1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    trying to equate mid-terms with a president up for re-election is apples and oranges.

But do bring up his verbals-I know the Trump campaign will be doing the same for Biden's many gaffes.

the Big One that will haunt Uncle Joe is his calling Trump's halting of incoming Chinese flights.
    You recall he called Trump "xenophobic" and "racist" for doing so? that's a killer right there
    The prez is on the hot seat for the lame US response. He will pay in the election.

That little rally-round-the-leader bump he got after the emergency was finally declared isn't going to last when the bodies really begin to pile up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-31-2020)

3. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    We would all like to see that, but maybe it's just wishful thinking. I just checked the link and it seems to have been updated. Maybe the story you looke at and link has scrolled off by now.

I like numbers. I am going to have to dig and find the numbers to check out what you say. The worldometer link suggested the opposite.
    I just clicked the link and it’s still there.

I didn’t say it, Cuomo did.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

5. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Good one. Made me laugh. Try 2018 on steroids. Remember all the people he campaigned for who lost? And now he is going to campaign for himself? Fine with me. All we have to do is bring up his record, the trail of tears. We'll quote him, let him speak for himself. He is his own worst enemy. Everything he said can and will be used against him in the court of public opinion.
    2018 was a non presidential year. Typically the presidential party loses seats but on Presidential years the party of the President typically pickup seats and incumbents tend to win a second term.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

7. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Yet both Sweden and Japan have seen fit to not shut their entire countries destroying their economies in the process. I wonder how happy you'll be when your work dries up?
    That one would stand in a bread line to get rid of Trump.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

9. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I just clicked the link and it’s still there.

I didn’t say it, Cuomo did.
    OK, I looked again and saw it. No actual numbers, just a description of them. And I certainly trust Cuomo a lot more than the prez.

So why is NY state not releasing those numbers? I would still like to see the numbers. Math I can deal with. Numbers don't lie. I wonder why it is such a big secret?
    Show me the numbers. Show me the numbers. Show me the numbers.

I can't find em.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

OK, I looked again and saw it. No actual numbers, just a description of them. And I certainly trust Cuomo a lot more than the prez.

So why is NY state not releasing those numbers? I would still like to see the numbers. Math I can deal with. Numbers don't lie. I wonder why it is such a big secret?
    Show me the numbers. Show me the numbers. Show me the numbers.

I can't find em.
    You don’t believe Cuomo?

And why is it so easy to think good news is ‘bad news’ to you?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

ExpressLane (03-31-2020)

12. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    What's interesting about the catbird, is that it has numerous calls aside from the obvious 'meow'.
    Right you are! Catbirds are rather intelligent birds, having vibrant personalities, and are fun to watch go about their business. Most common and distinctive is their 'meow' call, and one usually hears that call coming from thickets and shrubs, where they love to hang out. But they do have other calls too (and even seemingly improvise some of their calls), and they can also mimic other bird calls quite well. I've even recorded (on video) a catbird in the act of doing just this (the other bird would do its call and then the catbird would repeat it afterwards).

They are also rather intelligent in that they absolutely will not accept cowbird eggs into their nests, so long as their own egg is the first egg that they recognize. VERY rarely, but it does happen, they will unfortunately recognize the cowbird egg first and discard their own egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    One of the most noticeable, and prevalent is from the various wrens. This house wren sings all day long looking for a wife

Attachment 14772
    Yup, wrens are pretty neat too! Another favorite of mine (although I don't see them all that often) are Scarlet Tanagers.
    Last edited by gfm7175; 04-01-2020 at 08:15 AM.

13. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Are you familiar with cash flow?
    Yes. I am a competent accountant.

Such as if you don't have the money to buy something,it can't buy it!
    Same with any other product/service.

Or are you as fucking stupid as you appear to be!
    Insults are not arguments.

14. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You don’t believe Cuomo?

And why is it so easy to think good news is ‘bad news’ to you?
    So you can't find the numbers either.

I trust Cuomo more than DT, but it is bothersome that no numbers are available.

Adjectives are fine. I want the numbers. Numbers talk.

If anybody can find a source for the accurate up-to-date refreshed numbers for NYC, please post it, thanks.

I can't find 'em.

Darth can't find 'em.

15. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

So you can't find the numbers either.

I trust Cuomo more than DT, but it is bothersome that no numbers are available.

Adjectives are fine. I want the numbers. Numbers talk.

If anybody can find a source for the accurate up-to-date refreshed numbers for NYC, please post it, thanks.

I can't find 'em.

Darth can't find 'em.
    You don’t seem to have the same problem touting ridiculous mortality rates.

Why would Cuomo make up such a thing?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (04-01-2020)

17. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Trump is now using numbers that the medical pros were using months ago. He downplayed it for political reasons. Now the bodies are piling up and he could no longer deny them. Trump is not getting these death counts today, He was briefed from the beginning. He was given the facts that the people did not have. He figured they were damaging to the election. Every president gets blood on their hands, Trump is taking a blood bath. People died so he could win in 2020.

18. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Yes. I am a competent accountant.

Same with any other product/service.

Insults are not arguments.
    Deflection
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

19. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Deflection
    Nope, a direct response.

20. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump is now using numbers that the medical pros were using months ago. He downplayed it for political reasons. Now the bodies are piling up and he could no longer deny them. Trump is not getting these death counts today, He was briefed from the beginning. He was given the facts that the people did not have. He figured they were damaging to the election. Every president gets blood on their hands, Trump is taking a blood bath. People died so he could win in 2020.
    Give it a rest.

This is all China.

21. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Right you are! Catbirds are rather intelligent birds, having vibrant personalities, and are fun to watch go about their business. Most common and distinctive is their 'meow' call, and one usually hears that call coming from thickets and shrubs, where they love to hang out. But they do have other calls too (and even seemingly improvise some of their calls), and they can also mimic other bird calls quite well. I've even recorded (on video) a catbird in the act of doing just this (the other bird would do its call and then the catbird would repeat it afterwards).

They are also rather intelligent in that they absolutely will not accept cowbird eggs into their nests, so long as their own egg is the first egg that they recognize. VERY rarely, but it does happen, they will unfortunately recognize the cowbird egg first and discard their own egg.
    Not many birds are wise to the cowbird ploy. I've been amused to see juvenile cowbirds crying to a grackle for food, and then following the elder grackle when it takes off. They're truly a scourge, but much worse for smaller birds than the ones that grow at the same rate.

Yup, wrens are pretty neat too! Another favorite of mine (although I don't see them all that often) are Scarlet Tanagers.
    I see an occasional tanager, as we have thick woods nearby. Not often enough, though. I've got rose breasted grosbeaks that come every year and stay the summer. They're actually pretty social, and won't flee the feeder just because I'm walking across the yard. Spring is a fascinating time of year here. We have plenty of birds passing through on their migration. I wish the indigo buntings would stick around longer than they do. At least the goldfinches do.

spring birds 2.jpg

My grosbeak always looks like he's wearing a tuxedo. He's so popular with the ladies.

spring birds.jpg
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.