Thread: Clear decrease in the rate of climb in NYC

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,168 Times in 14,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    ... and even in such a cram jammed space, less than 20% of the people on it have gotten it, and half of them were asymptomatic.

The media is fear mongering.
    And they were strictly isolated from each other as soon as they realized they had a problem.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

OUTSTANDING!

Of course you are free to roam about freely in Florida and Texas (with certain small pockets of exceptions)
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    This is 1.7 times more contagious and 12 times more lethal.
    but it is not, I have shown you that. You are conflating statistics

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Are you saying Trump has picked a bad team,from Pence on down?
    He is stuck with Fauci

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    What did she do wrong about Benghazi? Please don't lie as usual.
    She could have had jets scrambled from Italy to fly over and sonic boom the attackers and intimidate them. They could have dropped laser guided munitions on them if the boom didn't scare them off. The CIA guts had laser directing devices. She could have better equipped the consulate in the first place. She could have granted a bigger protection detail for Ambassador Stevens when he asked for it instead of turning him down. She could have made sure the CIA guys were told to rescue Stevens rather than being told to stand down.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 03-31-2020 at 10:12 AM.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

She could have had jets scrambled from Italy to fly over and sonic boom the attackers and intimidate them. The could have dropped laser guided munitions on them. The CIA guts had laser directing devices. She could have better equipped the consulate in the first place. She could have granted a bigger protection detail for Ambassador Stevens when he asked for it instead of turning him down. She could have made sure the CIA guys were told to rescue Stevens rather than being told to stand down.
    You are a pathetic LIAR!!

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everything you write is in strict devotion to a corrupt jerk traitor, not the best science. Don't you feel icky? Yuck.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    but it is not, I have shown you that. You are conflating statistics
    People way more educated than you agree with me. Currently the world wide rate is 823,197 cases and 40,633 deaths ,that is a 4.9% death rate. Do I think that is the rue death rate with ADEQUATE health care..NO. But if we overwhelm our hospitals we could see rates of 2 % or more. Easily. IMHO.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 03-31-2020 at 10:22 AM.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You are a pathetic LIAR!!
    Can't stand the facts can you. You are a pathetic idiot.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

People way more educated than you agree with me. Currently the world wide rate is 823,197 cases and 40,633 deaths ,that is a 4.9% death rate. Do I think that is the rue death rate with ADEQUATE health care..NO. But if we overwhelm our hospitals we could see rates of 2 % or more. Easily. IMHO.
    amazingly you are content to wallow in your ignorance and use an appeal to authority as your argument. It has nothing to do with being educated or not educated. I am telling you that you are comparing an estimated mortality rate of the flu with the case fatality rate of COVID19. I notice you ignored that post where I blew you out of the water with facts and are not appealing to authority to save you from being shown to be uninformed.

I will repeat it again for you since you failed to grasp it the last time. YOU CANNOT COMPARE ESTIMATED MORTALITY RATES TO CASE FATALITY RATES. It is dishonest. If you are getting it from authorities, then shame on you for not validating what they are telling you

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

I am pulling my data from the CDC website. Year to date out of 1,208,294 people tested for the flu there have been 242,330 (20.1%) that are positive. That means 80% of the people that show up at hospitals and outpatient clinics with symptoms warranting a flu test have something else. Fucking mind blowing isn't it? But those are the stats.

Now of those 242,330 people who have tested positive about 24,000 have died from the flu or pneumonia secondary to the flu which leads us to a case fatality rate for the flu of 9.9% which is much greater than the 1.9% case fatality rate of COVID19.

Now what is going to happen at the end of flu season is that the CDC is going to look at the data and then make a wild assed guess at how many people they ASSUME had the flu this year. They are also going to make a wild assed guess at how many people died. That is how you get to the 0.12% number. It is estimated, not calculated off of confirmed cases.

So again, you are trying to compare ESTIMATED numbers for the flu to CONFIRMED cases and deaths for COVID19. It is fucking dishonest. All of your appeals to authority don't change that.

But, since you are such an expert maybe you can tell us how the esteemed Fauci went from predicted 2 million dead to 200,000?

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OMG, where to start with your flawed analysis

For the record, I do enjoy you talking about R0 like you know what it means.

First of all Italy's death rate started out at 3% and has now risen to 11.3%. That has zero to do with the virus and more to do with their for shit healthcare system. Also, the death rate is concentrated in Northern Italy and NOT in Southern Italy. Does your infectious disease expertise have an explanation for that? Why isn't the southern part of Italy overrun?
    Umm because Milan is the center of Italy's fashion industry . The cloths are designed in Italy and mass manufactured in China. There is a LOT of Chinese business travel between Milan and China. I suspect that is part of New York's problem also. Just like Milan is the epicenter in Italy. I fail to understand why you are confused as to why some cities are worse than others the EXACT same thing happens every flu season. Some cities and states get hit worse than others. The same is true for COVID19.

Secondly, you are comparing apples to oranges when comparing flu death rates to COVID19 death rates. You are quoting the estimated death rate for the flu and NOT the case fatality rate. Yet you are comparing an estimated death rate to the case fatality death rate for COVID19.

There have been 242,000+ who have tested positive for the flu according to the CDC (you can check this out for yourself) and approximately 24,000 have died from flu/pneumonia this flu season. That puts the case fatality rate at 9% for the flu
    You have incorrectly reported the numbers.

According to CDC, this year's flu season has led to at least 17 million medical visits and 390,000 hospitalizations. CDC found that the percentage of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness increased to 5.8% in the week ending on March 14, up from 5.2% the previous week. The national baseline for those visits is 2.4%.

CDC in its latest report estimated that there had been at least 23,000 deaths related to the flu as of March 14.
    https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief.../24/flu-update

The death rate you are quoting and comparing is taking the CDC's estimate for the number of people they "THINK" had the flu and then dividing it by the same numerator. So they increase the denominator and keep the same numerator. Of course the percentage will be smaller.
    If you divide the number total cases world wide by the total number of cases world wide there is a 4.9% death rate.

The case fatality rate for COVID19 in the United States right now is 1.9%. Other than Germany we are better than most other countries AND it is much lower than the case fatality rate for the flu. This is the problem when uneducated people try to sound smart about shit they know nothing about. What you did is a rookie mistake and anyone who knew what they were talking about wouldn't make it. So either you are majorly uninformed or you are deliberately trying to mislead. Which is it?
    We do not have a 1.9% death rate for the flu and if you think that you are insane. W

Next time you try to step to me, do so with facts and do not try to conflate and compare bogus stats. It will only go badly for you.
    Per the link I have provided I have proven your stats are bogus.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-31-2020)

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Thank God Hillary isn't in charge. She couldn't even handle Benghazi .
    Benghazi happened because we toppled Qadaffi ( who was an anti-terrorsim allie) that allowed factions like the Libyan Islamic Fighter Group (LIFG) and various 'assorted terrorists' to roam free in the east (Benghazi).

The Libyan war 2011 completely destroyed institutions, and let the NTC ( da rebels from the east) take power
    which they promptly abandoned turning the country into militia rule

Hillary was instrumental in all this -her desires made Qadaffi a military target as well -that caused the complete breakdown of law and order as well

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/23898
    Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:40 PM

To: Mills, Cheryl D; Nuland, Victoria
    Subject: tick tock on libya

this is basically off the top of my head, with a few consultations of my notes. but it shows S' Clinton

leadership/ownership/stewardship of this country's libya policy from start to finish.
    let me know what you
    think. toria, who else might be able to add to this?

Secretary Clinton's leadership on Libya

HRC has been a critical voice on Libya in administration deliberations, at NATO, and in contact group

meetings — as well as the public face of the U.S. effort in Libya. She was instrumental in securing the
    authorization, building the coalition, and tightening the noose around Qadhafi and his regime.

14. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

amazingly you are content to wallow in your ignorance and use an appeal to authority as your argument. It has nothing to do with being educated or not educated. I am telling you that you are comparing an estimated mortality rate of the flu with the case fatality rate of COVID19. I notice you ignored that post where I blew you out of the water with facts and are not appealing to authority to save you from being shown to be uninformed.

I will repeat it again for you since you failed to grasp it the last time. YOU CANNOT COMPARE ESTIMATED MORTALITY RATES TO CASE FATALITY RATES. It is dishonest. If you are getting it from authorities, then shame on you for not validating what they are telling you

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

I am pulling my data from the CDC website. Year to date out of 1,208,294 people tested for the flu there have been 242,330 (20.1%) that are positive. That means 80% of the people that show up at hospitals and outpatient clinics with symptoms warranting a flu test have something else. Fucking mind blowing isn't it? But those are the stats.

Now of those 242,330 people who have tested positive about 24,000 have died from the flu or pneumonia secondary to the flu which leads us to a case fatality rate for the flu of 9.9% which is much greater than the 1.9% case fatality rate of COVID19.

Now what is going to happen at the end of flu season is that the CDC is going to look at the data and then make a wild assed guess at how many people they ASSUME had the flu this year. They are also going to make a wild assed guess at how many people died. That is how you get to the 0.12% number. It is estimated, not calculated off of confirmed cases.

So again, you are trying to compare ESTIMATED numbers for the flu to CONFIRMED cases and deaths for COVID19. It is fucking dishonest. All of your appeals to authority don't change that.

But, since you are such an expert maybe you can tell us how the esteemed Fauci went from predicted 2 million dead to 200,000?
    The CDC that has the EXACT same data that you link to estimates the total flu cases for 2019-20 to be 35,520,883 and deaths 34,157. Why would you believe one set of CDC numbers and ignore the rest of their numbers???

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

15. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Umm because Milan is the center of Italy's fashion industry . The cloths are designed in Italy and mass manufactured in China. There is a LOT of Chinese business travel between Milan and China. I suspect that is part of New York's problem also. Just like Milan is the epicenter in Italy. I fail to understand why you are confused as to why some cities are worse than others the EXACT same thing happens every flu season. Some cities and states get hit worse than others. The same is true for COVID19.

You have incorrectly reported the numbers.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief.../24/flu-update

If you divide the number total cases world wide by the total number of cases world wide there is a 4.9% death rate.

We do not have a 1.9% death rate for the flu and if you think that you are insane. W

Per the link I have provided I have proven your stats are bogus.

It is clear you are a fucking liar and you will be put in the dustbin with other leftist liars. You are dismissed

16. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Benghazi happened because we toppled Qadaffi ( who was an anti-terrorsim allie) that allowed factions like the Libyan Islamic Fighter Group (LIFG) and various 'assorted terrorists' to roam free in the east (Benghazi).

The Libyan war 2011 completely destroyed institutions, and let the NTC ( da rebels from the east) take power
    which they promptly abandoned turning the country into militia rule

Hillary was instrumental in all this -her desires made Qadaffi a military target as well -that caused the complete breakdown of law and order as well

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/23898
    Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:40 PM

To: Mills, Cheryl D; Nuland, Victoria
    Subject: tick tock on libya

this is basically off the top of my head, with a few consultations of my notes. but it shows S' Clinton

leadership/ownership/stewardship of this country's libya policy from start to finish.
    let me know what you
    think. toria, who else might be able to add to this?

Secretary Clinton's leadership on Libya

HRC has been a critical voice on Libya in administration deliberations, at NATO, and in contact group

meetings — as well as the public face of the U.S. effort in Libya. She was instrumental in securing the
    authorization, building the coalition, and tightening the noose around Qadhafi and his regime.
    Agreed

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

dukkha (03-31-2020)