Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ANDREW CUOMO WILL REPLACE BIDEN AS DEMOCRAT'S PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Many younger leftist ideologues will stay home is they think the process is rigged.

Better that they get bused to the convention in their thousands and have their heads beaten in by riot police and the Wisconsin National Guard.

OPERATION CHAOS 2020 OPERATION CHAOS 2020 OPERATION CHAOS 2020 OPERATION CHAOS 2020 OPERATION CHAOS 2020 OPERATION CHAOS 2020

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Trump may win this next election...

...but anyone willing to vote for that disgusting, incompetent, ignorant, classless boor...

...should stop pretending to love America and its institutions. Anyone willing to vote for Trump could not care less about America.

In any case, Trump may win and finish the destruction of the Republic...

...but it won't be a pretty thing. Not for those of us who will vote for anyone but him...but also for those who continue to support him despite the abomination he is.

I, as a capital "I" Independent, will vote for the Democratic Party candidate if Trump remains the Republican Party candidate.

I fully expect the candidates will be Trump and former vice-President Joe Biden...but in this crazy world of ours, who knows what tomorrow holds for us. Both candidates might be a surprise.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You sure are stupid.

The Party of the Jackass managed to replace LBJ with Hubert Horatio Humphrey without HHH winning any primaries in 1968.

The DNC can do what it likes. Ask Bernie.

Humphrey entered the race too late to participate in the DEMOCRAT primaries. Humphrey did not enter any of the 13 state primary elections, but won the DEMOCRAT nomination at the party convention in Chicago, even though 80 percent of the primary voters had been for antiwar candidates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_Humphrey
    I way I read it LBJ had a breakdown after the communists" "Tet Offensive" in 1968. The US won the battle, but the Viet Cong and NVA managed to break into the American Embassy in Saigon. This was all filmed by the US media on the ground and sent back home to America onto the TV in Joe Public's living room, this and lots of other gruesome footage of corpses killed in combat, wounded civilians, GI's fighting the communists the streets of Saigon, terrified women and children, etc; scared the shit out of the American public. The "Tet Offensive" was actually a decisive military victory for the Americans, but , thanks to the leftist media, the political blow -back was lethal, and I think it was this that psychologically broke LBJ. In any case on March 31st, 1968, LBJ publicly announced that he would not seek or accept the Democratic nomination for that year's Presidential election in early December. In private he vaguely referred to Vietnam as a reason for his decision, but also cited his health. None of the males in his family had ever lived much past sixty, and to make matters worse LBJ was quite literally a "chain smoker." Hubert Humphrey, LBJ's VP, subsequently announced his candidacy on 27th April that year. Humphrey won the Democratic nomination at the party's National Convention in October, but his slavish support for Johnson's war policy in Vietnam split the party and triggered widespread rioting outside the venue.

In his retirement, LBJ lambasted Humphrey as weak, spineless and effeminate. He said he was glad that Nixon had defeated him in the December 68 election, because he wasn't man enough to be the POTUS !

Dachshund

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshynddawg View Post
    I always watch Tucker Carlson's political commentary on FOX because he's intelligent, fair-minded and doesn't peddle fake news. Moreover, he's a natural, social conservative, not a bug-eyed, ideological zealot ,and IMO he speaks lots of common sense.

Recently, (on 27th March, 2020), he made a prediction about the November election that was exactly the same the one I had made about two weeks earlier (I guess great minds think alike !) Here's what the prediction is...

I am absolutely certain that Joe Biden will not be the Democratic nominee on election day. At present he has enough votes to make reaching the official number required for nomination a mere formality. But this, I would argue, - the math -, is pretty much irrelevant. Biden has dementia and
    his cognitive functioning is already conspicuously impaired; it is extremely unlikely that he will have the mental fortitude to last until election day in November, (Carlson says that Biden insiders have told him as much personally). The truth is that Biden should not be working still, and that's first and foremost a medical fact. That he still is, is absolute madness. Biden is simply not up to the mental and physical demands of this race. It's like fielding a (Democratic) donkey to run in the Kentucky Derby !

The Democratic establishment (i.e; the party's big corporate donors and the DNC) are now faced with a situation where there two trains travelling towards each other at high speed. Two competing imperatives. That is, (1) we've got to win, and (2) but we've got a guy who can't win. Therefore, we must replace him.

And replace him they will. The Democratic party is hell-bent on defeating Trump, they are obsessed with taking power. And where there's a will there's a way, and over the past three years they've demonstrated that they're willing to do literally anything however low and disreputable to bring down President Trump They have no conscience or moral compass, no sense of decency, they are utterly ruthless and unprincipled. If Biden is is deemed a problems, they will simply remove him at the Democratic Convent and replace him with their preferred candidate.

And who will that preferred candidate be ? I agree with Tucker Carlson, it will the New York Democrat, Andrew Cuomo. But how would the Democrats taken Biden's delegates and give them to Cuomo, you ask? Like I said, the Math doesn't matter, the DNC WILL do what has to be done, and they wont give a flying fuck if anyone's feathers get ruffled - that's politics, it's a brutal game.

So that's my prediction and Tucker Carlson's too. The DNC will replace Biden with Andrew Cuomo at this this years Democratic Nation Convention. You can put money on it - it's a lock !

The last time something like this happened was the 1968 Democrat Primaries, when Hubert Humphrey emerged at the Democratic National Convention as the party's nominee for President despite not winning any state primaries or caucuses. He went on to be defeated in the December 1968 Presidential election by (Republican) Richard Nixon.

Dachshund
    That whole post is blown in the first line, "I always watch Tucker Carlson's political commentary on FOX because he's intelligent, fair-minded and doesn't peddle fake news," nobody could be that naive

Cuomo ain't bumping any candidate, and even if given the possibility, probably wouldn't want to under those circumstances, Carson is selling the Fox/Trump line, promote what you can to sow discourse among the Democrats while undercutting Biden's credibility as a candidate, Tucker is a 100% demogogue, he is only in it for the money

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Trump may win this next election...

...but anyone willing to vote for that disgusting, incompetent, ignorant, classless boor...

...should stop pretending to love America and its institutions. Anyone willing to vote for Trump could not care less about America.

In any case, Trump may win and finish the destruction of the Republic...

...but it won't be a pretty thing. Not for those of us who will vote for anyone but him...but also for those who continue to support him despite the abomination he is.

I, as a capital "I" Independent, will vote for the Democratic Party candidate if Trump remains the Republican Party candidate.

I fully expect the candidates will be Trump and former vice-President Joe Biden...but in this crazy world of ours, who knows what tomorrow holds for us. Both candidates might be a surprise.
    And I will vote for Trump..... because America has never been better off !

6. The Following User Groans At Loving91390 For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (03-30-2020)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You sure are stupid.

The Party of the Jackass managed to replace LBJ with Hubert Horatio Humphrey without HHH winning any primaries in 1968.

The DNC can do what it likes. Ask Bernie.
    We are under a very different system with many more primaries and pledged delegates than in 1968 when party bosses controlled delegates.

LBJ was not running for reelection.

No, Biden will not be replaced by Cuomo.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-30-2020)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    A 50+ year old MODEL? In that case, WE can go into smoky cigar filled rooms with UNION bosses, state bosses, no women and no black people, and PICK ONE. Damn, who knew?

Not you certainly. Biden is heading for hiding, you know it!

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    And I will vote for Trump..... because America has never been better off !
    Well, we know where "loving" falls on the political spectrum

11. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Loving91390 (03-30-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-30-2020)

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Not you certainly. Biden is heading for hiding, you know it!
    Biden isn't hiding, keeping a low profile, smart, let Trump bury himself as the crisis continues, which also removes a scapegoat for Trump to deflect off of, Trump is struggling in that area which he is so accustomed to employing. In the meantime, Biden is while working behind the scenes to bring in the progressive wing of the Party

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Biden isn't hiding, keeping a low profile, smart, let Trump bury himself as the crisis continues, which also removes a scapegoat for Trump to deflect off of, Trump is struggling in that area which he is so accustomed to employing. In the meantime, Biden is while working behind the scenes to bring in the progressive wing of the Party
    Biden has been blogging. He isn’t hiding. He is decimating great information about the virus.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    We are under a very different system with many more primaries and pledged delegates than in 1968 when party bosses controlled delegates.

LBJ was not running for reelection.

No, Biden will not be replaced by Cuomo.

Biden has all but secured the Democratic nomination just on the voting figures to date.

It is certain, for all intents and purposes, that if there is no intervention by the DNC to remove him, he will run against Trump in the November election.

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that the Democrats will allow a 77- year- old man who clearly has dementia( i.e; who has clearly lost his fucking marbles) to go head-to-head with Trump ? You must be crazy, because that just aint gonna happen, man.

Dachshund
    Last edited by Dachshynddawg; 03-30-2020 at 11:39 AM.

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshynddawg View Post
    Biden has all but secured the Democratic nomination just on the voting figures to date.

It is certain, for all intents and purposes, that if there is no intervention by the DNC to remove him, he will run against Trump in the November election.

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that will all the Democrats will allow a 77- year- old man who clearly has dementia( i.e; who has clearly lost his fucking marbles) to go head-to-head with Trump ? You must be crazy, because that just aint gonna happen, man.

Dachshund
    What actions can the DNC take? I'm not aware of any rules allowing them to replace a candidate because of age. Democrats would be very unhappy the candidate clearly winning the most delegates was replaced. If Biden can get the 900 more delegates needed for a majority it will show Democrats clearly favor him with dementia or not.

I don't tend to believe the big dramatic changes scenario including the predicted "brokered" convention. The DNC did not stop Sanders from the 2016 nomination.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Dims will bring a surprise nominee to their convention.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Biden has been blogging. He isn’t hiding. He is decimating great information about the virus.
    Laughing in an audible fashion.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I'm sure there EVANGELICALS praying their little knees numb that Biden gets coronavirus!
    You are confusing evangelicals with the DNC.