Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80

Thread: TRUMP RIGHT AGAIN:Thousands of NY COVID patients being treated w/ anti-malarial drug

  1. #31 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    48,650
    Thanks
    62,856
    Thanked 28,243 Times in 18,491 Posts
    Groans
    2,022
    Groaned 3,069 Times in 2,865 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    No you don't troll. Who do you think you're fooling with your multiple sock trolls? Thanks for reminding me to put you back on ignore, and ban you from any threads I post though.
    He’s Legion Troll
    kag: to choke something down in disgust

    Keep America Gagging

  2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

    Earl (04-08-2020), Grajonca (04-08-2020)

  3. #32 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    14,413
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

    DESPITE DESPERATE EFFORTS TO BLOCK THE USE OF THIS DRUG, AND DOWNPLAY ANY SUCCESS IT MAY HAVE, (AS THAT WOULD BE SEEN AS A PLUS FOR THE POTUS), AS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MANY ARE DESPERATE TO PROLONG THE PANIC AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, BY BLOCKING ITS USE, INCLUDING FAUCI, WHO HAS BECOME ENAMORED OF THE CAMERAS....CLEARLY.
    :




    Thousands of NY COVID patients are being treated with anti-malarial drug



    As many as 4,000 seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York are being treated with the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, state health officials say.

    President Trump has touted hydroxychloroquine as a potential life-saver, although there is no widespread scientific evidence to date showing it helps battle COVID-19.

    But Gov. Andrew Cuomo last month said healthcare providers in the state would be using the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax, or azithromycin, for some last-ditch cases, based on potentially promising research.

    “Time is of the essence,’’ said Albany University Public Health Dean David Holtgrave, who is on the state’s research team, in a statement.

    A state Health Department official said the DOH has shipped doses of hydroxychloroquine to 56 hospitals across New York, distributing enough “to treat 4,000 patients to date.”



    https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/ny-cor...malarial-drug/

    You mean MURDOCH'S PAPER? Wonder if the Murdoch's bought any stock? Probably not, they're SMARTER.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

  4. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

    Earl (04-08-2020)

  5. #33 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    13,391
    Thanks
    2,329
    Thanked 8,458 Times in 5,962 Posts
    Groans
    555
    Groaned 478 Times in 455 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

    DESPITE DESPERATE EFFORTS TO BLOCK THE USE OF THIS DRUG, AND DOWNPLAY ANY SUCCESS IT MAY HAVE, (AS THAT WOULD BE SEEN AS A PLUS FOR THE POTUS), AS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MANY ARE DESPERATE TO PROLONG THE PANIC AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, BY BLOCKING ITS USE, INCLUDING FAUCI, WHO HAS BECOME ENAMORED OF THE CAMERAS....CLEARLY.
    :




    Thousands of NY COVID patients are being treated with anti-malarial drug



    As many as 4,000 seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York are being treated with the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, state health officials say.

    President Trump has touted hydroxychloroquine as a potential life-saver, although there is no widespread scientific evidence to date showing it helps battle COVID-19.

    But Gov. Andrew Cuomo last month said healthcare providers in the state would be using the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax, or azithromycin, for some last-ditch cases, based on potentially promising research.

    “Time is of the essence,’’ said Albany University Public Health Dean David Holtgrave, who is on the state’s research team, in a statement.

    A state Health Department official said the DOH has shipped doses of hydroxychloroquine to 56 hospitals across New York, distributing enough “to treat 4,000 patients to date.”










    https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/ny-cor...malarial-drug/
    UH OH......I sense some triggered libs comin' on.

    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  6. #34 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    6,666
    Thanks
    1,805
    Thanked 1,228 Times in 994 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 295 Times in 281 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    UH OH......I sense some triggered libs comin' on.

    Calm down. It's okay.

  7. The Following User Groans At AProudLefty For This Awful Post:

    Earl (04-08-2020)

  8. #35 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    77,574
    Thanks
    1,926
    Thanked 10,123 Times in 6,653 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 429 Times in 399 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Do you think Presidents should be in the business of recommending drugs to Drs.? Or do you think Dr. should decide what is best? Don’t you think it’s wrong to give people false hope? It isn’t a one size fits all. It also gives people the idea there is a cure, so they are free to visit Walmart with their families or go to church and it will be okay because Trump says there are drugs that work. I think the President needs to stay in his lane and let Fauci talk about the medical issues.
    I think Presidents can talk about drugs that appear to be working elsewhere, even if they are somebody I don't like. Often I think Presidents say things to give folks some hope. In this case it looks like he wasn't making it up and it wasn't false hope. We're not there yet, but thankfully people are allowed to try.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

    Earl (04-08-2020), Grajonca (04-08-2020)

  10. #36 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,788
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,353 Posts
    Groans
    9
    Groaned 137 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

    DESPITE DESPERATE EFFORTS TO BLOCK THE USE OF THIS DRUG, AND DOWNPLAY ANY SUCCESS IT MAY HAVE, (AS THAT WOULD BE SEEN AS A PLUS FOR THE POTUS), AS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MANY ARE DESPERATE TO PROLONG THE PANIC AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, BY BLOCKING ITS USE, INCLUDING FAUCI, WHO HAS BECOME ENAMORED OF THE CAMERAS....CLEARLY.
    :




    Thousands of NY COVID patients are being treated with anti-malarial drug



    As many as 4,000 seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York are being treated with the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, state health officials say.

    President Trump has touted hydroxychloroquine as a potential life-saver, although there is no widespread scientific evidence to date showing it helps battle COVID-19.

    But Gov. Andrew Cuomo last month said healthcare providers in the state would be using the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax, or azithromycin, for some last-ditch cases, based on potentially promising research.

    “Time is of the essence,’’ said Albany University Public Health Dean David Holtgrave, who is on the state’s research team, in a statement.

    A state Health Department official said the DOH has shipped doses of hydroxychloroquine to 56 hospitals across New York, distributing enough “to treat 4,000 patients to date.”










    https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/ny-cor...malarial-drug/


    -Covid numbers are doctored & wrong
    -80% have mild or no symptoms & only the already sick are dying
    -Dems praised Trump's handling
    -Studies: we will all eventually get COVID regardless
    -Lockdowns don't work & do far more harm
    -Dems caused equipment shortages, FDA delays, blocked emergency relief & distracted us with impeachment

    Mail-in voting = election theft:

    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/signaturepics/sigpic7516_32.gif

  11. #37 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    48,650
    Thanks
    62,856
    Thanked 28,243 Times in 18,491 Posts
    Groans
    2,022
    Groaned 3,069 Times in 2,865 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I think Presidents can talk about drugs that appear to be working elsewhere, even if they are somebody I don't like. Often I think Presidents say things to give folks some hope. In this case it looks like he wasn't making it up and it wasn't false hope. We're not there yet, but thankfully people are allowed to try.
    Well, no surprise here, we once, again disagree.

    Always nice to chat with you.
    kag: to choke something down in disgust

    Keep America Gagging

  12. The Following 2 Users Groan At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

    Earl (04-08-2020), Grajonca (04-08-2020)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-17-2020)

  14. #38 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    22,920
    Thanks
    7,095
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    433
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

    DESPITE DESPERATE EFFORTS TO BLOCK THE USE OF THIS DRUG, AND DOWNPLAY ANY SUCCESS IT MAY HAVE, (AS THAT WOULD BE SEEN AS A PLUS FOR THE POTUS), AS IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MANY ARE DESPERATE TO PROLONG THE PANIC AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, BY BLOCKING ITS USE, INCLUDING FAUCI, WHO HAS BECOME ENAMORED OF THE CAMERAS....CLEARLY.
    :




    Thousands of NY COVID patients are being treated with anti-malarial drug



    As many as 4,000 seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York are being treated with the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, state health officials say.

    President Trump has touted hydroxychloroquine as a potential life-saver, although there is no widespread scientific evidence to date showing it helps battle COVID-19.

    But Gov. Andrew Cuomo last month said healthcare providers in the state would be using the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax, or azithromycin, for some last-ditch cases, based on potentially promising research.

    “Time is of the essence,’’ said Albany University Public Health Dean David Holtgrave, who is on the state’s research team, in a statement.

    A state Health Department official said the DOH has shipped doses of hydroxychloroquine to 56 hospitals across New York, distributing enough “to treat 4,000 patients to date.”










    https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/ny-cor...malarial-drug/
    After denying & causing thousands, perhaps 10's of thousands of unnecessary deaths he now sets himself up to be a savior......

    & the band plays on......

    "Corporate America today is the lobbying arm of the Chinese Communist Party and Wall Street is the investor relations department," Steve Bannon.

    "Tell the truth, I think, for a change," Carter told MSNBC when asked what advice he would give Trump.

  15. #39 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    33,134
    Thanks
    9,317
    Thanked 21,926 Times in 14,372 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,028 Times in 984 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Do you think Presidents should be in the business of recommending drugs to Drs.? Or do you think Dr. should decide what is best? Don’t you think it’s wrong to give people false hope? It isn’t a one size fits all. It also gives people the idea there is a cure, so they are free to visit Walmart with their families or go to church and it will be okay because Trump says there are drugs that work. I think the President needs to stay in his lane and let Fauci talk about the medical issues.
    For starters, anyone is free to give doctors advice lol.

    I think that’s covered under the First Amendment. Granted, doctors will more often leave the advice than take it. In this instance, Trump was talking about a treatment *that shows some promise*.

    Big deal. It’s not like doctors were compelled act on the advice. In fact, most, if not all, doctors treating COVID patients were already aware of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID infections.

    Lastly, *why shouldn’t* the president make the general public aware that chloroquine shows *some promise* in treating COVID infections?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    Earl (04-08-2020)

  17. #40 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfuck View Post
    You mean MURDOCH'S PAPER? Wonder if the Murdoch's bought any stock? Probably not, they're SMARTER.


    Rebut the substance, not the source.


  18. #41 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I think Presidents can talk about drugs that appear to be working elsewhere, even if they are somebody I don't like. Often I think Presidents say things to give folks some hope. In this case it looks like he wasn't making it up and it wasn't false hope. We're not there yet, but thankfully people are allowed to try.
    Trump may ultimately be right, and physicians report anecdotal evidence that has provided hope.

    The Food and Drug Administration, which has approved hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for malaria and lupus, issued an emergency order late last month allowing doctors to administer it to coronavirus patients if they saw fit. President Trump said the federal government would distribute 29 million doses and that he had called Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India requesting more.

    New York City’s Health and Hospitals Corporation, which runs its public hospitals, is advising but not requiring doctors to use hydroxychloroquine based on a trial showing a decreased cough and fever with mild side effects in two patients, Dr. Mitchell Katz, who oversees the hospital system, said by email on Monday.

    Dr. Roy M. Gulick, the chief of infectious diseases at Weill Cornell Medicine, said hydroxychloroquine was given on a case-by-case basis.

    Doctors at Northwell Health and Mount Sinai Health System are using it as well. At the Mount Sinai South Nassau County branch on Long Island, doctors have employed a regimen of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin “pretty much since day one”, said Dr. Adhi Sharma, its chief medical officer.

    “I certainly understand why the president is pushing it,” said Dr. Joshua Rosenberg, a critical care at Brooklyn Hospital Center. “He’s the president of the United States. He has to project hope. And when you are in a situation without hope, things go very badly. So I’m not faulting him for pushing it even if there isn’t a lot of science behind it, because it is, at this point, the best, most available option for use.”

    At St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx, another doctor said his staff was giving it to coronavirus patients but criticized the president and Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo for “cheerleading” the drug.

    Mr. Cuomo told reporters on Monday that he would ask Mr. Trump to increase the federal supply of hydroxychloroquine to New York pharmacies, allowing the state to lift a limit on purchases. “There has been anecdotal evidence that it is promising,” Mr. Cuomo said.


    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/u...aria-drug.html

  19. #42 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    No you don't troll. Who do you think you're fooling with your multiple sock trolls? Thanks for reminding me to put you back on ignore, and ban you from any threads I post though.
    Do what you like, grandpa. If you use fallacious arguments, I will be there to remind you that it's spurious, whenever possible.

    Be better.

  20. #43 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasist View Post
    Well, no surprise here, we once, again disagree. Always nice to chat with you.
    Liar. You should be impeached, imbecile, and we both know why.

  21. #44 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    For starters, anyone is free to give doctors advice lol.

    I think that’s covered under the First Amendment. Granted, doctors will more often leave the advice than take it. In this instance, Trump was talking about a treatment *that shows some promise*.

    Big deal. It’s not like doctors were compelled act on the advice. In fact, most, if not all, doctors treating COVID patients were already aware of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID infections.

    Lastly, *why shouldn’t* the president make the general public aware that chloroquine shows *some promise* in treating COVID infections?
    "Several generic drug-makers are gearing up to produce hydroxychloroquine pills, including Amneal Pharmaceuticals, whose co-founder Chirag Patel is a member of Trump National Golf Course Bedminster in New Jersey and has golfed with Mr. Trump at least twice since he became president, according to a person who saw them.

    Mr. Patel, whose company is based in Bridgewater, N.J., did not respond to a request for comment. Amneal announced last month that it would increase production of the drug and donate millions of pills to New York and other states. Other generic drug-makers are ramping up production, including Mylan and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries."

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html


    Can any liberal explain how the president will profit from pills made by companies that he apparently owns no interest in when at least one of them is donating the drug for free to New York and other states?

  22. #45 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    8,809
    Thanks
    5,406
    Thanked 5,886 Times in 3,955 Posts
    Groans
    146
    Groaned 199 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post

    You mean MURDOCH'S PAPER? Wonder if the Murdoch's bought any stock? Probably not, they're SMARTER.
    WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT. SEE HOW DESPERATE THE LYINGASS, TREASONOUS CORON-A-CRATS ARE TO TRY TO LIE ABOUT THE BEST TREATMENT WE HAVE, TO KEEP THEIR "PRECIOUS CRISIS" GOING, NO MATTER HOW MANY AMERICANS DIE FROM THEIR LIES...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE .


    De Oppresso Liber

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 11:51 AM
  2. ANSWERS!! RUDY GULIANI is TRUMP'S MALARIAL 'DRUG WHISPERER'
    By Centerleftfl in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2020, 07:09 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2020, 03:17 AM
  4. Florida man with coronavirus = anti-malarial drug saved his life
    By Grokmaster in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-29-2020, 11:11 AM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-26-2020, 04:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •