Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Conservatives killed more Americans in last 4 weeks than AQ did last 19 years

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    We need to stop federally funding them and let them wither on the vine...finally!

take away their entitlements?.......no way........rolling my eyes.

We also need to stop begging for their votes. .Let them vote republican if they are not ready to move forward.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

LV426 (04-06-2020)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Hey - remember back in February when Adam Schiff said that the country will stand to lose "A LOT" if Trump isn't removed?

Flash thinks Schiff was just being dramatic, even as we have to order bodybags from Canada because BoThSiDeS!
    Yup........but this was already known in my community. We didn't need schiff to warn us.

"middle america" wont listen to us.....let's see if they listen to schiff.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

LV426 (04-06-2020)

5. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Mediocre is way to kind. These are POS. These mother f*****s are trying to kill the USPS as they have been trying to do for years. To kill mail in voting and to privatize.
    Well we .....correction some... of us already know how they crippled the post office with their greedy, thieving ass's.

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    take away their entitlements?.......no way........rolling my eyes.

We also need to stop begging for their votes. .Let them vote republican if they are not ready to move forward.
    Yes. Pandering to them makes them think their vote has more value than anyone else's. It gives them an inflated sense of self.

Can you imagine what politics would be like if those people were ignored the way every other minority (and women) are ignored now?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

And no, primaries weren't automatically cancelled. The GOP cancelled some of theirs to protect Trump. Primaries don't get "automatically cancelled"; they are only cancelled by the party or state in which they are happening. The GOP cancelled several primaries before the Outbreak. So they've already cancelled some. The precedent has been set.
    I think you are the one who is not prepared for our debate.

In some states the party/state must act to cancel the primary. But other states have provisions to automatically cancel the primary for lack of candidates.

"In a number of states, there are laws on the books that automatically cancel a primary election if only one candidate appears on the ballot. That was a significant contributor to the total number of cancellations in both of the 21st century cycles when an incumbent was seeking renomination. They accounted for a third of the cancellations on the Republican side in 2004 and almost half of them in the Democratic process in 2012."

http://centerforpolitics.org/crystal...ecent-history/

Cancelling primaries this year was understandable when you consider businesses were closed, crowds limited in size, and individuals staying home.

Again, you refusing to confront evidence doesn't mean evidence hasn't been presented. It means you've avoided it because it is inconvenient for your argument.
    My only argument is that we are not cancelling the 2020 election.

You presented no evidence about the election, only stating that we cancelled primaries and Trump opposes mail-in ballots. There is no evidence that relates to the election without a big stretch of the imagination.

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

All of that assumes (I know how much you hate assumptions, yet you're pinning your entire post on one) Trump and the Conservatives you've been coddling will adhere to the recommendations made by Fauci and the CDC.

So far, they haven't. They can't even get their message straight on a drug that has no clinical proof of treating COVID.

Also, when was that Fauci quote? How long ago was it? Back at the beginning, wasn't it? Bet his tune has changed now. Of course, we don't know for sure because Trump stopped letting Fauci speak at the press conferences. Fauci wasn't even there yesterday (or Saturday, I can't remember which day he was there...it might have been neither day).

So to summarize...

Trump knew about this disease back in December, then spent the next couple months lying about the disease, didn't call for social distancing at the appropriate time, and called the whole thing a hoax.

Now he says he opposes mail-in ballots as his fellow Conservatives (who you think are just the same as everyone else) also oppose it, saying they will lose if it happens.

So why wouldn't they try to cancel the election?
    It would be unconstitutional and politically stupid. For a while you have claimed every little thing Trump did was going to get him thrown out of office. Now, when you imagine he might do something that would get him kicked out, you think it wouldn't hurt him.

"Wisconsin’s Supreme Court ruled that the governor couldn’t postpone Tuesday’s election, throwing the primary and nearly 4,000 local races into chaos."
    Last edited by Flash; 04-06-2020 at 06:04 PM.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=LV426;3579782]Yes. Pandering to them makes them think their vote has more value than anyone else's. It gives them an inflated sense of self.

Can you imagine what politics would be like if those people were ignored the way every other minority (and women) are ignored now?

It would be a different WORLD.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Trump called it a hoax early on.
    LOL! No, he did not.

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Golfing
    Boy, I bet you hate it to reply to a person that has a memory.

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By November, COVID will re-surge and having everyone go out to the polls at the time will spread the disease, cause a spike in cases and deaths, and then force us all to go through social distancing AGAIN.

We know this because it's what Fauci has said.

So we need to have an all-mail election because otherwise, we re-spread the disease.

Flash, I know you're very naive and believe in the goodness of people, but you're a total fool here.
    Mail-in voting? Just another way for Democrats to cheat. America should have voter ID's to vote. Oh, yes, and only given to US citizens. That ought to fuck up the Democrats.

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    Mail-in voting? Just another way for Democrats to cheat. America should have voter ID's to vote. Oh, yes, and only given to US citizens. That ought to fuck up the Democrats.
    5 states already do mail-in balloting, as do all deployed service members, Americans abroad, and those who get absentee ballots.

So you accuse soldiers of voter fraud. Great look for you!

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

5 states already do mail-in balloting, as do all deployed service members, Americans abroad, and those who get absentee ballots.

So you accuse soldiers of voter fraud. Great look for you!
    I was deployed to the Far East as US Marine for over ten years. I voted by mail. I also know that the chance of my vote being counted was solely based on the party affiliation of those that were to count those votes. That is also the fate of most absentee ballots too.

I bet all the areas that allow mail-in voting are run by Democrats.

Safe voting would be voting in person, with a valid Voter photo ID, and voting on a paper ballot. Absentee voting and overseas voting can still be done by mail but understand that the chances of those votes being counted is poor.
    Last edited by a777pilot; 04-07-2020 at 09:47 AM.

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Which states have mail in voting?
    The three states that conduct voting exclusively with mail-in ballots are located in the western United States: Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. While Oregonians instituted all-mail voting in 1998, Washington made it official in 2011, and Colorado was the latest to make the change, in 2013.

Democrat controlled, i.e., just another way to cheat.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was deployed to the Far East as US Marine for over ten years. I voted by mail. I also know that the chance of my vote being counted was solely based on the party affiliation of those that were to count those votes. That is also the fate of most absentee ballots too.
    If you think that all ballots aren't counted, then I don't know what more to say to you. Don't vote at all, then.

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I bet all the areas that allow mail-in voting are run by Democrats.
    What do you want to bet? How about this...if I prove that it's not all Democratic-run, you have to doxx yourself?