anyone who dies with COVID virus in their body gets counted as a COVID death by the CDC, the media starts pushing the narrative that COVID deaths aren’t being registered in many instances?

Interesting timing, that.

Myself and others have been making the point about over-counting COVID deaths. The media will sometimes slip-up and even put ‘COVID-related’ in their headline. That said, there is no reason to doubt that some COVID deaths haven’t been registered. In fact, it’s a certainty.

It’s also a certainty that seasonal flu deaths would range *considerably higher* if an individual that was likely going to die from a combination of end-stage renal failure, diabetes and pulmonary edema—but gets viral pneumonia, and gets counted as a flu death.

One could probably add a few tens of thousands of flu deaths in an average year. Bottom line is, the two probably cancel one another out. The current tally is probably pretty accurate.

But the current number is a very long way off from the projected numbers. By a bunch. This may be a hot political topic by summer. We’ll see how it goes.

I’m fishing today since a cold front is moving in tomorrow. I don’t even want to know what day of the week it is because I’m going to enjoy this as long as it lasts.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 04-08-2020 at 05:58 AM.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (04-08-2020), Earl (04-08-2020), RB 60 (04-08-2020), Stone (04-08-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,560 Times in 9,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Kick back,... catch a few fish, drink a couple beers...LOL. This too will pass. Me? Im still working every day and glad to do so. When this all ends we are all going to have to pull together to get this economy back up and running full tilt. This is something that EVERYONE should want. And those that dont really ought to start thinking about seeking some mental help for theyre DTS before it sinks them completely.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-08-2020), dukkha (04-08-2020), RB 60 (04-08-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,599 Times in 17,043 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Everyone still with us?

Anyone notice that as soon as Dr. Birx admitted that anyone who dies with COVID virus in their body gets counted as a COVID death by the CDC, the media starts pushing the narrative that COVID deaths aren’t being registered in many instances?

Interesting timing, that.

Myself and others have been making the point about over-counting COVID deaths. The media will sometimes slip-up and even put ‘COVID-related’ in their headline. That said, there is no reason to doubt that some COVID deaths haven’t been registered. In fact, it’s a certainty.

It’s also a certainty that seasonal flu deaths would range *considerably higher* if an individual that was likely going to die from a combination of end-stage renal failure, diabetes and pulmonary edema—but gets viral pneumonia, and gets counted as a flu death.

One could probably add a few tens of thousands of flu deaths in an average year. Bottom line is, the two probably cancel one another out. The current tally is probably pretty accurate.

But the current number is a very long way off from the projected numbers. By a factor of at least a thousand. This may be a hot political topic by summer. We’ll see how it goes.

I’m fishing today since a cold front is moving in tomorrow. I don’t even want to know what day of the week it is because I’m going to enjoy this as long as it lasts.
    Rain coming today. Probably can't do much outside, but yesterday when I came home from the gun club, the GF said I smelled of gunpowder (that means I had a lot of fun with my black powder revolver!!).
    I guess I'll be sitting at home today watching TV with her. I'd clean my garage, but it is already spotless and everything is in it's proper place. Oh well, I'll be saving some gunpowder, anyway...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-08-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

same old shit different day was never truer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-08-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

i am really trying to live in the moment -the problem is this moment is just like the last and the next

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-08-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

one thing that is unsaid about this. We rely on these same people to make climate models.

If their covid models are trash then what does that say about thier climate models?
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-08-2020), dukkha (04-08-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Kick back,... catch a few fish, drink a couple beers...LOL. This too will pass. Me? Im still working every day and glad to do so. When this all ends we are all going to have to pull together to get this economy back up and running full tilt. This is something that EVERYONE should want. And those that dont really ought to start thinking about seeking some mental help for theyre DTS before it sinks them completely.
    Indeed.

Yup, I’m going to pay for this at some point so I’m taking advantage of it lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stone (04-08-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    one thing that is unsaid about this. We rely on these same people to make climate models.

If their covid models are trash then what does that say about thier climate models?
    I’ll wager that will be a topic of future conversations.