Members banned from this thread: Cypress, evince, moon, domer76, Cinnabar, Walt and AProudLefty

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: China Lied About Coronavirus, Putting World in Jeopardy, U.S. Intelligence Agents Say

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I don't. They are too "woke" for a wall, but hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness are considered "features" by liberals, not "bugs".
    Reality has a way of biting you in the ass and causing you to re-think some things.

There may not be a wholesale change in thinking—but wholesale change isn’t necessary to change the political landscape.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    All this Russia, Russia bullshit the Dems and the media have been throwing out is meant to piss Putin off. Why? Who knows, but I agree, I hope things change.

There will be, unless for some unforeseen "event," the Dems would win in Nov. In that case, we're screwed both economically and strategically.

I just hope this thing goes away soon enough to get us back on track. Our businesses and economy can withstand a few more weeks, but not much more.
    America is a resilient country. I just hope this China Virus has taught us a lesson about China, and the rest of the world as well. They can't be trusted.
    It is truly revealing how many loonys on here want desperately to ignore China's huge role in this, all the fuckers care about is getting Trump and putting a senile old codger in the White House.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 04-02-2020 at 05:45 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-02-2020), Earl (04-02-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,244 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Frank, you're overcome with rage that you spout the most boorish bullshit. The Chinese will be not let off the hook for their unbelievable behaviour. You are just getting really fucking tiresome now, shut the fuck up!!
    You seem in a poor mood today, HM. Chill, man, you're gonna blow a gasket.

Yeah, China did not do right by the world...but Trump is doing even worse. My guess is the US will be the major disaster in this epidemic...and the reason for that will be the incredibly incompetent leadership of Trump. Because of the Trump administration incompetency, my guess is that history will judge us much more harshly than China during this battle for humanity.

Oh...and calling attention to the inadequacy of the Trump...is not being boorish. It is being reasonable.

Oh again: If you think my posts are tiresome...you ought to give consideration to ignoring them rather than asking me to stop posting.

Okay?

Stay safe, HM.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

5. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-02-2020)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

A senile, old, perverted codger in the White House.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You seem in a poor mood today, HM. Chill, man, you're gonna blow a gasket.

Yeah, China did not do right by the world...but Trump is doing even worse. My guess is the US will be the major disaster in this epidemic...and the reason for that will be the incredibly incompetent leadership of Trump. Because of the Trump administration incompetency, my guess is that history will judge us much more harshly than China during this battle for humanity.

Oh...and calling attention to the inadequacy of the Trump...is not being boorish. It is being reasonable.

Oh again: If you think my posts are tiresome...you ought to give consideration to ignoring them rather than asking me to stop posting.

Okay?

Stay safe, HM.
    Frank you're hopelessly deluded, you only want to get Trump everything is a means to that end. I will repeat, China really is the big bogeyman. Theiir role was absolutely massive in this, to deny that is truly a kind of insanity surely?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (04-02-2020)

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    “China Lied About Coronavirus, Putting World In Jeopardy, US Intelligence Agents Say.”
    abcnews.com

Is there anyone on the planet who is surprised that the Chinese lied?
    I am not any more surprised that the Chinese administration lied and was wrong than I am that Trump has lied and been wrong...

...which means I AM NOT SURPRISED AT ALL.

I expect lying and "being wrong" from both.

The Chinese do seem to do it with a lot more class, though.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

A senile, old, perverted codger in the White House.
    According to members of his former Secret Service detail, he used to parade around naked in front of the women assigned to him while he was the creepy Veepy, Earl. Just like big DEMOCRAT donor Harvey Weinstein, who is a good friend of the Clintons and the Obamas.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Frank you're hopelessly deluded, you only want to get Trump everything is a means to that end. I will repeat, China really is the big bogeyman, their role was massive in this to deny that is truly a kind of insane surely?
    Franks seems to be an amiable sort that would be fun to have a beer with lol.

But he’s also a literal poster child for TDS. He’s beyond reasoning with. I know plenty IRL.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yank Apenis View Post
    I am not any more surprised that the Chinese administration lied and was wrong than I am that Trump has lied and been wrong......which means I AM NOT SURPRISED AT ALL. I expect lying and "being wrong" from both.
    The Chinese do seem to do it with a lot more class, though.
    The sooner you die, the better.

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Frank you're hopelessly deluded, you only want to get Trump everything is a means to that end. I will repeat, China really is the big bogeyman, their role was massive in this to deny that is truly a kind of insane surely?
    Nah, it is not I who is deluded.

You, old friend, are deluding yourself.

And Trump also. He actually thinks he is competent.

Wow!

16. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lest we forget.

China Lied About Coronavirus, Putting World in Jeopardy, U.S. Intelligence Agents Say
    CHINAPublished 13 hours ago
    “China lied about coronavirus, putting world in jeopardy, US intelligence agents say
    Barnini Chakraborty By Barnini Chakraborty | Fox

Coronavirus is latest in China's history of covering negative info
    As coronavirus continues to spread across the world, the Chinese government has been accused of withholding information about the outbreak that began on its soil. Here are some other examples of China trying to cover up negative information.

As coronavirus cases have jumped in recent days, China misled the world by purposely underreporting its numbers of patients and deaths, three U.S. intelligence officials say.

In a classified report sent to the White House, the officials said that China's public record of COVID-19 infections was deliberately deceptive and incomplete.

Bloomberg, which first reported the news, cited three U.S. intelligence officers who they said they alerted the White House last week to Beijing's misleading numbers. Two of the three sources called the numbers flat-out fake.

While there have been skeptics all along, China's decision to downplay its numbers could have deadly consequence for the rest of the world.

Deborah Birx, the State Department immunologist advising the White House on its response to COVID-19, said Tuesday that China's numbers influenced assumptions in other countries about the nature of the contagion.

"The medical community made -- interpreted the Chinese data as: This was serious, but smaller than anyone expected because I think probably we were missing a significant amount of data, now that what we see happened to Italy and see what happened to Spain."

CORONAVIRUS IS LATEST IN CHINA'S HISTORY OF TRYING TO COVER UP NEGATIVE INFO

Since the beginning of the pandemic, China has been accused of multiple coverups. It has shifted its timeline on what it knew and when it knew it and has gone after critics, doctors and whistleblowers trying to sound the alarm.

In recent weeks, China has launched a coordinated campaign to boost its global image. It has rebranded itself, tried to restart its economy and sold supplies to hard-hit countries struggling to contain the virus within their borders.

"The only thing better than playing themselves as a victim is showing that they can emerge as a resilient hero," Greg Barbaccia, an expert in counterintelligence, insider threat and corporate espionage, told Fox News.

Barbaccia, who spent five years on active duty as an intelligence sergeant in the U.S. Army, said China is taking advantage of the current economic landscape and using it to their advantage as other countries like Italy and Iran struggle

Not only has China clogged up its own airwaves with propaganda touting the country's success in taming COVID-19, it has also pledged millions of dollars to the World Health Organization and in return has received public

A U.N. report released Wednesday praised China for sharing the genetic sequence of COVID-19. What it didn't highlight was that Chinese officials didn't report the first case of coronavirus until forced to and that documents later revealed that China knew about the dangers of the virus two months before reporting it. Had China been forthright, COVID-19 could have been contained.

On Wednesday, there were more than 847,081 confirmed cases of coronavirus around the world. The U.S. surpassed 200,000 cases Wednesday. Globally, the number of those infecting will likely hit the million mark by Friday. In the United States there have been 4,417 deaths. The body count globally stands at 45,497.”
    foxnews.com

Honest historians will give the blame for this Chinese virus to the Chinese and the hundreds of thousands, perhsps millions of deaths, resulting from their perfidious behavior.

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

But he’s also a literal poster child for TDS. He’s beyond reasoning with. I know plenty IRL.
    Are you saying you think I was wrong when I said that Trump lied...and was wrong...during his handling of the issue????

C'mon, Darth.

By now, everyone (including his most ardent supporters) knows that the man lies almost every time he speaks. And as for "wrong"...well, I'm waiting for him to get something right.

19. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

20. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Ring-a-ding-ding, he might try to touch your thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yank Apenis View Post
    In another thread, Havana Moon and I got to discussing Frank Sinatra. I mentioned an essay I had written (that got published by a couple of newspapers)...and decided to post it here. It was a personal remembrance of Sinatra on the anniversary of his death.

The voice was unmistakable even though he was speaking rather than singing. He was saying, “Excuse me, sir. Sir!”

I turned and saw Frank Sinatra heading across the lawn toward me. He had his arm extended in my direction—a half-filled rocks glass in his hand. “Would you mind freshening this for me, please,” he said, “just some ice, no more booze.”

The part about “no more booze” was delivered with that mischievous grin he used at least once in almost every movie he ever made. The thought that ran through my mind was, “Would I mind? I’ll brag to my friends about it!”, but the professional bartender in me took control and all I actually said was, “Sure thing, Mr. Sinatra.”

Bartenders and waiters doing gigs at posh parties often get to rub shoulders with the stars and movers of our world—and I was encountering the great Frank Sinatra at this particular get-together. It was being held on a magazine-cover estate in the Hamptons owned by Mrs. I-Got-Lotsa-Bucks who was just back from China with a couple of lion statues that everybody was gushing over. Sinatra was the guest of honor—accompanied by his wife Barbara, Gregory Peck and his wife.

Peck, by the way, declined my offer to get him something from the bar with, “No thank you. A young lady is already getting me a beer.” His voice was the same deep, mellow velvet you hear in his movies and I swear to you, it sounded like a line from Shakespeare.

At the time, I was an instructor at a bartending school in Manhattan. The call for five experienced waiter/bartenders for the private party had come in two weeks earlier and I quickly put together a crew of three instructors, myself being one, and two advanced students. Mrs. Lotsabucks had called the school personally and had gone out of her way to stress that Sinatra was to be her guest of honor—so as you can imagine, we were all very excited. And she had made an unusual request: Would we make up a drink to honor her distinguished guest?

Well, we were the largest bartending school in the world and on any given day there were more than 100 student bartenders working behind three very well stocked (with colored water) bars. We certainly had plenty of talent to work on the request; so we had a competition. As the supervising instructor, I was the sole judge. And in an incredible stroke of good fortune, I also won the contest.

Hey! Lemme tell you about it and you decide if my decision was on the mark!

During the setup to the contest, I told everybody to concentrate on the name of the drink. Ingredients are secondary to names when dealing with fad drinks. A Harvey Wallbanger, Fuzzy Navel, Sex on the Beach and all that lot didn’t get popular by tasting better than other drinks. They just had names that attracted.

Nobody listened to me. They all put together weird concoctions (mostly with Jack Daniels, Sinatra’s favorite liquor, as a main ingredient) and almost none of them tagged a name to their entry. I, on the other hand, simply dropped a shot of Blue Curacao liqueur into a standard Vodka Collins and claimed victory. Blue Curacao is a liqueur made from the peels of tiny blue oranges grown on the Caribbean Island of Curacao; including it gives every drink a beautiful, pale blue color. So we had a pale blue drink in a frosted glass filled with ice…and the name, Ol’ Blue Ice!”

Tell me that ain’t a winner.

Sinatra never did get to taste one. In fact, when we got to the gig, which featured two beautiful mermaids (they wore tails, but no tops) sitting on a structure built into the center of the swimming pool, the hostess decided not to go with the special drink and didn’t even want to know what we had come up with. I guess she didn’t want the other famous guests (Peck and Cary Grant were there) thinking they were not special.

At one point late in the party, Frank and Barbara Sinatra again approached me. He didn’t want anything; she did, but didn’t know just what. While she was mulling over her choices, I had the perfect opportunity to suggest an Ol’ Blue Ice, but lost my nerve.

I think the hostess and I both screwed up big time. Now he’s gone, he would have turned 100 in December of (the year I wrote this) and all I have is this story.

I enjoyed the PBS special on him last month; I suspect many people my age did. Anyway, sometime this week I’ll make myself an Ol’ Blue Ice and sip it down in his memory. I know where I keep the Sinatra CD’s…now I gotta remember what I did with the Blue Curacao?

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    According to members of his former Secret Service detail, he used to parade around naked in front of the women assigned to him while he was the creepy Veepy, Earl. Just like big DEMOCRAT donor Harvey Weinstein, who is a good friend of the Clintons and the Obamas.
    I saw that on OAN.

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Honest historians will give the blame for this Chinese virus to the Chinese and the hundreds of thousands, perhsps millions of deaths, resulting from their perfidious behavior.
    History is written by the winners, Earl.