Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What this crisis reveals about US?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome Benny seso,

Quote Originally Posted by Benny seso View Post
    What a “spectacular failure of leadership”, In January, US president Donald Trump said Covid-19 was “totally under control”. The next month, as the virus swept the world, he predicted it would soon disappear – “like a miracle” – and, just last week, he said he hoped the US would be “open by Easter”. This week, as the country’s death toll passed 4,000 – more than China’s official toll, or the number who perished on 9/11 – Trump finally admitted that won’t be possible. Instead, he said that his administration would have done a “very good job” if it kept the death toll below 200,000. As of Wednesday, the US had 190,000 cases (more than China and Italy combined).
    source: http://www.vikilix.com/2020/04/04/wh...eals-about-us/
    Yes, agreed. DT handled it very badly. The economy did not have to crash. Nobody needed to get fired. It should have been handled like Europe. They didn't get the mass unemployment there because the governments just pay the businesses to keep their workers on the payroll even if they are not working to observe social distancing. We screwed up by letting all these people get fired and businesses go belly up and then coming in with rescue stimulus money. It would have been better spent up front to just pay the businesses to keep workers. That way the workers retain their healthcare insurance, which many of them just lost, along with their job. Seems bass-ackwards. There is no way to easily put that all back together again in a few months. The economy is not coming roaring back, and that is the cost of bad leadership.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (04-04-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (04-08-2020)

4. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

business received tax breaks. pay slave wages and have been bailed out several times they should have enough money to keep their employees and pay each employee sick leave.

THEY DON'T DESERVE ANY MORE TAX PAYER MONEY. They already have all the power.....MORE MONEY IS MORE POWER!

THE POWER SHOULD BE WITH THE PEOPLE!.......it's our money. The racist right wants business to get all our money.

STOP BELIEVING IN RACIST RIGHT WING REPUBLICAN POLITICS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Trumpet (04-08-2020)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    how is a hint of optimism a failure of leadership?
    I guess because it was not true and endangered the citizens.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Trumpet (04-08-2020)

8. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Give my tax money to the homeless or undocumented worker, or single mother who can barely put food on the table.

Walmart doesn't need my tax dollars.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Trumpet (04-08-2020)

10. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    I guess because it was not true and endangered the citizens.
    hindsight is 2020, dipshit.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,584 Times in 9,990 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Esp. that one. He claimed to be a native from Lac Du Flambeau in Wisconsin. Since then he's gone on several racist rants about natives. I bet he's also (depending on his audience) a doctor, a pilot, a best-selling author, a movie star, a top rock guitarist, an undersea explorer, a millionaire, and King of Narnia.
    Lying again I see. Not one post of mine ever said I was a " native" meaning native American. NOT one. Show me the post,....you cant!

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,584 Times in 9,990 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Owl also posted that I made posts where I claimed to be a doctor and an Educator. She made this post only two weeks ago. Can anyone in here show these so called posts she claims I made?? No you cant because it never happened. Pretty easy to see who the real liar is here,....drunk old buzzard bitch,...not me.

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny seso View Post
    What a “spectacular failure of leadership”, In January, US president Donald Trump said Covid-19 was “totally under control”. The next month, as the virus swept the world, he predicted it would soon disappear – “like a miracle” – and, just last week, he said he hoped the US would be “open by Easter”. This week, as the country’s death toll passed 4,000 – more than China’s official toll, or the number who perished on 9/11 – Trump finally admitted that won’t be possible. Instead, he said that his administration would have done a “very good job” if it kept the death toll below 200,000. As of Wednesday, the US had 190,000 cases (more than China and Italy combined).
    source: http://www.vikilix.com/2020/04/04/wh...eals-about-us/
    That's what this crisis reveals about Trump, not the US. This CNN video "Saluting America's COVID-19 heroes" says more about what this crisis reveals about the US: https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/0...-cnnheroes.cnn

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    We elected a guy because he used to host a reality show. Now we on Survivor.
    ...and, no matter how deplorable he is, he was the better choice of the two nominated by the major parties.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,617 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Trump's painful dilemma

(CNN)President Donald Trump and his team face a painful dilemma: If they take the draconian measures necessary to halt the coronavirus pandemic the economy will likely fall into not just a recession, but even a depression. On the other hand, if they take only half measures to halt the spread of the virus we could see the worst pandemic in American history.

The Trump administration has, by default, fallen into something of a middle ground between these two paths that is likely to lead both to a bad pandemic and a deep recession.

The costs of letting the disease spread uncontrollably were laid out in sobering detail in a study published last week by Imperial College, London. It found that as many as 2.2 million people could die of Covid-19 in the US if the disease were to spread completely uncontrolled. By way of comparison, 675,000 American died of the Spanish flu in 1918.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/opini..._blogfooterold

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    We elected a guy because he used to host a reality show. Now we on Survivor.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    (CNN)President Donald Trump and his team face a painful dilemma: If they take the draconian measures necessary to halt the coronavirus pandemic the economy will likely fall into not just a recession, but even a depression. On the other hand, if they take only half measures to halt the spread of the virus we could see the worst pandemic in American history.

The Trump administration has, by default, fallen into something of a middle ground between these two paths that is likely to lead both to a bad pandemic and a deep recession.

The costs of letting the disease spread uncontrollably were laid out in sobering detail in a study published last week by Imperial College, London. It found that as many as 2.2 million people could die of Covid-19 in the US if the disease were to spread completely uncontrolled. By way of comparison, 675,000 American died of the Spanish flu in 1918.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/opini..._blogfooterold

he is now faced w/ the same/very similar dilemma as Hoover..... I hope that I am wrong but it seems he is leaning towards making the same mistakes as well..

His lashing out & temper tantrums towards, doctors, hospitals & states will not serve him or the nation well but are sadly indicative of someone suffering & struggling to keep up w/ events..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,617 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Amen?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-07-2020)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

Amen?
    What is sad here, no one doubts he feels exactly this way....

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    hindsight is 2020, dipshit.
    Read post 12. It is a continuing saga of lies and mistakes. Have someone in your bunker read it to you and explain it. Asshole,prick, dumb fuck dork shit for brains. See how much better my post became when I added the names? Why do you do that?