Thread: Whats this world coming to?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,563 Times in 9,976 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Default Whats this world coming to?

So heres the deal. I am a huge sports fan. Been a fan of the Dallas Cowboys for over 40 years now, been to several games in Texas at the old stadium and the new. Been a longtime poster at the biggest Cowboys message board on line for many years. Recently they put up a sub board for anything to do with Corona. Started a thread in there titled,....."This too will pass" All I basically said was this is a time for friend and foe to come together and that no matter what happens GOD IS IN CONTROL. Thread got deleted,....for mentioning God on a board pertaining to a world wide pandemic! REALLY??????? I mean,....thats insane. So its A o.k to insinuate all kinds of sexual stuff on the board but just the mere Mention of GOD and its a big no no??? This isnt good ,at all. The direction were headed in as a country is nowhere near what I ever thought I'd see in my lifetime. What a shame,.... and what a dark dark place.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-31-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, you can post about your invisible Sky Daddy all you want here. I even have a Religion area if it isn't Current Events worthy. Just don't expect that everybody believes the same thing you do and will treat it with all the respect you deem it deserves.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, you can post about your invisible Sky Daddy all you want here. I even have a Religion area if it isn't Current Events worthy. Just don't expect that everybody believes the same thing you do and will treat it with all the respect you deem it deserves.
    Totally understandable and fair. Also,...I would never demand anyone else to believe as I do. But yeah,....your point is good,..and fair IMO.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lmao
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER REMOVER View Post
    Lmao
    From the guy who uses a Biblical reference as his sig line.