Members banned from this thread: The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, canceled.2021.2, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Getin the ring, RB 60, TOP, volsrock, artichoke, Bobb, Flanders and Grokmaster

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Anyone planning a big food garden in case this pandemic lasts?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    Not in the slightest. I will never believe anything the Chinese government says and if you do you're either retarded or a Chinese agent.
    "Politics aside, US relies on China supplies to fight virus"
    https://www.msn.com/nb-no/nyheter/ve...us/ar-BB126woN

"As China appears to have contained its own outbreak of SARS-CoV-1, which has infected more than one million people worldwide since first emerging late last year in Wuhan, it is now the first resort for protective gear sought across the world.

"China is a massive source of supply for these products at a time of incredible need, both in the United States and globally," said Chad Bown, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics."

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well, now I don't feel so bad/embarrassed about my lack of success....lol

I am allowing my garden to go fallow, weeds are about 5' high..

Mostly Mallow, mouse barely (Hordeum murinum) & various native grasses.. I am hoping it will protect the soil in the baking summer & by fall be good enough for some fall veggies
    That should do it some good I’m thinking. I have two spots, both about 30 ft x 40 ft, and I’m letting one of those spots go fallow this year. I’ll see what the year brings but I plan for the other spot (the one I’m using now) to be unused in the spring/summer of 2021. It’s good to give the ground a rest once in a while if a person can.

I just could never get my Brussels sprouts to produce. The plants would grow but they’d never make any heads. I sure don’t know the answer. My consolation was that dad tried and couldn’t get them to make either.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    LOL. Funny, but I actually trust Trump more than the Chinese....not much more, but more.

The fact remains the American system of government is much more open and resilient than the People's Republic of China. Trump or no Trump, our society is much more open and honest about such things. That's a two-edged sword. During the Cold War Space Race, American failures were broadcast live on television. Soviet successes were shown the next day and failures were unknown until after the USSR fell.
    I agree, our society, our system~that isn't trump.. Thank God we have them, as our unfortunate friends have nothing, no checks & balances on the state, a party of one whose interest & survival is paramount..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Indeed, the later being more concerning. I hated George W Bush’s policies, but I never felt the man didn’t genuinely have the country’s interest in his easily manipulated mind. I don’t have that level of trust with Golden Toilet Boy. I believe he puts himself first.
    I lost trust w/ bush many times over.. But I didn't doubt his misguided sincerity nor his belief in his misguided self-appointed mission.. It wasn't about him, sadly trump is about him, the country is second & fortunately the country will survive him..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    That should do it some good I’m thinking. I have two spots, both about 30 ft x 40 ft, and I’m letting one of those spots go fallow this year. I’ll see what the year brings but I plan for the other spot (the one I’m using now) to be unused in the spring/summer of 2021. It’s good to give the ground a rest once in a while if a person can.

I just could never get my Brussels sprouts to produce. The plants would grow but they’d never make any heads. I sure don’t know the answer. My consolation was that dad tried and couldn’t get them to make either.
    It can't hurt,I have not given it a rest in almost ten years, it's time..

Wow, we are in good company then....

I got some but they were tiny, size of marbles & even the bigger ones are hard to get off, but you can grip them, these I needed pliers & that just tore them up.. Rabbits had no problem getting them off one bit @ a time...lol