Thread: Sarah, Sarah!

1. #1 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Default Sarah, Sarah!

She really is taking her cues from Rove...Bush will probably have to pardon her, too!

Monegan investigation moves forward

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 10:15 AM

Updated: Sep 5, 2008 10:39 AM

by Channel 2 News staff
    Friday, Sept. 5, 2008

Lawmakers: Gov. Palin will not be subpoenaed

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- State lawmakers have announced that they will subpoena key witnesses in order to continue an investigation into former Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's termination.

Members of the state House and Senate judiciary committees released a statement this morning saying they would meet on Sept. 12 to discuss and issue the subpoenas.

Lawmakers also said they have urged independent investigator Steven Blanchflower to conclude his investigation into the matter by Oct. 10, ahead of the initial schedule.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Ray Ramras said lawmakers want the investigation completed earlier than planned in order to avoid any last-minute surprises for the McCain-Palin campaign in its quest for the presidency.

Seven key witnesses in the investigation refused to provide depositions this week to the special counsel, who was hired to look into Monegan's firing by the Legislature.

Lawmakers said that Gov. Sarah Palin would not be subpoenaed.

"She has told the public that she intends to cooperate with the investigation; indeed, she has told the public that she welcomes the investigation and I have every faith that she means it," said Rep. Nancy Dahlstrom, R-Eagle River. "If necessary we can send Mr. Branchflower to wherever the governor is, or she can give her statement to him over the telephone, whatever is most convenient for her. We recognize that her schedule is extremely busy, and we want to accommodate that."

Return to KTUU.com for updates to this story and watch the Channel 2 News evening broadcasts for the complete report.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rovian all the way. Change for Washington indeed.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

3. #3 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

I am so disappointed, I expected her to change, but not this soon!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 24 Posts

You people are fucking pathetic. So they don't subpoena her. Ever occur to you "convict them now, then find the facts" partisan twits that the investigation to date may have determined she does not NEED to be subpoenaed? She has VOLUNTEERED to give her statement. People who volunteer do not need a subpoena.
    Last edited by Good Luck; 09-05-2008 at 05:17 PM.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm so sick of the corruption, lying and cheating. I just want to wake up with a smile on my face and not worry about the good ole boys further destroying our futures.
    I believe in Hope. Do you?

6. #6 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Good Luck View Post
    You people are fucking pathetic. So they don't subpoena her. Ever occur to you "convict them now, then find the facts" partisan twits that the investigation to date may have determined she does not NEED to be subpoenaed? She has VOLUNTEERED to give her statement. People who volunteer do not need a subpoena.
    huh? Read the Daily News's story on this...