Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOUSE VALUES will DECLINE NEXT as house sales PLUMMET!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Seems time to seize some means of production.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    No sir, our economy is not a zero game. That is untrue. In capitalism wealth is created which improves the overall standard of living.
    But not equally and not for everyone. For some people. For some white people. For some white men.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you're young or working class you have no chance in certain areas.
    Seems like a failure of capitalism to me.

If workers cannot even afford to own a home, as the wealthy have increased their share of the pie, then what does that tell you about the economic system under which they all live?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Assets bubbles benefit the upper middle class/rich or those who bought a long time ago.
    So it would seem that they have a vested interest in creating bubbles any chance they get, so they can seize more wealth for themselves.

Sounds like there should be some stricter regulation, no?

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I do not have the solution in mind.
    Sure ya do!

Medicare for All
    Higher wages
    Free public colleges
    Wealth tax

There are plenty of ideas. It just takes the will to overcome Conservative screeching.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,184 Times in 7,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

I'll tell you what man, after being stuck at home for the past several weeks I'm ready to get back to work! Haha. Sitting at home is not for me.
    Yeah...it is the wrong time to go on that rant.

I am so sick of inside! We were supposed to have a good day today, so I thought I'd get some yard work in. But the wind is like a hurricane.

Maybe over the weekend.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

cawacko (04-03-2020)

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Lowering taxes on the rich has nothing to do with the housing bubble. It is Fed driven. It's been written about ad nauseam. Low rates and easy money create asset bubbles.
    We should have taxed the rich much more. It would have put us in a far better position to be able to deal with this. Now we are going to have to eat a lot more debt. That means we have no choice but to tax the rich more going forward.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-04-2020)

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

That's not a bad thing is it if you are poor or working class or are young and looking to buy a home.
    If you still have an income...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Agreed!

Bottom line...damn near anything the Fed or the Congress does...benefits the rich more than those of us further down on the ladder. We simply cannot let this relentlessly increasing wealth disparity continue.

Don't get me wrong. I do not have the solution in mind. I just with the people with brains and know-how would come up with an idea that would move us in that direction.

AND...I really would like a politician or two to come on the scene who are focused on how to make life easier for us all. Every politician talks about how his/her ideas will result in more jobs!

Shit...more jobs means more work. At some point we have go to head toward a bit LESS work. Everyone should be enjoying their trip through life a LOT more...with a LOT less drudgery and toil. After all, we now have BILLIONS of willing slaves (machines, robots, computers) doing much of the work. Time for us to work shorter hours, shorter work-week, have more vacation time...and earlier retirement.

But lur system just does not seem to allow for any of that.
    Right on!

Been waiting for a prez candidate to talk like that for decades.

A few did this time (Yang) but the message is not sinking in. I don't know what this affliction for work is. Sure, you do what you have to, but you would think that in our day and age, oh so advanced, that we could figure out how to have a great life while working 20 hours a week. The super-rich don't have to work, they work as much as they feel like working. Everybody should have it that way. There is no reason an organized society cannot do that. Well, there is one reason. Greed. Outsized greed of a few.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-04-2020)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-03-2020)

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

I'll tell you what man, after being stuck at home for the past several weeks I'm ready to get back to work! Haha. Sitting at home is not for me.
    Everyone should be free to work as much as they like, or as little as they like. I can keep myself busy 24-7 without needing anybody to tell me what to do. Others require more guidance. There should be something for everybody. Families would be a whole lot more functional if parents could spend more time at home, that's for sure.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-03-2020)

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Everyone should be free to work as much as they like, or as little as they like. I can keep myself busy 24-7 without needing anybody to tell me what to do. Others require more guidance. There should be something for everybody. Families would be a whole lot more functional if parents could spend more time at home, that's for sure.
    You're seeing that in action right now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Frank Apisa (04-03-2020)

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

You're seeing that in action right now.
    Very good for loving families.

Unfortunately, the imposed togetherness is not good for the dysfunctional.

Domestic violence is spiking along with the stay-at-home orders, this puts victims at increased risk of home bound abusers.

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Very good for loving families.

Unfortunately, the imposed togetherness is not good for the dysfunctional.

Domestic violence is spiking along with the stay-at-home orders, this puts victims at increased risk of home bound abusers.
    Sadly TRUE!

Republicans BALKED and tried to strip funds in the CORONAVIRUS PACKAGE that some of of those 'liberal bitches' included for various functions that would still need to performed and tracked for victims of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Just because or maybe BECAUSE a pissed off husband is locked up with his wife and kids, he might decide he can POUND DOWN on them. Not to forget the LIQUOR stores and gun store are "essential" businesses.

(Jesusfuckingchrist! I can't even believe I needed to type all that as a reminder).

When home isn’t safe: What the coronavirus pandemic means for domestic violence survivors

For millions of Americans, sheltering in place could be dangerous.
    By Anna North Mar 26, 2020, 10:00am EDT

For all too many, home is actually dangerous. Every year, more than 10 million Americans experience domestic violence, and experts fear that the
    pandemic and the isolation necessary to combat it could drive those numbers even higher...

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/26/211938...covid-19-abuse
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

20. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-04-2020)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-04-2020)

22. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Sadly TRUE!

Republicans BALKED and tried to strip funds in the CORONAVIRUS PACKAGE that some of of those 'liberal bitches' included for various functions that would still need to performed and tracked for victims of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Just because or maybe BECAUSE your pissed off husband is locked up with his wife and kids, he might decide he can POUND DOWN on them. Not to forget the LIQUOR stores and gun store are "essential" businesses.

(Jesusfuckingchrist! I can't even believe I needed to type all that as a reminder).

When home isn’t safe: What the coronavirus pandemic means for domestic violence survivors

For millions of Americans, sheltering in place could be dangerous.
    By Anna North Mar 26, 2020, 10:00am EDT

For all too many, home is actually dangerous. Every year, more than 10 million Americans experience domestic violence, and experts fear that the
    pandemic and the isolation necessary to combat it could drive those numbers even higher...

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/26/211938...covid-19-abuse
    You want to force millions of people to be holed up together for weeks and not allow alcohol? That’s a recipe for disaster

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Micawber (04-04-2020), PoliTalker (04-04-2020)

24. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

You want to force millions of people to be holed up together for weeks and not allow alcohol? That’s a recipe for disaster
    He didn't actually say that. And I don't know which is worse in an abusive relationship. An abusive drunk who is bored and focused on her all day, or an abusive drunk who is bored and focused on her all day and he's been cut off from booze and going through withdrawals.

Basically, we've got to keep those abuse hotlines open, well staffed, and the safe houses ready and clean.