Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 129

Thread: Young doctors being asked to play God

  1. #106 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    30,277
    Thanks
    19,100
    Thanked 10,280 Times in 7,950 Posts
    Groans
    3,690
    Groaned 1,112 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Eat shit Xer
    I prefer steak and eggs, thanks.

  2. #107 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    If he's old like you, then yeah. Bye Boomer....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    OK Boomer.
    LOL. Most Republicans are Boomers.

    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

  3. #108 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 8,438 Times in 7,257 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 450 Times in 439 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    What proof would you want that doesn't include my real name and SSN? What people of your ilk do not know is that it's a felony to claim to be a military officer. That's why the Stolen Valor assholes always claim to be enlisted personnel. Feel free to report me to the Feds: https://www.fbi.gov/tips

    The proof that you are a lowly educated, low intelligence, racist Beta Male is in most of your posts. No one needs proof that I'm right about you because you provide them the proof yourself.
    That's not up to me, Gomer. The only thing that is required is that it's verifiable.

    The proof you aren't what you claim is YOUR unwillingness to prove it and your willingness to make excuses as if it's my fault you don't.

  4. #109 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    That's not up to me, Gomer. The only thing that is required is that it's verifiable.

    The proof you aren't what you claim is YOUR unwillingness to prove it and your willingness to make excuses as if it's my fault you don't.
    Translation: There is no way you can prove to me who you are without revealing personal information.

    Everyone knows you are a liar and a troll. Me claiming it is just an opinion, but when you prove it with your posts, well....you know.
    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

  5. #110 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 8,438 Times in 7,257 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 450 Times in 439 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Translation: There is no way you can prove to me who you are without revealing personal information.

    Everyone knows you are a liar and a troll. Me claiming it is just an opinion, but when you prove it with your posts, well....you know.
    No, there's no way you can prove your claim because ZERO evidence exists to back it up.

    One thing I've proven with my post is that you're lying about your military service. Someone that claims to be what you are would be proud to prove it. That you aren't supports my claim that you never served.

  6. #111 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    48,838
    Thanks
    63,091
    Thanked 28,350 Times in 18,567 Posts
    Groans
    2,051
    Groaned 3,101 Times in 2,896 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    I didn't know I was in a different place!I was in the same building!
    I was in the same room, emergency doctor was in network, anesthesiologist was out of network! I had no idea till I got the $1800 bill.
    kag: to choke something down in disgust

    Keep America Gagging

  7. #112 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    No, there's no way you can prove your claim because ZERO evidence exists to back it up.

    One thing I've proven with my post is that you're lying about your military service. Someone that claims to be what you are would be proud to prove it. That you aren't supports my claim that you never served.
    Dude, you've been hanging around with 40 year olds who act like 15 year olds for far too long.

    You just accused me of committing a felony. If you are a true American, you'd report me. Do it: https://tips.fbi.gov/
    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

  8. #113 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 8,438 Times in 7,257 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 450 Times in 439 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dude, you've been hanging around with 40 year olds who act like 15 year olds for far too long.

    You just accused me of committing a felony. If you are a true American, you'd report me. Do it: https://tips.fbi.gov/
    If you are what you claim, you'd provide proof it. You made the claim.

  9. #114 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    50,490
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 8,438 Times in 7,257 Posts
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 450 Times in 439 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I was in the same room, emergency doctor was in network, anesthesiologist was out of network! I had no idea till I got the $1800 bill.
    Pay your fucking bill, freeloader.

  10. #115 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    48,838
    Thanks
    63,091
    Thanked 28,350 Times in 18,567 Posts
    Groans
    2,051
    Groaned 3,101 Times in 2,896 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    If you are what you claim, you'd provide proof it. You made the claim.
    Right after you prove everything you have claimed, like being smart. I see absolutely no evidence of that.
    kag: to choke something down in disgust

    Keep America Gagging

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    Cypress (04-05-2020), Dutch Uncle (04-05-2020)

  12. #116 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Right after you prove everything you have claimed, like being smart. I see absolutely no evidence of that.
    He's certainly proving he's a troll and a liar.
    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    Phantasmal (04-06-2020)

  14. #117 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    ...You just accused me of committing a felony. If you are a true American, you'd report me. Do it: https://tips.fbi.gov/
    If you are what you claim, you'd provide proof it. You made the claim.
    So you are either not a true American or you are a chickenshit in addition to being a liar.

    ProudLefty was wrong: CFM doesn't stand for "Certified Fucking Moron". Obviously it stands for Chickenshit Fucking Moron.

    I hope you call the FBI, but I strongly doubt you will because you are clearly a chickenshit fucking moron.
    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

  15. #118 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    More about the triage decisions being made by doctors during this pandemic:

    https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...navirus-crisis
    In the 18th century, military doctors developed principles of triage to help decide who should be treated on battlefields when not all patients could be aided. In other extreme emergencies since then, including the current COVID-19 pandemic, physicians have similarly had to choose how to allocate limited resources to benefit the largest possible number of patients — those who are most likely to survive. Sadly, the severely sick might not get care if their odds of recovery with treatment are nil...

    ...Regrettably, if ventilators are limited, certain categories of patients might need to be excluded from consideration, such as those with advanced cancer or severe Alzheimer’s disease. Ideally, doctors should not abandon such patients but, instead, provide other treatment or resources that might be available, such as palliative or so-called “comfort” care. Alas, humans are bad at making predictions, but doctors have developed careful, agreed-upon assessments tools.
    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

  16. #119 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Part of the problem with COVID-19 and the necessity of triage isn't simply the shortage of ventilators (barring other treatment options), but the fact, as noted below, that patients need them for weeks at a time, not just a few days as used in most cases.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/healt...nvs/index.html
    ...If a person comes in and needs a ventilator and you don't have a ventilator, the person dies. That's the blunt equation here," Cuomo said.

    The demand for ventilators has skyrocketed in intensive care units across the country as coronavirus patients have flooded in. Typically, adult patients will stay in the ICU -- and on a ventilator -- for only three to four days, as one Connecticut doctor explained, but Covid-19 patients need them for up to two or three weeks, dramatically increasing demand...

    ...It is essentially a point system calculating a patient's likelihood to benefit from ICU care, based on two considerations: 1) saving the most lives and 2) saving the most life-years.

    The lower the patient scores, the higher their prioritization for care. In the system's eight-point scale, the first four points illustrate the patient's likelihood to survive hospitalization, and the last four points assess whether, assuming they survive hospitalization, they have medical conditions associated with a life expectancy of less than one year or less than five years.

    In the event of a tie, White's framework directs doctors to consider life cycle, with priority being given to younger patients.
    "These are inevitably tragic choices with only bad options," White said. "But the only thing worse than developing a clear allocation framework is not developing one, because then decisions made during a crisis will be biased and arbitrary."...
    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

  17. #120 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,978
    Thanks
    1,293
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 274 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    This guideline took a decade to develop and existed in 2015. It's 272 pages, so I've only posted a couple of snippets from the link.

    https://www.health.ny.gov/regulation...guidelines.pdf
    A pandemic that is especially severe with respect to the number of patients affected and
    the acuity of illness will create shortages of many health care resources, including personnel and
    equipment. Specifically, many more patients will require the use of ventilators than can be
    accommodated with current supplies....

    ...a triage officer/committee must select one of many eligible red
    color code patients to receive ventilator therapy. A patient’s likelihood of survival (i.e.,
    assessment of mortality risk) is the most important consideration when evaluating a patient.
    However, there may be a situation where multiple patients have been assigned a red color code,
    which indicates they all have the highest level of access to ventilator therapy, and they all have
    equal (or near equal) likelihoods of survival. If the eligible patient pool consists of only adults or
    only children, a randomization process, such as a lottery, is used each time a ventilator becomes
    available because there are no other evidence-based clinical factors available to consider.
    Patients waiting for ventilator therapy wait in an eligible patient pool. However, in limited
    circumstances, if: (1) the pool of patients eligible for ventilator therapy includes both adults and
    children, and (2) all available clinical data suggest that the probability of mortality among the
    pool of patients have been found equivalent (i.e., all patients are assigned a red color code), then
    young age (i.e., 17 years old and younger) may be utilized as a tie-breaker to select a patient for
    ventilator therapy...
    "Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

    Barry Goldwater speech to Congress 1981

Similar Threads

  1. Impeachment play by play and color commentary!
    By Micawber in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2019, 07:59 AM
  2. A play by play of the last year of fake news and the economy:
    By Cohort in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-21-2017, 08:10 AM
  3. If 99 Doctors Said…
    By Grajonca in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 07:32 AM
  4. Why would doctors need to know if you have a gun?
    By Damocles in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 04:20 PM
  5. 45% of Doctors Would Consider Quitting
    By Damocles in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 01:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •