Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SURGEON GEN just said, "This will be the HARDEST/SADDEST WK of most American LIVES"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,448 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    100% serious. There is no going back to the world we once knew.
    OMG! You were serious? Get a fucking grip, fella. Yes, this is a watershed moment in history like Watergate or the Clinton impeachment, even 9/11, but it's not the Apocalypse or the end of the United States of America.

I have more guns than you have ever even touched. Shut the fuck up.
    Really? How many do you have? I have about two dozen although, but to be honest, I haven't counted them all. Over 5000 rounds of ammo. That doesn't include a bow and two crossbows.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    It's OURS now.
    Certainly our problem now. Those blaming it on China are wasting time better spent on solving the problem. Even if everything they say is 100% true, so what? It won't stop the next outbreak, the next flu season. The best solution is to fund medical research, reexamine our preparedness structure and plan how we will handle not only this problem but future ones.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Trumpet (04-05-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

100% serious. There is no going back to the world we once knew.
    I am inclined to believe you but am not quite so pessimistic. I just despair at how easily we've allowed our freedoms to be taken away.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I am inclined to believe you but am not quite so pessimistic. I just despair at how easily we've allowed our freedoms to be taken away.
    Gone forever. Hope your kids know how to sew burlap bags, because they aren't going to have economic opportunity either. My guess is we'll be reset about 100 years.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Next week will most probably be a horrendous week for many. Wont have all that much to do with Corona though. Lots of things at play here that most have no idea even exist. The good news? This too will pass. When it does we will get on with the work of rebuilding and putting this behind us. The big question is........ will you be a builder? Or a destroyer?

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Well, no.

“President Trump's approval numbers are as high as they've ever been throughout his presidency as he deals with the coronavirus outbreak, according to the latest Gallup poll.

The poll shows 60 percent of Americans approve of the president's handling of his actions to combat the virus. That includes 94 percent of Republicans and 60 percent of Independents, while just 27 percent of Democrats approve of the president's handling of the outbreak.

Meanwhile, his overall job approval is at 49 percent, which is tied for the highest he has ever been when polled by Gallup. Trump jumped 5 points in the tracking poll from earlier this month.”
    foxnews.com
    Earl, you need to use the most recent polls.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Trump said it. Birx said it. Now the Surgeon General. What the hell is going to happen this week? Notice he did not say COULD be.

Oh well, as long as he didn't say ALL Americans lives, everything is good!

Surgeon general: 'This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week of most Americans' lives'

BY ZACK BUDRYK - 04/05/20 09:31 AM EDT 193

© UPI Photo

U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams warned Sunday amid the coronavirus pandemic that the week ahead
    would be the “hardest and the saddest” of “most Americans’ lives.”

“This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week of most Americans’ lives,” Adams said on “Fox News Sunday."

“This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment and our 9/11 moment only it’s not going to be localized, it’s going to be happening all over the country,” Adams said.
    He added, however, that there "is a light at the end of the tunnel if everyone does their part for the next 30 days.”

“There is hope but we’ve also got to all do our part.”

Host Chris Wallace also pressed Adams on President Trump’s repeated promotion of the antimalarial drug hydrochloroquine as a coronavirus treatment. The drug has not been approved for that use and experts have warned a run on supplies could lead to a shortage for those who need it for its FDA-approved uses.

“Here’s what we’ve advised the president: When people are in a tragic situation, we want them to be able to have a conversation with their healthcare provider about everything they can do to save their lives,” Adams responded. “We feel a little bit better regarding its safety than we do about a completely novel drug.”...

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...nd-the-saddest
    And if he is wrong?

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    All predicated on the assumption that the rest of the country has the same factors as NYC lol.
    The only factor assumed to be the same as NYC is that people in these communities interface with one another, that an individuals have conversations.

Dr Fauci said it can be transmitted simply by talking to another person within a few feet of them.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    While it's tragic for some, this is actually good news. Even if the deaths tripled over the next 2 weeks, that means less than 27,000 deaths in a nation of 328M. It's a given that this rate would stay low if present measures stay in place, not just going back to normal after Easter.
    The peak in the death rate will be that last peak to occur.

First we need to see the peak in the number of active cases.

Then comes the peak in hospitalizations.

And finally the peak in the death rate.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

The only factor assumed to be the same as NYC is that people in these communities interface with one another, that an individuals have conversations.

Dr Fauci said it can be transmitted simply by talking to another person within a few feet of them.
    Lying again, he never said that. Could you please stop with the lying?
    Every life matters

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

The peak in the death rate will be that last peak to occur.

First we need to see the peak in the number of active cases.

Then comes the peak in hospitalizations.

And finally the peak in the death rate.
    I think what they are talking about is flattening the curve, meaning we'll hit the peak death rate in the next two weeks, but not the final death tally for COVID-19.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump said it. Birx said it. Now the Surgeon General. What the hell is going to happen this week? Notice he did not say COULD be.

Oh well, as long as he didn't say ALL Americans lives, everything is good!

Surgeon general: 'This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week of most Americans' lives'

BY ZACK BUDRYK - 04/05/20 09:31 AM EDT 193

© UPI Photo

U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams warned Sunday amid the coronavirus pandemic that the week ahead
    would be the “hardest and the saddest” of “most Americans’ lives.”

“This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week of most Americans’ lives,” Adams said on “Fox News Sunday."

“This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment and our 9/11 moment only it’s not going to be localized, it’s going to be happening all over the country,” Adams said.
    He added, however, that there "is a light at the end of the tunnel if everyone does their part for the next 30 days.”

“There is hope but we’ve also got to all do our part.”

Host Chris Wallace also pressed Adams on President Trump’s repeated promotion of the antimalarial drug hydrochloroquine as a coronavirus treatment. The drug has not been approved for that use and experts have warned a run on supplies could lead to a shortage for those who need it for its FDA-approved uses.

“Here’s what we’ve advised the president: When people are in a tragic situation, we want them to be able to have a conversation with their healthcare provider about everything they can do to save their lives,” Adams responded. “We feel a little bit better regarding its safety than we do about a completely novel drug.”...

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...nd-the-saddest
    Why would he say that, I can kill this flu with lysol.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lying again, he never said that. Could you please stop with the lying?
    Dr. Fauci did say that the disease can be transmitted by simply talking to another person.

https://www.kwxx.com/2020/04/04/dr-f...read-covid-19/
    Fauci said an accumulation of data now shows that people with no symptoms at all can transmit the virus, and can do so merely by speaking. Fauci said evidence now shows that just speaking can send out small particles of the virus—not very far, just a few feet—but nevertheless, a mask can help prevent people who have no idea they have COVID-19 from spreading the disease.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

countryboy (04-05-2020)

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dr. Fauci did say that the disease can be transmitted by simply talking to another person.

https://www.kwxx.com/2020/04/04/dr-f...read-covid-19/
    Fauci said an accumulation of data now shows that people with no symptoms at all can transmit the virus, and can do so merely by speaking. Fauci said evidence now shows that just speaking can send out small particles of the virus—not very far, just a few feet—but nevertheless, a mask can help prevent people who have no idea they have COVID-19 from spreading the disease.
    I stand corrected.
    Every life matters

17. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-05-2020)

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    “Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31, top Democrats and media figures immediately derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic -- and they are now beating a hasty retreat from that position as the coronavirus continues to ravage the economy and cause scores of deaths.

Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced, and arguing that Trump "is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency." Biden, on Wednesday, didn't criticize the travel ban in any way, and instead accused Trump of "downplaying" the virus early on in remarks to Fox News.

"I had Biden calling me xenophobic," Trump told Fox News' "Hannity" on March 26. "He called me a racist, because of the fact that he felt it was a racist thing to stop people from China coming in."

In March, another Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., conspicuously insisted at a Fox News town hall that he wouldn't consider closing the U.S. border to prevent the spread of coronavirus, before condemning what he called the president's xenophobia. The Vermont senator has since taken to promoting "Medicare-for-All" and workers' rights amid the outbreak, while deferring to health experts on border closings.”
    foxnews,com
    Timeline of Trump’s ignorant bullshit and lirs:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...outputType=amp