Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Are The People Who Care. Yeah. You Got That Right.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,423 Times in 53,289 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your OP certainly brought the roaches out of hiding, if nothing else.

I find it amusing that shut-in spinsters and wannabe Rambos sit at home in hiding, while using the Internet to scold others for "not helping" because they disagree with their politics and POV. Seriously, does posting here help *anyone* other than letting off some steam? If you're here posting and throwing shade on others, then obviously you are not doing anything to "help" during this time. That goes for me, too. OTOH I'm not running around pretending to be Mother Teresa and scolding others for not "helping."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-07-2020), Guno צְבִי (04-07-2020), PoliTalker (04-06-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I think this is where monarchy gains points: the Queen spoke to us all last night, and nobody got all worked up because she belonged to another political party.
    I saw that; what a moving talk she gave. How fortunate you are to have a leader who is capable of bringing ppl together when we most need it.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-07-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (04-07-2020), Phantasmal (04-07-2020), PoliTalker (04-06-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I saw that; what a moving talk she gave. How fortunate you are to have a leader who is capable of bringing ppl together when we most need it.
    you guys really are totalitarians.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you know the royals are all pedos.

see jimmy savile.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you guys really are totalitarians.
    The definition of that has evidently changed in the last few years then. Who knew that praising another country's leader is exactly the same as totalitarianism.

I wonder, given this new information, if it would be an appropriate time to mention all the times that #COVID45 has praised various foreign despots like Kim, Erdogan, Duterte, and of course his beloved Putin?

Nah. Low-hanging fruit.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The definition of that has evidently changed in the last few years then. Who knew that praising another country's leader is exactly the same as totalitarianism.

I wonder, given this new information, if it would be an appropriate time to mention all the times that #COVID45 has praised various foreign despots like Kim, Erdogan, Duterte, and of course his beloved Putin?

Nah. Low-hanging fruit.
    being a monarchist is being a totalitarian. the royals are disgusting, genocidal pedos.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Your OP certainly brought the roaches out of hiding, if nothing else.

I find it amusing that shut-in spinsters and wannabe Rambos sit at home in hiding, while using the Internet to scold others for "not helping" because they disagree with their politics and POV. Seriously, does posting here help *anyone* other than letting off some steam? If you're here posting and throwing shade on others, then obviously you are not doing anything to "help" during this time. That goes for me, too. OTOH I'm not running around pretending to be Mother Teresa and scolding others for not "helping."
    It is only logical that troubled minds will be envious of those who know serenity.

I don't let it bother me.

We are only on this planet for so long.

Might as well make the best of it.

Optimal posting for the clear mind does not include pissing matches with trolls.

And fortunately this place has the volume to allow one to filter out all the trolls and still leave plenty of substance.

Such as Penderyn's remark about the benefits of having a Monarchy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-06-2020)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,711 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    It's Monday morning. As I logged on here while listening to great music I thought about this wonderful medium, the internet, this chat room, how we have each of us taken the step of coming here, creating a persona, talking about politics, kicking these discussions around with no apparent purpose. But it does have purpose for us. Each of us gives something to the room, gets something from the room.

We are the people who care about what happens to the country. We listen to, watch, and read the news, try to stay in formed. We think bigger than ourselves. We think of the world and wonder where it's going, if we can have any effect on that.

We all share that interest.

My visits are very rewarding. I don't come here with hatred for anybody or anything. I come here with love and fascination for our amazing world. What we have here is SO COOL! To be HUMANS on planet EARTH! Most people never thought about how very special and cool that is. (Too bad more people don't value what we have...)

We haven't found anything like it as far as we've been able to explore the universe.

We are, as far as we know, totally unique. A blue planet surrounded by a relatively thin but very unique atmosphere which allows us all to live and thrive, fight wars, etc.

Sure places a bit of importance on taking care of the planet...

And we, here in JPP, who are willing to talk about politics, are the ones who are concerned enough to care about country and world. We all have well considered reasons for taking our positions on issues.

Most people are not very comfortable to talk about politics. They don't come to JPP, don't normally watch the news, or try to stay informed. They don't 'like it.' They just figure there's nothing they can do to have any power over what happens in the world, so they just let it go and focus their time elsewhere.

Our government derived it's original power from we, the people. Our whole country depends on people voting, yet 40% of eligible voters don't vote, and many others never even bother to register.

For the country to endure, the minimum responsibility as a citizen is to do our best to take care of our country. That means staying informed so that when we go vote, we are making decisions for well-informed reasons.

We, who talk politics, are the people who 'get it.'

That's cool.

Enjoy your day.
    There are a lot of posters who come here with bible under their arm, who wear their alleged Christianity on their sleeve, who claim to model their lives on the teachings of Jesus, who could learn a lot by reading this post

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-07-2020), Phantasmal (04-07-2020), PoliTalker (04-06-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-06-2020)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I'm not buying the OP. If one really cares then why the need to create a persona? Creating a persona is something you do in the WWF. You create an onscreen character you present to the public but that's not who you are in the real world.

Not to say people can't come here and create personas for entertainment and to troll others. But don't confuse that for caring.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (04-06-2020)

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    being a monarchist is being a totalitarian. the royals are disgusting, genocidal pedos.
    He said, without a trace of envy or bitterness.

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm not buying the OP. If one really cares then why the need to create a persona? Creating a persona is something you do in the WWF. You create an onscreen character you present to the public but that's not who you are in the real world.

Not to say people can't come here and create personas for entertainment and to troll others. But don't confuse that for caring.
    We do this anonymously. We have to select a name for a login. When we do that, we create a persona. How we behave here becomes the attributes of that persona. That can mean just being yourself under an assumed name, which is what I do, and I think you do as well. Or it can mean pretending to be others or multiple others. I don't get the pretender thing, but whatever. Makes for interesting conversation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

Very true. I know of at least a couple of those types just in this thread alone. lol

I'm pretty sure that most of us here don't harbor any illusions about changing the world with our posts -- or even changing a single mind. That isn't to say that there's no value to be found here. You can learn a lot about human behavior and psychology from the posts. You can learn how and what the "other side" thinks and how they arrive at their opinions and beliefs.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-06-2020)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He said, without a trace of envy or bitterness.
    they're all torture victims, who grow up to be perps. I don't envy them at all. I'm sad for them, trapped in their demonic intergenerational abuse cycle.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I pity all evildoers. there is a way out. there is free will. there is repentance. there is forgiveness. there is love.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Very true. I know of at least a couple of those types just in this thread alone. lol

I'm pretty sure that most of us here don't harbor any illusions about changing the world with our posts -- or even changing a single mind. That isn't to say that there's no value to be found here. You can learn a lot about human behavior and psychology from the posts. You can learn how and what the "other side" thinks and how they arrive at their opinions and beliefs.
    im positive im winning hearts and minds.

Trump Wins,
    by definition