Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mile Long Food Lines In The USA In 2020.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Mile Long Food Lines In The USA In 2020.

"Motorists queued for up to five hours to access emergency provisions at a food bank near Pittsburgh as the economic impact of the coronavirus continues.

Video footage shown on CBS-affiliate KDKA shows the line of cars, spread across two lanes, snarling up the road leading to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank in Duquesne before it opened at midday on Monday.

KDKA reported that motorists had started arriving at the food bank from 7 a.m. Around 1,700 families managed to get their hands on the emergency supplies."

Pennsylvania Food Bank Draws Mile-long Line of Cars as Trump Approves State's Coronavirus Disaster Declaration

“going very substantially down, not up.”

“the 15, [cases] within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

I wonder if those people waiting 5 hours in a food line think this is a job well done...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-01-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

""With demand in food skyrocketing and the supply hard to come by, many food banks are relying on current inventories to respond to the increase in demand.

"While that's worked in the short-term, we are getting to a point where food banks won't have inventory to meet demand in the weeks and months to come unless we can drive additional food and funding to food banks quickly,""
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-01-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hungry people tend to be highly critical of the leadership.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-01-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Houston has long food lines, then runs out of food:

"Both districts ended daily pickup this week and started providing three days’ worth of meals on Mondays and Thursdays. However, Aldine and Pasadena officials reported unexpectedly high demand that caused many of their sites to run out of food Monday."

8. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-01-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Given how the left reacts to even the slightest mention of people going back to work (all the while having thier food delivered to them by the underclass) i dont see how this can be avoided. Italy has armed security in all groceries now.

Ah well its worth it to save just one more life from covid right? lockdown for 6 more months lol.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-31-2020), Earl (04-01-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    Given how the left reacts to even the slightest mention of people going back to work (all the while having thier food delivered to them by the underclass) i dont see how this can be avoided. Italy has armed security in all groceries now.

Ah well its worth it to save just one more life from covid right? lockdown for 6 more months lol.
    What a stupid post, right.

13. The Following 2 Users Groan At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-31-2020), Earl (04-01-2020)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Nordberg (04-20-2020), PoliTalker (04-01-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    What a stupid post, right.
    I have not seen any intelligent posts from a Trump supporter but most of all, none with empathy. Trump leads a death cult of sociopaths.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

16. The Following 2 Users Groan At Cinnabar For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-05-2020), Earl (04-01-2020)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-01-2020)

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

TRUMPVILLES WILL BE SPREADING.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tsuke,

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post

It's the Democratic hoax that kills.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-05-2020)

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

They should have been prepared as I have done. Don't ask me to feel sorry for them now.

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    TRUMPVILLES WILL BE SPREADING.......
    Excellent mini-documentary.

Thanks.

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,295 Times in 27,100 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Motorists queued for up to five hours to access emergency provisions at a food bank near Pittsburgh as the economic impact of the coronavirus continues.

Video footage shown on CBS-affiliate KDKA shows the line of cars, spread across two lanes, snarling up the road leading to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank in Duquesne before it opened at midday on Monday.

KDKA reported that motorists had started arriving at the food bank from 7 a.m. Around 1,700 families managed to get their hands on the emergency supplies."

Pennsylvania Food Bank Draws Mile-long Line of Cars as Trump Approves State's Coronavirus Disaster Declaration

“the 15, [cases] within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

I wonder if those people waiting 5 hours in a food line think this is a job well done...
    We should have aggressively prepared for this pandemic like South Korea did, instead of denying, downplaying, and lying about it for three months.

Welcome to the second Great Republican Recession just within the last 12 years

24. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-05-2020)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-01-2020)

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

If leadership shut down the entire country sooner do you think there would be no lines for food? This is a perfect example of TDS to me.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (04-01-2020)

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

What do you expect .... it’s free food .

My grocery stores are running the same as always .