Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Democrats try to give taxpayer-funded emergency relief to illegal immigrants

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

has anyone taken a look at how many of our hotspots are sanctuary cities?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (04-05-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

With their open borders and sanctuary cities, the Democrats, literally, have blood on their hands.
    Well, not literally, but I know what you're saying.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to artichoke For This Post:

Earl (04-05-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I have not been following this at all. But if people have been paying FICA and payroll taxes, legal or not, they should get the benefits of said taxation.

I'd prefer that they not be here without a work visa, but if we don't enforce a law, that does not give us the right to screw those who broke it...
    I disagree. Them paying pennies in taxes in exchange for utterly raping our country into oblivion ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT entitle them to a damn thing...except deportation papers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to artichoke For This Post:

Earl (04-05-2020)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    has anyone taken a look at how many of our hotspots are sanctuary cities?.....
    If Democrats won't stop enabling this treason, maybe COVID will take care of the problem for us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to artichoke For This Post:

Earl (04-05-2020)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've heard illegals are complaining that Trump's wall is obstructing them from leaving for Mexico and Central America where they are safe from the virus......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I've heard illegals are complaining that Trump's wall is obstructing them from leaving for Mexico and Central America where they are safe from the virus......
    I would love for this to be true. Karma.

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

Congressman Lou Correa (D-CA - 46), joined by Congresswoman Judy Chu and Congressman Raúl Grijalva, introduced the Leave No Taxpayer Behind Act to correct an egregious error in the $2 trillion CAREs Act that disqualified illegal immigrants from receiving federal cash assistance. The Leave No Taxpayer Behind Act amends the CAREs Act to ensure that all residents regardless of the immigration status are eligible for their $1,200 relief check.

Rep. Lou Correa said, “I was appalled to learn hardworking immigrants were left out of the $2 trillion CARES Act. These immigrants work in critical sectors of our economy, like agriculture, and contribute greatly to our country. While many of us sit at home, these hardworking immigrants are still at work in our hospitals, our fields, and countless other industries. The coronavirus doesn’t care about a person’s wealth, job, or immigration status. By casting out immigrants, we are placing some of our most vulnerable residents in grave danger. Every individual, irrespective of citizenship status, needs government assistance now.”

Rep. Judy Chu said, “The CARES Act is meant to help our whole economy survive this crisis. You cannot do that by excluding entire segments of the population. This virus does not care about immigration status. It does not discriminate and neither should we. Immigrants own businesses and homes, support families, and pay rent, and contribute to their communities. Making it impossible for them to receive the same benefit we are sending to everyone else just means those immigrants will have a harder time affording food or rent, and that leaves us all worse off. I hope to see this corrected in the next relief package.”

Rep. Grijalva said, “Immigrants—regardless of their status—are working in some of the most important jobs keeping our economy running during this difficult time. COVID-19 doesn’t discriminate. It impacts all communities and people of all backgrounds. Our relief programs shouldn’t discriminate against those who need help during this crisis, and this legislation ensures that immigrants can get the economic relief they deserve.”

https://tinyurl.com/uj6cxxr

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Indeed.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans