Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Trump is to blame for our botched Covid-19 response

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    So Obama’s to blame for H1N1 and his poor response ?
    What poor response?

The economy didn't shut down.
    The market didn't collapse.
    The country didn't need trillions in bailouts.
    There was no need for social distancing.
    We didn't even have the highest case count globally.

Obama handled H1N1 just fine, and then put protections in place so the future pandemics, like Ebola, didn't become what COVID has today.

The poor choice you made to vote for Trump directly resulted in the disbanding of those pandemic response teams, because you have a murderous intent to drown government in the bathtub.

Only, by doing so, you also killed 200,000 other people and totally tanked the economy.

All because of your poor choices.

That's the common theme.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Bourbon (04-01-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    We have already covered the FACT that Obama acted immediately, trump lied for weeks at a time

No ... you didn’t cover anything .... you just lie and make shit up .

Obama didn’t act for months ...

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

It's unfortunate we need not have a national leader who took this seriously back in December and implemented aggressive and resolute action to prepare for this pandemic

Here is the way things seem to be shaping up:

For the second time in a decade we are being driven into another Great Republican Recession

For the second time in a decade, a Democrat will be elected to clean up the mess

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

LV426 (04-01-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

And the 200% inflation ... that must be helmed ... should be...whom?

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

No ... you didn’t cover anything .... you just lie and make shit up .

Obama didn’t act for months ...
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...health-emerge/

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh please .... more liberal liars !

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

As I noted before, it is easy to define "loving's" point of view

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is all on you.

You've been lying about this thing since the start.

You coddled and protected Trump in February when we could have removed him and put someone in there who took this seriously.

Every death, every job loss, every bit of misery is all traced back to your poor choices. And now, we are all suffering the consequences of them.

Thanks for nothing.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    This is all on you.

You've been lying about this thing since the start.

You coddled and protected Trump in February when we could have removed him and put someone in there who took this seriously.

Every death, every job loss, every bit of misery is all traced back to your poor choices. And now, we are all suffering the consequences of them.

Thanks for nothing.
    Ya .... Trump is the only one dealing with the Corona virus ! They are called “ experts “ !

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It's unfortunate we need not have a national leader who took this seriously back in December and implemented aggressive and resolute action to prepare for this pandemic

Here is the way things seem to be shaping up:

For the second time in a decade we are being driven into another Great Republican Recession

For the second time in a decade, a Democrat will be elected to clean up the mess
    I'm anti-Trump to a degree. But he isn't fully to blame. Just his response made matters worse.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ya .... Trump is the only one dealing with the Corona virus ! They are called “ experts “ !
    Experts Trump fired before all this.

He only fired them because of you. You voted for this. This is the world you wanted, whether you knew it or not at the time.

So you can sit there, isolated in your home, solely because of the poor choices you've made in your life, to which you won't even hold yourself responsible.

What a fucking loser.

14. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Loving91390 (04-01-2020)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    I'm anti-Trump to a degree. But he isn't fully to blame. Just his response made matters worse.
    You're right. He's not to blame. I don't blame him at all because that laziness and callousness was always expected of him.

The people I blame are those who voted for him in 2016, who supported and coddled him from 2017-2019, and who defended him from being removed last February.

Those are the people to blame, on whom all scorn should be heaped. Every single one of them is responsible. Not a good apple in the bunch. Nothing worth defending or preserving. Only scorn, shame, and vengeance.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Experts Trump fired before all this.

He only fired them because of you. You voted for this. This is the world you wanted, whether you knew it or not at the time.

So you can sit there, isolated in your home, solely because of the poor choices you've made in your life, to which you won't even hold yourself responsible.

What a fucking loser.
    It’s called the “ CoronaVirus Task Force “ .... but , what do they know !

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    POST #3

From Kellyanne Conway’s husband, George Conway:

"For Trump supporters, let me make one thing VERY clear!

For the record NO ONE is blaming the President for the virus. Let me repeat. Coronavirus is not Trump’s fault.

Here’s a detailed list of what we are blaming him for:

* Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations. Back in January, over a month before the first Covid19 case, the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries. Oh, but not our government. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test. The question is why? We don’t know but what to look for is which pharmaceutical company eventually manufactures the test and who owns the stock. Keep tuned.

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. Yes, he did.

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

* Trump didn’t appoint a doctor to oversee the US response to the pandemic. He appointed Mike Pence.

* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.

* Trump pretended the virus had been contained.

* Trump left a cruise ship at sea for days, denying them proper hospital care, rather than increase his numbers in America.

• Repeat. We do not blame Trump for the virus.
    • We blame him for gutting the nation’s preparations to deal with it.
    • We blame him for bungling testing and allowing it to spread uninhibited.
    • We blame him for wasting taxpayer money on applause lines at his rallies (like The Wall).
    • We blame him for putting his own political life over American human life. I hope this clears things up."

The Lincoln Project, a group led by George Conway, released a new video criticizing the president's response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1222099697

Denials, Deflections and Lies to follow ...........
    What pandemic? There is no pandemic nor epidemic.
    It's just another flu, milder than most of them.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Trump only shifted his tone as the coronavirus virus spread to Trump country.

The national debate set off by Donald Trump’s announcement that he wanted churches packed on Easter was, like so many Trump crises, a self-inflicted one. In the days after Trump tweeted that “WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” his medical advisers, led by Dr. Anthony Fauci, implored Trump not to relax the government’s social distancing guidelines. Trump dug in. “His view was: I need to show people that there is light at the end of the tunnel,” a former West Wing official told me. Under pressure, members of the coronavirus task force discussed privately how parts of the country might be opened in April, but cautioned Trump not to get locked into a specific timetable given the deteriorating conditions in New York hospitals and ominous upticks in cases in New Orleans, Detroit, and elsewhere. “They discussed it internally, but they never intended Trump to announce it,” a Republican working with the task force told me.

Trump’s impulsive decision—and its messy aftermath—consumed the West Wing during the critical week that governors were pleading with the White House to deliver medical supplies before hospital systems began to collapse. “It was totally crazy,” the Republican told me. Dr. Fauci, Senator Lindsey Graham, and others raced to convince Trump that an Easter opening would be a cataclysmic error that could cost millions of lives. “This is a very, very stressful situation for everybody, including me,” Fauci told me in a phone interview on Monday. By last weekend Fauci’s arguments broke through: Trump agreed to extend the social distancing guidelines until the end of April.

Trump’s latest tonal and tactical shift (and almost certainly not the last) was driven by several factors, both personal and political. Trump learned that his close friend, 78-year-old New York real estate mogul Stan Chera, had contracted COVID-19 and fallen into a coma at NewYork-Presbyterian. “Boy, did that hit home. Stan is like one of his best friends,” said prominent New York Trump donor Bill White. Trump also grew concerned as the virus spread to Trump country. “The polling sucked. The campaign panicked about the numbers in red states. They don’t expect to win states that are getting blown to pieces with coronavirus,” a former West Wing official told me. From the beginning of the crisis, Trump had struggled to see it as anything other than a political problem, subject to his usual arsenal of tweets and attacks and bombast. But he ultimately realized that as bad as the stock market was, getting coronavirus wrong would end his presidency. “The campaign doesn’t matter anymore,” he recently told a friend, “what I do now will determine if I get reelected.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...avirus-miracle
    Fake news.