Thread: evince disappeared

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Me too... that's quite the tribute there.
    Legion puts a grin on my face more than anybody on the board.
    Tell him I said thanks, would you? lol
    You have him on ignore? Too bad. You're missing good entertainment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

TOP (04-06-2020)

3. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Legion puts a grin on my face more than anybody on the board. You have him on ignore? Too bad. You're missing good entertainment.
    No, I'm not missing anything but spam and more spam, but you go right ahead and take my share. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-06-2020)

5. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, I'm not missing anything but spam and more spam, but you go right ahead and take my share. lol
    I don't think you would've liked Eman.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Earl (04-07-2020), Sailor (04-06-2020)

7. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I don't think you would've liked Eman.
    It's hard to say, having heard both good and bad.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Controlled Opposition,

How lame. There you go. Attacking the person, not the argument. If you wanted to say something positive about Russia, why they are somehow no threat to us, why it would be OK for us to drop our guard, that would be your choice. I can't see making such an argument, but we believe differently on that. It appears to be so difficult to make that position, that you falsely justify resorting to a petty personal attack.

Russia is an adversary. It is run by a tyrant who is subverting their constitution to become dictator for life. He is an ex KGB guy who knows no bounds and uses dirty tricks to get what he wants. Their system is completely corrupt and he has to play dirty to stay on top. People who oppose his view get poisoned. No. I can never condone that. Calling it out has nothing to do with me. It's not even about me. Poverty reins in Russia worse than the USA. Everything is payola there. There is official law, and there is the pay-off to get something done. And it all trickles up to the top, to Putin, who is very rich and lives the life of luxury and power, at others' expense, sometimes to the point of the ultimate price.

Saying so is not 'Russia-phobia.' It is being realistic.

Evince was over the top nasty to anyone who disagrees with her, and also certainly a bit extreme with the accusations of everyone being a Russian bot, but at least some of that is probably on the mark. Our intelligence agencies concluded that is what the Russians did and are doing. They infiltrate our discussion boards and social media, try to stir up hate, try to get us as emotional and polarized as possible. They want us angry at one another, unable to discuss and function. Evince took that bait, hook line and sinker. We need to stay above that. The most patriotic thing we can do is to respect one another and keep the lines of communication open if at all possible. That is exactly what my approach does, and why I recommend it for everyone to adopt my approach, copy my PIP, put it into action. If everyone did that, our discussions would move up to a higher level and we would all benefit.

Also, if more people did as I do, we would see an influx of more intellectual posters. The way the board currently goes, it drives good people away.
    you have no clues about Russia. US sanctions have greatly increased the economic doldrums -and as a result have driven Russia closer to China ( to our peril) overturnig 40 years of NIxon's China card strategy

your overly simplistic look at Putin's "dirty tricks" he is still the most popular politician in Russia.
    No other leader can come close to his abilities for Russia
    ~~

As to social media -do you think our CIA doesn't meddle in foreign affairs elections? You need a better worldview.
    We meddled in the Ukraine Euromaidan for ex. , an as a result put Putin in a situation
    where he was forced to annex Crmea for guaranteed access to Sevastopol (Russian fleet)

And what do you care about how Russia governs itself -is it any business of the USA?

finally do you have any clue of what NATO expansion, ( which James Baker lied to Gorbachev about not doing)
    has put us into Cold War 2.0..
    Warhawks like yourself are why any detente' with Russia is impossible, even though we had detente with Russia during Cold War 1.. Your geopolitical abilities are non-existent

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-07-2020), Controlled Opposition (04-07-2020), Earl (04-07-2020)

10. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    How's your quarantine going? Oh, never mind.

Indeed.

11. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    I don't have a side. I have never voted for a Republican. In the last election, I voted for Jill Stein. JPoutrage? Sweetie, you are the one who huffs and puffs and can't get over your name-calling.

Why don't you ask PoliTalker why he never holds you to the civility standard? I should ask him, but his posts are often longer than my attention span.

No one expects you to be calm and polite. No one expects it from me either. But I'll tell you what, getting back on subject, most people are either polite or indifferent to my presence, few would notice if I stopped posting.
    I would!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (04-07-2020)

13. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,421 Times in 16,410 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I would!
    I would too

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (04-07-2020)

15. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you have no clues about Russia. US sanctions have greatly increased the economic doldrums -and as a result have driven Russia closer to China ( to our peril) overturnig 40 years of NIxon's China card strategy

your overly simplistic look at Putin's "dirty tricks" he is still the most popular politician in Russia.
    ~~

As to social media -do you think our CIA doesn't meddle in foreign affairs elections? You need a better worldview.
    We meddled in the Ukraine Euromaidan for ex. , an as a result put Putin in a situation
    where he was forced to annex Crmea for guaranteed access to Sevastopol (Russian fleet)

And what do you care about how Russia governs itself -is it any business of the USA?

finally do you have any clue of what NATO expansion, ( which James Baker lied to Gorbachev about not doing)
    Warhawks like yourself are why any detente' with Russia is impossible, even though we had detente with Russia during Cold War 1.. Your geopolitical abilities are non-existent
    If Russia had a leader like Gorbachev, we could work towards better relations. We need a leader who will not kiss Putin's feet, one to stand up for America and the free world.

Biden is the man for that job.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShitTalker View Post
    We need a leader who will not kiss Putin's feet, one to stand up for America and the free world. Biden is the man for that job.

Several practical initiatives by the Trump administration have bolstered Europe’s defenses.

Most importantly, Washington has fortified NATO’s Enhanced Forward Presence along its eastern flank, whereby troops are rotated in several front-line states through four multinational NATO battle groups that total some 4,500 soldiers. Poland has also offered to permanently host a larger contingent of American troops.

In addition, despite vehement Russian opposition, the Trump administration has expanded the alliance in the Balkans by bringing in Montenegro and North Macedonia, and is keeping the door open to other aspirants.

U.S. weapons sales have also been directed at helping NATO members deter Moscow’s aggression. Most notably, Poland and Romania have purchased Patriot missile systems from the U.S. F-16 fighter jets have been sold to several allies along NATO’s eastern flank. And Ukraine and Georgia have purchased Javelin anti-tank missiles to bolster their defenses against Russian forces.

NATO has also increased the volume of military exercises in Europe. The Defender 2020 exercises, scheduled between February and June 2020, would have been the third largest alliance mobilization in Europe since the Cold War. This strategic level exercise, involving more than 20,000 troops and heavy equipment, was intended to test the U.S. Army’s capabilities in rapidly deploying large units to deter Russia’s persistent military threats along NATO’s eastern borders.

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/472534-trumps-russia-scorecard

17. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post

~~

Interesting...... I would agree mostly but I hardly believe putin is a victim & was forced to take back the Crimea...

Nor do I agree the detente is all on us... Had all their shenanigans resulted in hillary winning your take would be 180 degrees from that........ Just for the record..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    She's taken long breaks before, and then returned. I understand the need to get away from this place occasionally.
    There's no such need... It's like crack, you are addicted and need the site. Admit it...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (04-07-2020)

20. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I hope evince and her family are well and hopes she comes back to the boards soon too!
    Indeed, she's been a long time friend though we fail to agree on the vast majority of subjects.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-07-2020), USFREEDOM911 (04-07-2020)

22. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Desh use to be very civil, but then she was constantly attacked and called names, so she fights back and people call her crazy. I get it, she’d had enough.
    Even on p.com she was the same as she is here. I don't know what you mean by "very civil" but she's always been Desh, even when I called her Lady Shrubs...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (04-07-2020)

24. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Even on p.com she was the same as she is here. I don't know what you mean by "very civil" but she's always been Desh, even when I called her Lady Shrubs...
    Rana is a liar, D.