Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Mile Long Food Lines In The USA In 2020.

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hi Bill,

As I watched the news the other day I was torn with angst.

One story was about the food banks and the desperation of so many freshly laid off and lacking because they were on such a shoestring budget with no reserve.

Another story was about the farmers who normally produce for restaurants, dumping milk, destroying eggs, etc.

How mixed up is that?

These food supply chains are not connected. Grocery stores struggling to keep fresh stuff on the shelves, as the entirely different restaurant supply food chain suddenly has no demand.

It occurs to me that the thing to do is try to find a way to get the fresh food once destined for restaurants to the food banks for handing out to those suddenly with no income.

It's easier said than done.
    It can't happen overnight but the smart ppl running those industries & corps are already making adjustments.. I see cases of toilet paper w/ product that does not have UPC#'s on them, commercial stuff being sold, so that is a good sign..

What they are going to need to address going forward is the way everyone now operates, auto & on time ordering, very little sitting in warehouses... When the entire chain is running lean & mean the bull whip effect is inevitable & no one wants to end up sitting on warehouses of toilet paper when half the country has a year supply in the garage...

Now the virus wave is making it out to the fields & small towns in rural areas, which normally fill w/ migrant workers-working & living in less than sanitary conditions, no health care..

Many of them know little of the details-needed protections etc nor have adequate access to them....... Sounds like a recipe for disaster..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Yes, the virus from China that the Chinese failed to contain, has caused economic loss to millions of Americans and millions around the world.

Some (PoliTalker) cheered the loss, "go...go...go.
    Yea, it's all someone elses fault, always is, pound chest make impotent threats, seek whorshiper praise & adoration, move on to or cause next fight & divisive schism..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It can't happen overnight but the smart ppl running those industries & corps are already making adjustments.. I see cases of toilet paper w/ product that does not have UPC#'s on them, commercial stuff being sold, so that is a good sign..

What they are going to need to address going forward is the way everyone now operates, auto & on time ordering, very little sitting in warehouses... When the entire chain is running lean & mean the bull whip effect is inevitable & no one wants to end up sitting on warehouses of toilet paper when half the country has a year supply in the garage...

Now the virus wave is making it out to the fields & small towns in rural areas, which normally fill w/ migrant workers-working & living in less than sanitary conditions, no health care..

Many of them know little of the details-needed protections etc nor have adequate access to them....... Sounds like a recipe for disaster..
    "“What we noted immediately was that workers were not being provided protections or information. [Growers are] not even trying. And that’s gotten workers very scared,” said Armando Elenes, secretary treasurer of UFW, to the Guardian. “The last hands that touched that produce before the consumer puts it in their mouth is a farm worker’s hands, so we better care about what happens to these workers.”"

Farmworkers Are Essential, Yet Remain Unprotected
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hi Bill,

"“What we noted immediately was that workers were not being provided protections or information. [Growers are] not even trying. And that’s gotten workers very scared,” said Armando Elenes, secretary treasurer of UFW, to the Guardian. “The last hands that touched that produce before the consumer puts it in their mouth is a farm worker’s hands, so we better care about what happens to these workers.”"

Farmworkers Are Essential, Yet Remain Unprotected
    Most excellent point......

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,478 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    There will be much hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth.......when lazy fucks are forced to go back to work.

Awesome. Sooooo is your outfit faux leather or real leather?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"