Thread: Even Mike Pence can't stop lying

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Even Mike Pence can't stop lying

Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday defended President Donald Trump’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic by falsely claiming that the president had never sought to belittle the threat the virus posed.

“I don’t believe the president has ever belittled the threat of the coronavirus,” Pence said.

A massive trail of evidence shows otherwise, however.

“Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low,” Trump said on February 26th. “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

“It’s going to disappear,” Trump said of the virus on February 28th. “One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.

We’re the number one travel destination anywhere in the world, yet we have far fewer cases of the disease than even countries with much less travel or a much smaller population,” Trump said on February 29th.

Just over one month after Trump made those statements, America now leads the world with more than 190,000 reported COVID-19 cases and over 4,000 deaths from the disease

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-02-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Saw that (https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-threat-of-the), the good Christian Pence is suppose to be and he looks straight into the camera and flat out lies to Americans.

Also, notice how he is saying that it wasn't Trump's fault because China wasn't providing adequate data, a theme you see developing in the right wing media and even here to scapegoat Trump's blunders, China's fault Trump f*cked up the first three months

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Pence is a tRUMP style liar. He just tries to hide his lies behind a cloud of phony "Righteousness". Pence is a glaring example of Conservative Republican hipocrisy and dishonesty.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-02-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds to me like Pence is keeping his head hidden in his deep dark cavity.

PENCE PLAYS DUMB: ‘I DON’T BELIEVE’ TRUMP DOWNPLAYED C-VIRUS

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pence...b65dd0c5d8107b

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,599 Times in 9,131 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

‘Stop lying to our faces!’ Mike Pence flayed for saying Trump never ‘belittled’ COVID-19 threat

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Tacomaman (04-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-02-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday defended President Donald Trump’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic by falsely claiming that the president had never sought to belittle the threat the virus posed.

“I don’t believe the president has ever belittled the threat of the coronavirus,” Pence said.

“Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low,” Trump said on February 26th. “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

“It’s going to disappear,” Trump said of the virus on February 28th. “One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.

We’re the number one travel destination anywhere in the world, yet we have far fewer cases of the disease than even countries with much less travel or a much smaller population,” Trump said on February 29th.

Just over one month after Trump made those statements, America now leads the world with more than 190,000 reported COVID-19 cases and over 4,000 deaths from the disease
    Pence is scum.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

President Trump made his first public comments about the coronavirus on Jan. 22, in a television interview from Davos with CNBC’s Joe Kernen. The first American case had been announced the day before, and Kernen asked Trump, “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?”

The president responded: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.

By this point, the seriousness of the virus was becoming clearer. It had spread from China to four other countries. China was starting to take drastic measures and was on the verge of closing off the city of Wuhan.

In the weeks that followed, Trump faced a series of choices. He could have taken aggressive measures to slow the spread of the virus. He could have insisted that the United States ramp up efforts to produce test kits. He could have emphasized the risks that the virus presented and urged Americans to take precautions if they had reason to believe they were sick. He could have used the powers of the presidency to reduce the number of people who would ultimately get sick.

He did none of those things.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/o...ronavirus.html
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

When you hang around Trump too long, you catch it.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello floridafan,

OK? I was just beginning to get some respect for Pence, but with this he totally blew that.

What utter NONSENSE.

DT's ego poisons everything in the WH.

He needs to go.

Republicans really screwed up by ignoring the overwhelming evidence against him.

That has hurt our nation.

They all have blood on their hands.

VOTE THEM OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello floridafan,

OK? I was just beginning to get some respect for Pence, but with this he totally blew that.

What utter NONSENSE.

DT's ego poisons everything in the WH.

He needs to go.

Republicans really screwed up by ignoring the overwhelming evidence against him.

That has hurt our nation.

They all have blood on their hands.

VOTE THEM OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!
    Why would anyone have the least bit of respect for Mike Pence. He lies constantly, religion is more important to him than science, and he aint very smart to begin with. Every other sentence from his mouth confirms his worship of Trump.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello floridafan,

Why would anyone have the least bit of respect for Mike Pence. He lies constantly, religion is more important to him than science, and he aint very smart to begin with. Every other sentence from his mouth confirms his worship of Trump.
    Only because he was briefly acting more like a leader than DT.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pick anyone at random and they would act like a better leader than either Pence or trump- anyone.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

religion is more important to him than science
    He isnt truly "religous". That is just part of his schtick. No truly religous person would blatantly lie and worship another human being like Pence does.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post: