Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservatives killed more Americans in last 4 weeks than AQ did last 19 years

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Truth hurts
    What would you know about the truth snowflake?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (04-06-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    On the morning of 4 NOV it will still be Trump.

Hey Democrats, what was Trump doing between 18 DEC 2019 and 5 FEB 2020?
    It's rampant leftist lunacy to blame this on anyone BUT the Chinese. But lunatic defines these America hating cunts.

The FACTS:

On December 31 last year, China alerted WHO to several cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan

January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus

January 7: The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus

January 11: The CDC issued a Level I travel health notice for Wuhan, Chinahttps://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

First case discovered in the US on January 19th. Arrived on January 15th.

January 20: Dr Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus

January 31: The Trump Administration:
    1. Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.
    2. Announced Chinese travel restrictions
    3. Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

February 24: The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion to help combat the spread of the coronavirus

February 29: The Trump Administration:
    . Announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and South Korea
    . Barred all travel to Iran
    . Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days

March 6: President Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the coronavirus outbreak.

WHO declares COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

a777pilot (04-06-2020), Earl (04-06-2020)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I didn't give anybody the benefit of the doubt
    But you are and you have.

That's what BoThSiDeRiSm is.

You've given them the benefit of the doubt about everything, and you refuse to hold them accountable.

Instead, you attack the institution of government instead of the bad actors in it.

If anything they tried to play it down in order to minimize its effects on the election.
    Ah, so if they were trying to minimize it because it might affect the election, isn't it possible they are utilizing it to settle political scores and rig the upcoming election by denying mail-in voting? So already, you've admitted they see this pandemic as political. So there's no reason at this point to have an effective federal response because no matter what, it is going to affect the election. So how do you overcome that? By canceling the election.

When they could no longer ignore the seriousness of its spread they tried to show concern and instituted needed measures.
    So by not taking this seriously and approaching it as a political problem from the start, you're saying they deliberately lied in order to make themselves look better.

So you're admitting their response has wholly been for their political interests, not the interests of the people.

So...does that mean that the non-COVID policies could also fall into that bucket too? Like tax cuts, for example?

Like, you can't ignore the seriousness of the tax cuts exploding the deficit and not leading to 3% growth, so why continue arguing in favor of that policy if not for purely political reasons?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-06-2020)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But to claim they want it to get worse so they can cancel the election is just crazy--more typical of those on the political extremes (and a higher dopamine level.)
    Here's what we know:

1. They are going to be blamed for this, no matter what.
    2. They have said that mail-in voting would "be devastating" to Conservatives because turnout would increase
    3. The last two election cycles (2018 & 2019) saw a flushing of Conservatives from power, and massive popular vote margins against them.
    4. Biden and Bernie were both leading Trump in almost every battleground state
    5. Because of this bungled response and the impeachment cover-up, the GOP is under serious threat to lose the Senate this fall, with Dems only needing to flip 4 seats among the 23 the GOP are defending.

So when you take all those things into account, how could you not want to cancel the election to remain in power and to avoid accountability.

Remember, the Weimar Republic stood until the Reichstag fire...which was the emergency excuse used by the Nazis to make Hitler Chancellor, and canceling democracy in Germany.

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You really have a very severe case of mental retardation you know that?
    Indeed and an avoidance of the cause of the world’s suffering and death...the Chinese.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-06-2020)

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Evidence.
    What kind of evidence?

Would something like withholding vital supplies to certain states, while providing more than what was requested to others, be an indication of deliberately causing this pandemic to spread?

11. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-06-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (04-06-2020)

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“the Weimar Republic stood until the Reichstag fire.”

Lol

This loon must be a Nazi.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

15. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Trump called it a hoax early on.
    No he didn't you lying fool. LINK to this lie please.

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    New York shut down about 4 weeks ago, while Florida had spring break on the beach with Florida just then other day closing up.
    New York is the epicenter, not Florida.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (04-06-2020)

17. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So when you take all those things into account, how could you not want to cancel the election to remain in power and to avoid accountability.
    Because he knows it is not a possibility. It would be political suicide--lead to impeachment and conviction, etc.

I don't think Trump and his supporters think he is going to lose. His approval rating is an all-time high (45.4%)["538"] and his numbers vs Democrats has narrowed. As long as they think they can win they are not going to consider anything stupid.

I have been reading about something I have noticed on JPP and other partisans. They all very optimistic about the chances their side will win. Both Democrats and Republicans thought they would gain seats in 2018. Now they are both convinced they will win in 2020.

I found studies which said the most committed partisans (generally the best informed) are the most uninformed about the opposition. Liberals give an hugely exaggerated guess at the number of Republicans who make over $250,000 and Republicans think a much higher percentage of Democrats are gay than there actually are (plus some additional descriptions).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earl (04-06-2020)

19. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    And do NOT forget, this is his ACCOMPLICE...Attachment 14865
    What does Mitch McConnel have to do with this? What does Trump have to do with this?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (04-06-2020)

21. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because he knows it is not a possibility. It would be political suicide--lead to impeachment and conviction, etc.
    He's already been impeached...so why would the Republicans remove him for trying to cancel the election when they wouldn't remove him for trying to rig it?

22. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-06-2020)

23. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't think Trump and his supporters think he is going to lose. His approval rating is an all-time high (45.4%)["538"] and his numbers vs Democrats has narrowed. As long as they think they can win they are not going to consider anything stupid
    They thought they were going to win in 2018, but that didn't stop them from trying to rig that election.

Trump literally said on TV last week that he opposes mail in balloting because it would lead to higher turnout.

Then David Ralston, the GOP House Speaker here in GA, said the exact same thing.

24. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have been reading about something I have noticed on JPP and other partisans. They all very optimistic about the chances their side will win. Both Democrats and Republicans thought they would gain seats in 2018. Now they are both convinced they will win in 2020.
    Why would Republicans win an election after killing over 10,000 Americans (so far) with their lies?

25. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I found studies which said the most committed partisans (generally the best informed) are the most uninformed about the opposition. Liberals give an hugely exaggerated guess at the number of Republicans who make over $250,000 and Republicans think a much higher percentage of Democrats are gay than there actually are (plus some additional descriptions).
    This has nothing to do with Trump and the Conservatives trying to cancel the election.

They were already caught trying to rig it, and Conservatives let it go unpunished.

So if they didn't remove him for trying to rig the 2020 election, why would they remove him for trying to cancel it? Why wouldn't they try to help him? They've already done so once.

26. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exonerated is forever.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post: