Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Are The People Who Care. Yeah. You Got That Right.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default We Are The People Who Care. Yeah. You Got That Right.

It's Monday morning. As I logged on here while listening to great music I thought about this wonderful medium, the internet, this chat room, how we have each of us taken the step of coming here, creating a persona, talking about politics, kicking these discussions around with no apparent purpose. But it does have purpose for us. Each of us gives something to the room, gets something from the room.

We are the people who care about what happens to the country. We listen to, watch, and read the news, try to stay in formed. We think bigger than ourselves. We think of the world and wonder where it's going, if we can have any effect on that.

We all share that interest.

My visits are very rewarding. I don't come here with hatred for anybody or anything. I come here with love and fascination for our amazing world. What we have here is SO COOL! To be HUMANS on planet EARTH! Most people never thought about how very special and cool that is. (Too bad more people don't value what we have...)

We haven't found anything like it as far as we've been able to explore the universe.

We are, as far as we know, totally unique. A blue planet surrounded by a relatively thin but very unique atmosphere which allows us all to live and thrive, fight wars, etc.

Sure places a bit of importance on taking care of the planet...

And we, here in JPP, who are willing to talk about politics, are the ones who are concerned enough to care about country and world. We all have well considered reasons for taking our positions on issues.

Most people are not very comfortable to talk about politics. They don't come to JPP, don't normally watch the news, or try to stay informed. They don't 'like it.' They just figure there's nothing they can do to have any power over what happens in the world, so they just let it go and focus their time elsewhere.

Our government derived it's original power from we, the people. Our whole country depends on people voting, yet 40% of eligible voters don't vote, and many others never even bother to register.

For the country to endure, the minimum responsibility as a citizen is to do our best to take care of our country. That means staying informed so that when we go vote, we are making decisions for well-informed reasons.

We, who talk politics, are the people who 'get it.'

That's cool.

Enjoy your day.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-06-2020), Trumpet (04-06-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    It's Monday morning. As I logged on here while listening to great music I thought about this wonderful medium, the internet, this chat room, how we have each of us taken the step of coming here, creating a persona, talking about politics, kicking these discussions around with no apparent purpose. But it does have purpose for us. Each of us gives something to the room, gets something from the room.

We are the people who care about what happens to the country. We listen to, watch, and read the news, try to stay in formed. We think bigger than ourselves. We think of the world and wonder where it's going, if we can have any effect on that.

My visits are very rewarding. I don't come here with hatred for anybody or anything. I come here with love and fascination for our amazing world. What we have here is SO COOL! To be HUMANS on planet EARTH! Most people never thought about how very special and cool that is. (Too bad more people don't value what we have...)

We haven't found anything like it as far as we've been able to explore the universe.

We are, as far as we know, totally unique. A blue planet surrounded by a relatively thin but very unique atmosphere which allows us all to live and thrive, fight wars, etc.

And we, here in JPP, who are willing to talk about politics, are the ones who are concerned enough to care about country and world. We all have well considered reasons for taking our positions on issues.

Most people are not very comfortable to talk about politics. They don't come to JPP, don't normally watch the news, or try to stay informed. They don't 'like it.' They just figure there's nothing they can do to have any power over what happens in the world, so they just let it go and focus their time elsewhere.

Our government derived it's original power from we, the people. Our whole country depends on people voting, yet 40% of eligible voters don't vote, and many others never even bother to register.

For the country to endure, the minimum responsibility as a citizen is to do our best to take care of our country. That means staying informed so that when we go vote, we are making decisions for well-informed reasons.

That's cool.

Enjoy your day.
    can you possibly blow more smoke up your own ass? fascinating...
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

countryboy (04-06-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

have you even checked into the dangers of 5g, captain enlightenment?
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

That's cool.

Enjoy your day.
    And yet it took all of ONE responding post by a certified trumpanzee ASSCLOWN to ruin the moment. Nice job ASSFRAUD....(
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-07-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-06-2020), Trumpet (04-06-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's cool.

Enjoy your day.
    so what will you be doing today...or this week...to show your care and concern for our country?
    There's a thread to share...I can link you to it if you like

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Tacomaman,

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    And yet it took all of ONE responding post by a certified trumpanzee ASSCLOWN to ruin the moment. Nice job ASSFRAUD....(
    Oh, the moment doesn't have to be ruined at all. If somebody is ruining your moment I would suggest just placing people who do that on Ignore. There are really so many great minds here you won't miss the trolls. Put all your trolls on Ignore. Then the moment is never ruined. Whatever might have been said didn't bother me. I never saw it. On purpose!

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    You people "ruin the moment" every time you post. So seriously, shut the fuck up already. You're not helping.
    Every life matters

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Indeed They don't want to help...

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have sometimes wondered why there is no official national chat room.

Ya know?

We have this government (which many of us absolutely HATE,) that we created ourselves, supposedly of the people, by the people, for the people. A government founded on the principle of Democracy. Government of the governed by the consent of the governed. It is a representative government conceived to centralize the intents and needs of the populace and formulate that into policy.

Our government was formed in the time of paper writing and the fastest messaging was horse and courier. Our technology has progressed so much since then, but we haven't really incorporated the complete power of the internet into our representative government.

What if our Congress ran a chat room in which citizens could comment, ask public questions of politicians, and staff members would answer? Or even the office holder themselves if they chose to.

That would be direct representation.

What if there were official federal, state and local chat rooms where Americans could have an active dialog with their Representatives, Senators, Governors and Mayors?

Why can't we do that?

What. Do they think it would be too popular?

Not judging by respectful participation here. You see, an official government chat room would have to have stringent moderation. Personal attacks would not be allowed. The purpose of such a board would be to discuss issues, not one another. Everybody would have to be respectful or it wouldn't work. I bet that would drastically limit participation there. If people from here tried to participate there, most of them would be banned.

How many are we here at JPP, really?

50?

A few hundred?

Why aren't more people concerned enough to do this?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    so what will you be doing today...or this week...to show your care and concern for our country?
    There's a thread to share...I can link you to it if you like
    Yeah, they "care" so much, they trash the president for every single little thing he does or says. You know, like being concerned about the economy? Gee, what would the death toll of a Great Depression part 2 look like? These anti-American idiots are giddy with glee hoping for that shit. But yeah, they "care". GTFOutta here.
    Every life matters

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Yeah, they "care" so much, they trash the president for every single little thing he does or says. You know, like being concerned about the economy? Gee, what would the death toll of a Great Depression part 2 look like? These anti-American idiots are giddy with glee hoping for that shit. But yeah, they "care". GTFOutta here.
    Thankfully,the majority of Americans are focused on working together, to get us all through this difficult time..Even the most liberal of our neighbors, and trust me, this town is Very liberal....are putting politics and hate for the president/conservatives aside to work through this...Ohio is a shining example of what the rest of the country should be doing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

countryboy (04-06-2020)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I found something we all share in common.

With so much going so wrong and being so threatening in this world, it's good to remember we do have things in common.

Even those of us here at JPP.

We are the people who care enough to want to talk about politics.

That takes a certain amount of nerve.

We've all got that, that willingness to speak up.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know this is the kind of thread that dies fast around here. No hatred. No controversy. Only appreciation for what we have. Nobody wants to talk about that. I get it. But I submit that fighting nasty about politics is an addictive habit, not a good one, and it is a habit which can be broken, risen above, and left behind.

There is much to discuss without poisoning that by making things personal.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (04-06-2020)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think this is where monarchy gains points: the Queen spoke to us all last night, and nobody got all worked up because she belonged to another political party.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-07-2020), Guno צְבִי (04-07-2020), Phantasmal (04-07-2020), PoliTalker (04-06-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-06-2020)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I think this is where monarchy gains points: the Queen spoke to us all last night, and nobody got all worked up because she belonged to another political party.
    Yup. Good point.

We've got nothing like that.

The only royalty we've got around here are the self-annointed kind.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-07-2020), Guno צְבִי (04-07-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (04-07-2020)