Thread: VERMONT ORDERS WALMART, TARGET TO STOP SELLING NON-ESSENTIAL ITEMS

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yep, can only do the best you can w/ the fools you got to work w/..........lol

Only takes one to ruin things for lots of ppl~stay safe & healthy..
    Thanks.

Got my Hep A shot the other day and my pneumonia vaccination today. Eat healthy. Take those vitamins. Maintain rest and get some exercise. That’s about all one can do.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Damn.. Is it domestic or overseas aka china??

IMHO, as I don't work there, is that this is part of the bullwhip in our supply chain~avoiding that.......

Many ppl will order the same product from several sources & then cancel when it because available @ one..

Additionally like TP, they are running 24/7 but @ some point the garage will be full & they'll feel save & all this TP is coming down the line & no one to buy it....
    I haven't purchased TP in two months. I always keep at least two months in stock and it so happens that I was up to a lot more. (Being full of shit by nature.)

It's not easy to tell where the stuff is coming from when you order from Amazon. But I've been delayed on three items of late.
    1. Flower seeds, came from Ohio in a first class envelope, took 2 weeks.
    2. $9 pack of fifty microswitches is predicted to take 6 weeks, seller: Mecion. They are coming from China but I was only told that two weeks after I ordered them. That puts an auto sun visor repair on hold- it's apart and ugly.
    3. $13 automotive R12 to R134a AC fittings, one each high and low pressure, 90 degrees. NAPA had a similar set for $48. Predicted to take 4 weeks, sold by Aupoko, which sounds Japanese. That puts an AC conversion on hold but there is still R12 in the system and it still works.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Awwww, you do give a fuck. I knew you did.

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Try to keep up, you ignorant fuck. The OP:

“stop the in-person sale of nonessential products such as clothing and electronics.”

Moron
    But I am talking about electronics, the need for such. Never once did I mention clothing. Are you drunk?

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    But I am talking about electronics, the need for such. Never once did I mention clothing. Are you drunk?
    OP, illiterate fuck.

“stop the in-person sale of nonessential products such as clothing and electronics.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,475 Times in 52,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're just proving me right again. Sad.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    You're just proving me right again. Sad.

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks.

Got my Hep A shot the other day and my pneumonia vaccination today. Eat healthy. Take those vitamins. Maintain rest and get some exercise. That’s about all one can do.
    I got a flu shot but not the pneumonia, prob should have gotten it today when I was there....... I gotta get my second shingles shot also pretty soon..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,475 Times in 52,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I got a flu shot but not the pneumonia, prob should have gotten it today when I was there....... I gotta get my second shingles shot also pretty soon..
    IIRC, the pneumonia is renewed every 5 years. Worth it to enhance both flu and SARS survival.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Finished my shingles last year. Glad I got that one. I’ve seen some painful stuff occur for people on that. The pneumonia shot is expensive. High co-pay. But with this respiratory thing going on, I wanted to cover all bases. It takes 2 weeks to kick in, so go get it immediately.

11. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I haven't purchased TP in two months. I always keep at least two months in stock and it so happens that I was up to a lot more. (Being full of shit by nature.)

It's not easy to tell where the stuff is coming from when you order from Amazon. But I've been delayed on three items of late.
    1. Flower seeds, came from Ohio in a first class envelope, took 2 weeks.
    2. $9 pack of fifty microswitches is predicted to take 6 weeks, seller: Mecion. They are coming from China but I was only told that two weeks after I ordered them. That puts an auto sun visor repair on hold- it's apart and ugly.
    3. $13 automotive R12 to R134a AC fittings, one each high and low pressure, 90 degrees. NAPA had a similar set for $48. Predicted to take 4 weeks, sold by Aupoko, which sounds Japanese. That puts an AC conversion on hold but there is still R12 in the system and it still works.
    yes, I heard they were way back logged as well & yea who knows..

I had an odd one about two months ago on a unbelievable deal on Grits & it was three 5lbs bags for $7.99.. WHen I got it it said sams club, I thought it was an error, open it up & it is the correct brand but in sam's club packaging......lmao.. Was surprised they were selling on the competitor.. Prob cleaning out inventory..

I always buy it on sale & prob have around that much all the time also... I still have enough paper towels for a year.. When my daughter stayed w/ me, her friend & her kid as well (both husbands stationed in Japan) I was going through quite a bit...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

How long does it take to drive to New Hampshire?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

13. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes, I heard they were way back logged as well & yea who knows..

I had an odd one about two months ago on a unbelievable deal on Grits & it was three 5lbs bags for $7.99.. WHen I got it it said sams club, I thought it was an error, open it up & it is the correct brand but in sam's club packaging......lmao.. Was surprised they were selling on the competitor.. Prob cleaning out inventory..

I always buy it on sale & prob have around that much all the time also... I still have enough paper towels for a year.. When my daughter stayed w/ me, her friend & her kid as well (both husbands stationed in Japan) I was going through quite a bit...
    Grits are a good staple food for long term storage. I never thought of using that. I've been using rice, pinto beans and several large cans of freeze-dried vegetables for my emergency stash.

14. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OP, illiterate fuck.

“stop the in-person sale of nonessential products such as clothing and electronics.
    And I'm talking about electronics, since, unlike clothing, they have a habit of breaking without prior warning and are not as easy to repair in a pinch...

15. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Grits are a good staple food for long term storage. I never thought of using that. I've been using rice, pinto beans and several large cans of freeze-dried vegetables for my emergency stash.
    I love them but they don't store as long unless you package it better than the cheap paper it comes in.. I have a few pounds left & keep them in an airtight container..

You eat grits w/ butter & over easy eggs all messed up??