Thread: "Governors: It's Like Being on eBay with 50 other States"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default "Governors: It's Like Being on eBay with 50 other States"

"Governors Fight Back Against Coronavirus Chaos: ‘It’s Like Being on eBay With 50 Other States"

"A chorus of governors from across the political spectrum is publicly challenging the Trump administration’s assertion that the United States is well-stocked and well-prepared to test people for the coronavirus and care for the sickest patients."

"Governors across the country, from South Dakota to New York, have for weeks pleaded with the administration to produce supplies they say have not arrived. During a teleconference with several governors earlier in March, Mr. Trump heard from several governors who said they were still waiting for masks and ventilators, despite repeated claims from White House coronavirus task force officials that the equipment was on the way."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/u...18b1b8a3586a1c

So, Trump is the "war general" fighting what he says is a war against COVID-19 but he can't even deliever resources to the front line soldiers to combat the virus, basically, their own their own to get their own supplies.

But everyday at five the Trump/Pence show airs with superlatives to describe the Administration's efforts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-02-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Governors Fight Back Against Coronavirus Chaos: ‘It’s Like Being on eBay With 50 Other States"

And Trump is auctioning a forged Babe Ruth autograph baseball...

Cal took delivery of like 100 broken vents

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is a point in any FUCK UP where you come to a standstill with only PERIPHERAL unimportant movement or worse bad or counterproductive action occurring. The best analogy I can come up with off the top of my head...

Think of a train wreck were the back cars are still moving but about to pile on before they come to a STOP (gently, laying on their sides or twisted steel). Think of 40+ states as the rear of the train. In this case the trainmen and/or conductors are still operating what they can (governors/mayor) but the engineer (TRUMP) has jumped to rear of the engine or
    has jumped out of the CAB.

The passengers have NO control. Many won't be affected, others will be bruised or broken. Others will die.

Last edited by Centerleftfl; 04-02-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

5. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-02-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

THIS is very disturbing:

"Mr. Trump, who has been quick to pick fights with governors who have criticized his efforts, took aim at Mr. Cuomo on Tuesday, saying that the governor “shouldn’t be complaining.”

“You know what, he has a lot of ventilators,” the president said. “The problem is, with some people, no matter how much you give it’s never enough.”"

Um, NO!

The problem is some regions are becoming so overwhelmed that no matter how many ventilators you get, it is never enough.

It's not about the governor. It is about what is happening at a location in America, Mr, American president, sir.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-02-2020)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (04-02-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

More disturbing behavior:

"At different points, Mr. Trump has directed Vice President Mike Pence to stop calling Ms. Whitmer and Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington, a Democrat who has also criticized the administration’s response.

“I want them to be appreciative,” the president said. “We’ve done a great job.”"

He is clearly neglecting his duties on purpose, in return for ingratiating remarks and ego massage. This is reprehensible misconduct which violates his oath to the Constitution of the UNITED States, not the SELECTED States, of America. He is seeking something of value, in return for an official action, an emoluments violation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-02-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    THIS is very disturbing:

"Mr. Trump, who has been quick to pick fights with governors who have criticized his efforts, took aim at Mr. Cuomo on Tuesday, saying that the governor “shouldn’t be complaining.”

“You know what, he has a lot of ventilators,” the president said. “The problem is, with some people, no matter how much you give it’s never enough.”"

Um, NO!

The problem is some regions are becoming so overwhelmed that no matter how many ventilators you get, it is never enough.

It's not about the governor. It is about what is happening at a location in America, Mr, American president, sir.
    Trump's game is obvious, he is leaving it to the States, if it goes bad, as it is expected to, he will blame the Governors, they f*cked up, they shut down the economy, they weren't prepared, etc., Trump is always thinking Trump, and November is his motivator

12. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-02-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Trump's game is obvious, he is leaving it to the States, if it goes bad, as it is expected to, he will blame the Governors, they f*cked up, they shut down the economy, they weren't prepared, etc., Trump is always thinking Trump, and November is his motivator
    Good call.

Sounds like him.