Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: hydroxychloroquine has serious side effects

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    You're lying about Trump claiming it to be a cure all. You're also lying that I claimed to be in the medical field.
    Trump is pushing it bigly and he stopped Fauci from answering a question about it. Trump knows the power of dangling hope in front of his followers. He knows they will tout it even after it is proven by tests to be worthless in Corona. I suppose Jared invested in it, Then we bought 30 million doses taking it away from people who get real relief for their illnesses. This is Trump's diversion of the day. He knows what his followers will do. read the posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-06-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not at all, yesterday he talked about it as if it was the answer, and that it should be mobilized as a remedy, even said he would take it to prove it was safe, like that would ever happen

And didn't you tell us that you worked at a hospital, that currently you are doing nothing because there was nothing happening at the hospital even with the corenavirus?
    Your first sentence proves that your earlier claim was "not correct".

Your second sentence, not accurate at all. My business, designing repairs for old homes, along with all the contractors that I work with, are deemed essential by the governor of my state. We are in fact busier than normal.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-06-2020), Truth Detector (04-06-2020)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump is pushing it bigly and he stopped Fauci from answering a question about it. Trump knows the power of dangling hope in front of his followers. He knows they will tout it even after it is proven by tests to be worthless in Corona. I suppose Jared invested in it, Then we bought 30 million doses taking it away from people who get real relief for their illnesses. This is Trump's diversion of the day. He knows what his followers will do. read the posts.
    Lot of supposition there. Makes it not worth discussing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-06-2020), Truth Detector (04-06-2020)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,472 Times in 52,478 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think it's cute that you pretend to be politically unbiased.

I'm not giving you or anyone else advice- in fact the complete opposite. My position is that doctors should be making these decisions on a case-by-case basis. Not a "consensus", but by one doctor for her patient. Not just my opinion, but my wife's, who is an MD.

You should educate yourself on the side effects of using a ventilator. If you are talking "last resort", that's it.
    I didn't say I wasn't politically biased, but thanks for twisting my words into your world view. It's interesting to me when you do so since it allows me a window into your mind.

If your wife is an MD, then she should educate you that all treatments involve risk and/or side effects. It's the doctor's job to provide treatment that is most effective for the least risk.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

9. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

If your wife is an MD, then she should educate you that all treatments involve risk and/or side effects. It's the doctor's job to provide treatment that is most effective for the least risk.
    That's been my point all along. Glad that you finally got it after a dozen or more posts lol.

My first post in this thread:
    Nearly every drug has side effects. That's why we have these things called "prescriptions", which are issued by doctors who review the patients susceptibility for those effects and assess the risks on a case-by-case basis, then monitor the patient.

Instead we have the Left cheer-leading for federal GovCo bureaucrats to take away that option. Talk about arrogance...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-06-2020)

11. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    President Donald Trump announced on television that his new miracle drug, hydroxychloroquine, is saving people’s lives. “What do you have to lose?” Trump asked Sunday. It’s possible to lose several things.

CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale explained that the Food and Drug Administration had not approved hydroxychloroquine for use on coronavirus. It has only been approved to treat various other issues like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and malaria.

Dr. Megan Ranney explained that as an emergency room doctor and research scientist herself, she wouldn’t use this drug to treat coronavirus unless it’s proven to be effective.
    “This drug has major side effects,” she explained, “including paranoia, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, suppression of your blood counts, so you became more susceptible to infections, it can cause severe cardiac arrhythmias that can even cause death.
    Why do you people desperately want this drug to be ineffective? Trump never claimed it was any kind of a miracle cure, liar. You people are sick, and evil as fuck.
    Every life matters

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

MAGA MAN (04-06-2020), Truth Detector (04-06-2020)

13. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Why do you people desperately want this drug to be ineffective? Trump never claimed it was any kind of a miracle cure, liar. You people are sick, and evil as fuck.
    They want to put everyone on ventilators instead, and cause permanent lung damage. Probably brain damage too, the side effect there is that the retarded tend to vote Democrat.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

countryboy (04-06-2020), Truth Detector (04-06-2020)

15. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

They want to put everyone on ventilators instead, and cause permanent lung damage. Probably brain damage too, the side effect there is that the retarded tend to vote Democrat.
    I heard once you get put on a ventilator your chances of survival are greatly reduced. 80% of those placed on ventilators do not make it.
    Every life matters

16. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-06-2020)

17. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

President Donald Trump announced on television that his new miracle drug, hydroxychloroquine, is saving people’s lives. “What do you have to lose?” Trump asked Sunday. It’s possible to lose several things.

CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale explained that the Food and Drug Administration had not approved hydroxychloroquine for use on coronavirus. It has only been approved to treat various other issues like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and malaria.

Dr. Megan Ranney explained that as an emergency room doctor and research scientist herself, she wouldn’t use this drug to treat coronavirus unless it’s proven to be effective.
    “This drug has major side effects,” she explained, “including paranoia, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, suppression of your blood counts, so you became more susceptible to infections, it can cause severe cardiac arrhythmias that can even cause death.
    As usual you're talking out your ass.
    FDA Issues Emergency Authorization to Treat COVID-19 With Malaria Drugs

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the use of two malarial drugs to treat and prevent COVID-19, the respiratory infection caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, despite only anecdotal evidence that either is proven effective in treating or slowing the progression of the disease in seriously ill patients.
    Under the emergency use authorization (EUA), millions of doses will be made available to doctors' patients through a Strategic National Stockpile "to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," announced the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in a statement.
    In laboratory studies, the oral prescription drugs have shown "activity" against coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2. As of now, the drugs are only approved to treat malaria and other diseases like arthritis.

"Clinical trials are needed to provide scientific evidence that these treatments are effective," adds DHHS. To determine whether either drug may be effective against the virus, a number of studies are currently ongoing. At the University of Washington, for example, researchers are working to determine whether hydroxychloroquine can prevent transmission in people exposed to the virus.
    https://www.ecowatch.com/fda-coronav...1#rebelltitem1

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-06-2020)

19. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    And guess what? Now there's a shortage. Patients who have Lupus who take it on a routine basis to keep the disease at bay are unable to get it due to clinics and patients taking it in order to maybe treat COVID.

https://www.arthritis.org/drug-guide...uenil-shortage
    It's the old damned if you do damned if you don't catch 22.

20. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Just the fact that he is touting this drug is criminal!!!

21. The Following User Groans At floridafan For This Awful Post:

22. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who's they?
    Making it up as you go
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

23. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Your first sentence proves that your earlier claim was "not correct".

Your second sentence, not accurate at all. My business, designing repairs for old homes, along with all the contractors that I work with, are deemed essential by the governor of my state. We are in fact busier than normal.
    That is not true, as I said, even yesterday he was out there pushing the drug

"Ignoring Expert Opinion, Trump Again Promotes Use of Hydroxychloroquine"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/05/u...18b1b8a3586a1c

No reason Trump as President should be throwing out possible remedies to the American public till they have been proven as effective by the medical community, it is creating false hopes in a time Americans need facts, as I said, irresponsible

Then it was another who claimed they or someone in their family worked at a hospital, my bad

24. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

26. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    It's the old damned if you do damned if you don't catch 22.
    Trump is pushing this drug,he's not a doctor!
    One of the side effects is going blind.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

27. The Following User Groans At Mason Michaels For This Awful Post:

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

29. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

CNN Fact checker????

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

30. The Following User Groans At Truth Detector For This Awful Post: