Thread: Briefings? Or Rallies...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Briefings? Or Rallies...

"For more than an hour from the lectern he self-aggrandises, rewrites history, casts blame, scores political points, goads the media and sends factcheckers scrambling, ceding the bully pulpit only to let other speakers sing his praises.

But for the absence of a sea of “Keep America Great Again” hats and Rolling Stones soundtrack, Donald Trump’s coronavirus press briefings at the White House are, critics say, increasingly resembling his 2020 re-election campaign rallies.

Some critics have even called for TV networks to drop live coverage of the daily sessions because, by carrying the president’s words unfiltered, they are actively misleading their audiences and could harm public health."

" “It’s not a substitute for a daily briefing by the press secretary, giving real information to the public, taking questions and being held accountable. It’s become a theatrical production rather than a true press briefing.”"

"At first, the Vice-President Mike Pence, the chair of the coronavirus taskforce, earned praise for his steady handling of the briefing, with one columnist even joking that he should become the new press secretary.

Perhaps sensing political opportunity, Trump moved swiftly to regain the limelight and become master of ceremonies."

"Broadcasters were widely criticized for giving Trump’s speeches and rallies wall-to-wall coverage during the 2016 presidential election, granting him free exposure worth billions of dollars in advertising. Although campaign rallies have been suspended because of the virus, there are concerns that history is repeating itself, giving Trump an advantage over his likely opponent, Joe Biden. On Sunday and Monday, the briefings shifted to late afternoon, giving Trump access to peak viewing hours."

Are Trump's coronavirus briefings the new 2020 campaign rallies?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-07-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-02-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Our So-Called War Time Leader told the WORLD TODAY, he’s just a Backup.

It’s good to know we have a Waterboy coming off the BENCH as a Backup.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

5. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-07-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-03-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Took them this long to realize this??

lke a moth & a flame, they can't stay away..

He knows his audience & he knows his media....

Joe Biden, anyone remember him?? Did he say anything today?? It's all about trump for the last 4+ years, non-stop........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The master con man at work.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-07-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Basically, the more DT is on TV, the higher his polling goes.

He knows that, so he's taking advantage of the corona crisis to boost his brand.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-07-2020)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Basically, the more DT is on TV, the higher his polling goes.

He knows that, so he's taking advantage of the corona crisis to boost his brand.
    Perhaps you could go on TV snd cheer the economic loss to millions of Americans and their families caused by the Chinese virus that China failed to contain...as you already have done.