I prefer steak and eggs, thanks.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,648 Times in 51,929 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    If he's old like you, then yeah. Bye Boomer....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    OK Boomer.
    LOL. Most Republicans are Boomers.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    What proof would you want that doesn't include my real name and SSN? What people of your ilk do not know is that it's a felony to claim to be a military officer. That's why the Stolen Valor assholes always claim to be enlisted personnel. Feel free to report me to the Feds: https://www.fbi.gov/tips

The proof that you are a lowly educated, low intelligence, racist Beta Male is in most of your posts. No one needs proof that I'm right about you because you provide them the proof yourself.
    That's not up to me, Gomer. The only thing that is required is that it's verifiable.

The proof you aren't what you claim is YOUR unwillingness to prove it and your willingness to make excuses as if it's my fault you don't.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    That's not up to me, Gomer. The only thing that is required is that it's verifiable.

The proof you aren't what you claim is YOUR unwillingness to prove it and your willingness to make excuses as if it's my fault you don't.
    Translation: There is no way you can prove to me who you are without revealing personal information.

Everyone knows you are a liar and a troll. Me claiming it is just an opinion, but when you prove it with your posts, well....you know.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Translation: There is no way you can prove to me who you are without revealing personal information.

Everyone knows you are a liar and a troll. Me claiming it is just an opinion, but when you prove it with your posts, well....you know.
    No, there's no way you can prove your claim because ZERO evidence exists to back it up.

One thing I've proven with my post is that you're lying about your military service. Someone that claims to be what you are would be proud to prove it. That you aren't supports my claim that you never served.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,786 Times in 33,644 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    I didn't know I was in a different place!I was in the same building!
    I was in the same room, emergency doctor was in network, anesthesiologist was out of network! I had no idea till I got the $1800 bill.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, there's no way you can prove your claim because ZERO evidence exists to back it up.

One thing I've proven with my post is that you're lying about your military service. Someone that claims to be what you are would be proud to prove it. That you aren't supports my claim that you never served.
    Dude, you've been hanging around with 40 year olds who act like 15 year olds for far too long.

You just accused me of committing a felony. If you are a true American, you'd report me. Do it: https://tips.fbi.gov/

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude, you've been hanging around with 40 year olds who act like 15 year olds for far too long.

You just accused me of committing a felony. If you are a true American, you'd report me. Do it: https://tips.fbi.gov/
    If you are what you claim, you'd provide proof it. You made the claim.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I was in the same room, emergency doctor was in network, anesthesiologist was out of network! I had no idea till I got the $1800 bill.
    Pay your fucking bill, freeloader.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,786 Times in 33,644 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right after you prove everything you have claimed, like being smart. I see absolutely no evidence of that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (04-05-2020), Doc Dutch (04-05-2020)

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Right after you prove everything you have claimed, like being smart. I see absolutely no evidence of that.
    He's certainly proving he's a troll and a liar.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-06-2020)

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

...You just accused me of committing a felony. If you are a true American, you'd report me. Do it: https://tips.fbi.gov/
    So you are either not a true American or you are a chickenshit in addition to being a liar.

ProudLefty was wrong: CFM doesn't stand for "Certified Fucking Moron". Obviously it stands for Chickenshit Fucking Moron.

I hope you call the FBI, but I strongly doubt you will because you are clearly a chickenshit fucking moron.

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

More about the triage decisions being made by doctors during this pandemic:

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...navirus-crisis
    In the 18th century, military doctors developed principles of triage to help decide who should be treated on battlefields when not all patients could be aided. In other extreme emergencies since then, including the current COVID-19 pandemic, physicians have similarly had to choose how to allocate limited resources to benefit the largest possible number of patients — those who are most likely to survive. Sadly, the severely sick might not get care if their odds of recovery with treatment are nil...

...Regrettably, if ventilators are limited, certain categories of patients might need to be excluded from consideration, such as those with advanced cancer or severe Alzheimer’s disease. Ideally, doctors should not abandon such patients but, instead, provide other treatment or resources that might be available, such as palliative or so-called “comfort” care. Alas, humans are bad at making predictions, but doctors have developed careful, agreed-upon assessments tools.

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Part of the problem with COVID-19 and the necessity of triage isn't simply the shortage of ventilators (barring other treatment options), but the fact, as noted below, that patients need them for weeks at a time, not just a few days as used in most cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/healt...nvs/index.html
    ...If a person comes in and needs a ventilator and you don't have a ventilator, the person dies. That's the blunt equation here," Cuomo said.

The demand for ventilators has skyrocketed in intensive care units across the country as coronavirus patients have flooded in. Typically, adult patients will stay in the ICU -- and on a ventilator -- for only three to four days, as one Connecticut doctor explained, but Covid-19 patients need them for up to two or three weeks, dramatically increasing demand...

...It is essentially a point system calculating a patient's likelihood to benefit from ICU care, based on two considerations: 1) saving the most lives and 2) saving the most life-years.

The lower the patient scores, the higher their prioritization for care. In the system's eight-point scale, the first four points illustrate the patient's likelihood to survive hospitalization, and the last four points assess whether, assuming they survive hospitalization, they have medical conditions associated with a life expectancy of less than one year or less than five years.

In the event of a tie, White's framework directs doctors to consider life cycle, with priority being given to younger patients.
    "These are inevitably tragic choices with only bad options," White said. "But the only thing worse than developing a clear allocation framework is not developing one, because then decisions made during a crisis will be biased and arbitrary."...

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This guideline took a decade to develop and existed in 2015. It's 272 pages, so I've only posted a couple of snippets from the link.

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulation...guidelines.pdf
    A pandemic that is especially severe with respect to the number of patients affected and
    the acuity of illness will create shortages of many health care resources, including personnel and
    equipment. Specifically, many more patients will require the use of ventilators than can be
    accommodated with current supplies....

...a triage officer/committee must select one of many eligible red
    color code patients to receive ventilator therapy. A patient’s likelihood of survival (i.e.,
    assessment of mortality risk) is the most important consideration when evaluating a patient.
    However, there may be a situation where multiple patients have been assigned a red color code,
    which indicates they all have the highest level of access to ventilator therapy, and they all have
    equal (or near equal) likelihoods of survival. If the eligible patient pool consists of only adults or
    only children, a randomization process, such as a lottery, is used each time a ventilator becomes
    available because there are no other evidence-based clinical factors available to consider.
    Patients waiting for ventilator therapy wait in an eligible patient pool. However, in limited
    circumstances, if: (1) the pool of patients eligible for ventilator therapy includes both adults and
    children, and (2) all available clinical data suggest that the probability of mortality among the
    pool of patients have been found equivalent (i.e., all patients are assigned a red color code), then
    young age (i.e., 17 years old and younger) may be utilized as a tie-breaker to select a patient for
    ventilator therapy...